X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape Speculation

Hi,

Here is a thought for a future revelation in Farscape -

It turns out that modern day earth (as we know it) is actually 100s of millions of years ago relative to he events in the TV show (Peacekeepers, Scarans etc)

The wormhole links earth through time as well as space! (This has been established as being possible in previous episodes).

Why would his be great?

Could turn out that humans in he future are the precursor of loads of the farscape races.

I know this is a very similar theme to lots of sci-fi but kind of turns it on its head. Usually there is some advanced race as our precursor (Star Trek TNG, BSG, Stargate) This would mean that we are the ancients!

What are your thoughts..

Personally, I like Farscape taking place in the here and now. It is a nice idea, but not really something I would want to take place. Besides, wasn't it hinted at by that one Eidelon in PKWs that the Peacekeepers were actually descendants of Earth? Brought to that part of the universe by the Eidelons?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Personally, I like Farscape taking place in the here and now. It is a nice idea, but not really something I would want to take place. Besides, wasn't it hinted at by that one Eidelon in PKWs that the Peacekeepers were actually descendants of Earth? Brought to that part of the universe by the Eidelons?
      I believe you might be right Fifth. That's why PKs and Humans look so a like. BUT physiologically Humans and Interons (Jool's race) are closer since part of an Interon was used to replace part of John's brain in the opener, Season of Death (at least I think that's the title of the S3 opener).
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

i dont like the wormholes go froward in time idea....just seems like to much to me.

Comment

Well, given the distance they probably traveled via the wormhole, wouldn't it basically be that big of a time difference? Or wait, I guess that would be backwards, he'd be going back in time....or something.

But yeah, I'm with fifth, both on liking it taking place in the now, as well as the already mentioned connections between PKs and Humans.

Comment

Well - Here and now wise....

They were never clear in the show whether Earth is in the same galaxy as the farscape events (in fact they were not clear how ships other than Moya were able to travel between the stars).

If Earth is really far away then it wouldn't really matter if you were travelling into the future when travelling between Earth and where the scarans are....

Alternatively it could turn out that in fact the wormhole travels millions of years through time (into the future from our perspective) but only a few thousand of light years in space. Could lead to a story in which Crichton finds our solar system with the sun about to go Nova or something and the Earth long dead.... could turn out that all life in the Farscape universe evolved from life on Earth billions of years ago (or in billions of years life from earth evolved into the different species we see...

You get also tally this with the story about peacekeepers evolving from humans... perhaps the eiodolons found a way of travelling back in time (using a wormhole possibly, which Crichton inadvertently reopened in ep 1) and when they travelled back in time they took primitive humans to make the sebacean race.

Now I know I am going all Star Trek - Then it could be explained that this was how humans were given the info to leave Earth and populate the universe. These species then lost contact with each other and each evolved seperately into the different species we see on Farscape (With the exception of the anicents possibly and those ones that came through a wormhole in the ep where Zaan died.)

Comment

Working...
            X