X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no civilians?

how come star gate has to be about soldiers and scientists
    couldnt you have figured some way to have some random type civilians thrown into the mix?

a trucker or hiker maby a few kids or teenagers you know like going to an airport or grabing a jet liner and dumping in aboard the ship

obviously there would be usefull people as well as some anoying people
    it would also give the show some "noobs" to explain stuff to

the star gate shows tend to have too many "experts" which tends to leave the viewer behind a bit.

Im an engineer type so I like to see stuff like blueplints and be able to study and understand the psuto science and techspeak

I can't see any believable circumstances under which a trucker, hiker, or kids would be involved in the stargate program.

Comment

Top secret military operations don't generally allow for the inclusion of non military personnel or civvies who aren't experts in their field or involved in some form of politics.

Look, there's a senator's daughter in SGU, so is that more to your liking?

Kinda sounds to me like you want to watch Roswell, not Stargate...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Theres a planet full of kids in SGA
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brent847 View Post
          couldnt you have figured some way to have some random type civilians thrown into the mix?

a trucker or hiker maby a few kids or teenagers you know like going to an airport or grabing a jet liner and dumping in aboard the ship

the star gate shows tend to have too many "experts" which tends to leave the viewer behind a bit.

Im an engineer type so I like to see stuff like blueplints and be able to study and understand the psuto science and techspeak
          Scientists aren't considered civilians? Does this mean I can read my own FBI file now?
          Last edited by starshineRoxie; 28 April 2009, 10:10 AM.
          StarshineRoxie
          A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
          sigpic

Comment

In something like the Stargate Program, I don't think there would be any random civillians thrown into the mix. It's dangerous, and only people qualified and trained to handle the difficult situations would be there.

Comment

I'm surprised how many how many non-military people there are in Stargate (especially Atlantis).
              sigpic
              In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
              "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
                I'm surprised how many how many non-military people there are in Stargate (especially Atlantis).
                atlantis expedition had to be an international expedition, and it sould be easier put together an international group of scientists than an international group of soldiers...
                besides, atlantis scientists had to be the most qualified scientists on earth, and how many Rodney McKay have you got in the Army?
                sigpic
                Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

If they wanted more Civilians in SG, they would just go public.
                  As simpel as that!
                  sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                    If they wanted more Civilians in SG, they would just go public.
                    As simpel as that!
                    At the end of the day, there'll be plenty of civvies. The finest minds WILL be drafted in, civvy or not. But they WILL be politicians and scientists. What other roles are there?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      At the end of the day, there'll be plenty of civvies. The finest minds WILL be drafted in, civvy or not. But they WILL be politicians and scientists. What other roles are there?
                      I agree...there really is no place for someone who is not either military, scientist, or involved in politics.

Speaking of the senator's daughter (Chloe), though, I am actually really looking forward to it because the closest we've ever had to a character like her was Dr. Weir, and even Dr. Weir was an expert in her field.
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        Doctors. But still, not much else more than that.

Comment

General O'Neill: "Hey Mr. President! As we discussed, we're de-classifying the Stargate program. We're thinking of adding some new personnel. What do you say to recruiting some random hikers and teenage kids or maybe that hooker your Chief of Staff was photographed with last month?"

The President: "But what will they do? I know what the hooker will do, of course, 'Morale Officer'. Heh heh. But what about everyone else?"

Comment

Dr Weir was introduced to help solve the problem with only having military personel and scientists and she knew nothing about the gate. i thinked it worked so more should be added.
                            Some say that he has only one ear.
                            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                            All we know is he's called
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                              Doctors. But still, not much else more than that.
                              I was kinda lumping the docs in with scientists, but fair enough.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X