Deadpool - Discussion and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    If I enjoy his upcoming Predators then I will change my mind! Its just that he and Quentin Tarantino can be very hit and miss.
    But he's not directing Predators.

I do agree with him being hit and miss, as I haven't enjoyed his new stuff. I'd be more interested in watching El Mariatchi or even the original Spy Kids than Planet Terror or Sin City. With him doing Deadpool, I'm not sure how to react to it in all honesty.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      But he's not directing Predators.

I do agree with him being hit and miss, as I haven't enjoyed his new stuff. I'd be more interested in watching El Mariatchi or even the original Spy Kids than Planet Terror or Sin City. With him doing Deadpool, I'm not sure how to react to it in all honesty.
      Oh....I thought he was....

Comment

i thought it was a great movie, i especially liked one the movie poster advertisements that was awesome! everyones eyes are closed and wolverines are opened

the movie currently was released last saturday on HBO , i keep missing the first part
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
          i thought it was a great movie, i especially liked one the movie poster advertisements that was awesome! everyones eyes are closed and wolverines are opened

the movie currently was released last saturday on HBO , i keep missing the first part
          Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Oh....I thought he was....
            I think they are giving him more credit for his name is more recognised than the actual director.

sigpic

Comment

Lauren Schuler Donner Talks X-Men First Class And Deadpool

Donner says that Ryan Reynolds has been working closely with the writers on Deadpool. They hope to get things off the ground next year. She says Reynolds IS Wade Wilson, then corrects herself and says IS Deadpool! She also says that we are going to love the film.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19445

Comment

Robert Rodriguez Talks Deadpool

Robert Rodriguez has just finished Predators and is now busy promoting Machete which stars Danny Trejo. MTV caught up with him to see where his involvement is in Deadpool.

"They sent me a script to read, [but] I've been really swamped with this other stuff," Rodriguez said. "I've not decided whether ... anything I do would be after 'Spy Kids' — that gives some breathing room. So whether or not I would help develop or not is the question right now."

The script is still being worked on but Rodriguez likes the early version that he has seen. "It was really good. It wasn't supposed to be sent out, it was one of those early drafts, they were probably like 'Robert just finished 'Predators,' let's see what he thinks at this early stage' ... I got an early sneak peek at it."

The director is a big fan of Ryan Reynolds being heavily involved with the writers and confirms Reynolds' Deadpool will break the fourth wall and talk to the audience. It would appear that all the stars would have to align just right for Rodriguez to helm this movie if it is to stay on course for a possible 2012 debut.

Video at:
                http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=20431

Comment

Ryan Reynolds calls the Deadpool movie "emotional filth"

[W]e won't be subjected to the horrifying version of Deadpool presented in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine film, and, yes, there will be fourth-wall breaking:
                  It goes in such a different direction than a superhero movie usually goes. It's a nasty piece of work. It's just based in so much emotional filth, completely. It's like Barfly if it were a superhero movie. It sort of treads into the world of an emotionally damaged person. I always say that Deadpool is a guy in a highly militarized shame spiral. [...] It's so different than the superhero movies to date, it departs so far from that.
                  More at link
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well he is probably fired
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Nah. I think io9 took the line a bit out of context; it fits the character well when reading the full quote.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Producer Says X-MEN 4 & 5 In Active Development, DEADPOOL is ‘Total Reboot.’

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...#ixzz1HupT4489

Comment

Deadpool trailer. Red band trailer at link below:
                          http://cultfix.co.uk/deadpool-first-...lers-29663.htm

Comment

Every instance of Deadpool I have ever come across has made me hate the character. I'll probably end up seeing the movie but if the trailer is any indication, it will be a chore.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

Deadpool trailer. Red band trailer at link below:
                              http://cultfix.co.uk/deadpool-first-...lers-29663.htm

That was non stop laughter!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X