Deadpool - Discussion and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    I really look forward to him in both of these roles. This could end up being so great.
    Indeed! I am a big fan of Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool is quite an awesome character. Along with the Green Lantern! Unfortunately, I haven't seen Wolverine yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      Indeed! I am a big fan of Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool is quite an awesome character. Along with the Green Lantern! Unfortunately, I haven't seen Wolverine yet.
      I thought it was pretty good. He was
      Spoiler:
      great in the small amount of time he was onscreen.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Reynolds On 'Deadpool' Writer Hunt And 'Dream Director' Quentin Tarantino

Last month, "Deadpool" and "Green Lantern" star Ryan Reynolds gave us an update on both films and offered even more reason why he's the actor MTV is most thankful for this year. However, that wasn't all the actor had to say about the solo debut of Marvel's mouthy mercenary, Wade Wilson (a.k.a. Deadpool).

Not only did Reynolds tell MTV News about the process of finding a screenwriter for the "Deadpool" movie, he also offered up some thoughts on his "dream director" for the project.

"You think directors for a movie like this and you immediately picture [Quentin] Tarantino or somebody like that," Reynolds told MTV News. "Obviously Tarantino is a guy that likes to direct his own material, so there's a good chance he wouldn't be the guy. We all have our lists of dream directors."

continues:
        http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/12/07...tin-tarantino/

Ryan Reynolds Talks Deadpool!

In this article you will receive the latest word on the Deadpool Suit, the Deadpool Trailer, and Ryan also sheds light on what it is like being cast as both Deadpool and The Green Lantern!

In regard's to the Deadpool suit, Reynolds responds when MTV asked him if he has seen or tried on the infamous costume: "No, there's no Deadpool suit that I've tried on,"

In response to the upcoming Deadpool trailer: "I've told Fox already that the only way there's ever gong to be a 'Deadpool' trailer is if Deadpool makes his own trailer," he laughed. "He needs to be talking to the movie audience ... with the movie trailer voice: 'In a world... gone mad... one man... must stand alone...'"

Sounds good to me. Reynolds off course is playing this one pretty close to the chest, Ryan went on to say:

"You want to find the best version of what's in the comic books, but like a lot of [characters], Deadpool has one of the more inconsistent narratives," he told MTV News. "It's tough, because the series has been dropped and reopened so many times. You really have to pick and choose so many of the best elements and cobble those together and create the movie of your dreams." "Oddly enough, I think the suit is the easiest task, " he added. "It's such a cool-looking suit, too. It's just deciding on the material and stuff, but that comes into play once you get a script."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=12548

A Duo of Writers Penning the Deadpool Script?

Only yesterday, MTV posted a snipppet of a recent interview with actor Ryan Reynolds in which he discussed X-Men Origins: Deadpool, Reynolds' solo spin-off of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. In the interview, Reynolds said that the studio was "just right now" making a decision about who would pen the script.

Well, if the source who leaked to Devin Faraci of CHUD can be believed, the decision has already been made and it won't be a writer, but writers. Faraci claims that his source told him that Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the writing duo behind Zombieland, have been signed on to pen the adventures of the "Merc with a Mouth." Faraci admits that he was not able to verify the information.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=12529

Comment

I can't wait for this, Ryan sounds like he is going to be extremely true to Deadpool's nature!

Comment

I can't wait for this, Ryan sounds like he is going to be extremely true to Deadpool's nature!
            And that is so awesome! He is going to do a great job in this, I just know it.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i think the zombieland writers are perfect for this movie!fox....hire them...hire them now!
              and ryan reynolds is probably deadpools biggest fan so of course he plans to make it true to character.i think he only did wolverine and went along with wat they did to deadpool because he knew it would get him a spinoff movie where HE could make decisions on it.

Comment

I thought it was pretty good. He was
                Spoiler:
                great in the small amount of time he was onscreen.
                Deadpool actually didn't appear in that movie. There was only some stuff in the beginning with Wade Wilson.
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                  Deadpool actually didn't appear in that movie. There was only some stuff in the beginning with Wade Wilson.
                  yeah as sad as it is....that was there version of deadpool at the end of the movie...which is why reynolds and the producers are adament the spinoff will be its own thing and not tie into wolverine.thank god!

Comment

Its official......Zombieland writers hired for Deadpool movie!!!
                    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Zombi...off-16407.html

Comment

Deadpool Writer Discusses Ryan Reynolds' Dedication

From MTV Splashpage: Deadpool writers converse with Ryan Reynolds regularly

“We’re outlining it pretty seriously right now,” explained Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick writers of “Zombieland,” “We’re in the early stages.”

“We just absolutely adore the character and the comic,” explained Wernick. “And tonally, it’s right up our alley. He’s the unstable, smart-ass, self deprecating guy — and they say write what you know"

Writers express their excitement on the Deadpool project and have been developing with Deadpool star himself - Ryan Reynolds. They say that its a collaborative process, and they say Reynolds is smart and passionate about the character.

“What’s great about Ryan is that he’s been the keeper of the Deadpool flame for many years, he’s loved the character since forever; he lives it and breathes it,” Reese said of some of the specific ideas Reynolds has brought up to them. “We’re a little newer to Deadpool, although we’ve done a bit of catching up. One of the nice things about working with Ryan is that he tonally gets it — if we ever do something that is off the Deadpool path, or if it doesn’t feel like Deadpool, he catches it.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=14730

Comment

This.........

In response to the upcoming Deadpool trailer: "I've told Fox already that the only way there's ever gong to be a 'Deadpool' trailer is if Deadpool makes his own trailer," he laughed. "He needs to be talking to the movie audience ... with the movie trailer voice: 'In a world... gone mad... one man... must stand alone...
                        ........would be awesome!
                        sigpic

Comment

Robert Rodriguez Offered Deadpool?

ThePlaylist reveals that Robert Rodriguez(Sin City, Predators(producer) has been offered the directors chair for the upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine spin off, Deadpool, starring Ryan Reynolds..

Robert Rodriguez has been offered to direct "Deadpool" by 20th Century Fox tipped to us by the latest issue of Production Weekly and confirmed to us by a sources very close to the project. It is something he is considering, but that's it at the moment.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19081

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            Robert Rodriguez Offered Deadpool?

ThePlaylist reveals that Robert Rodriguez(Sin City, Predators(producer) has been offered the directors chair for the upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine spin off, Deadpool, starring Ryan Reynolds..

Robert Rodriguez has been offered to direct "Deadpool" by 20th Century Fox tipped to us by the latest issue of Production Weekly and confirmed to us by a sources very close to the project. It is something he is considering, but that's it at the moment.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19081
                            I don't like Robert Rodriguez too much....

Comment

I don't like Robert Rodriguez too much....
                              I am kind of indifferent. If he takes it, great. If not, oh well IMO.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am kind of indifferent. If he takes it, great. If not, oh well IMO.
                                If I enjoy his upcoming Predators then I will change my mind! Its just that he and Quentin Tarantino can be very hit and miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X