This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Puddle jumper on Steroids"

So JM in his blog has talked about a puddle jumper on steroids or rather a shuttle multiple times on his blog. Any ideas?
    sigpic

Originally posted by major davis View Post
    So JM in his blog has talked about a puddle jumper on steroids or rather a shuttle multiple times on his blog. Any ideas?

Comment

LOL THATS HILARIOUS
      Ok now be serious
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        LOL THATS HILARIOUS
        Ok now be serious
        What, you want me to draw a sketch of the thing?
        It's a shuttle. A bigger version of the PJ. We already have artwork of the bridge. Other than that...

Comment

I could see their tech being a bit more crude and barbaric.
          The point of the show isn't to 'acquire advanced weapons and technology to defend Earth' (then use them), but I still want to see something new and flashy.

(I'm looking forward to the show, but I'll miss not seeing the Earth vessels, except for SG:1/SG:A movies.)

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
            I could see their tech being a bit more crude and barbaric.
            The point of the show isn't to 'acquire advanced weapons and technology to defend Earth' (then use them), but I still want to see something new and flashy.

(I'm looking forward to the show, but I'll miss not seeing the Earth vessels, except for SG:1/SG:A movies.)
            You'll see a 304 at least once in SGU...Better than nothing.

Comment

Delta Flyer.

Comment

I think people forget that in spite of it being Ancient tech (which is considerably advanced, if not the most advanced race in the series ever), the Destiny & it's tech are still gonna be consdierably old.

It's far older than Atlantis & was launched @ the height of their civilization, so even if it is still advanced to us; it will be quite old by Ancient standards. Altantis , the Puddle Jumpers & the Pegasus system & everything found in Pegasus by the Ancients is their 'newest'/most advanced Ancient tech.

By the sound of the shuttle(s) it will still be quite advanced & bigger than a Puddle Jumpers we have seen on SG-1 & SGA. Which brings me to another question, given that mini drone tech was developed in Pegasus & that drone tech may have been developed in the MW (the Anartic outpost had them before they left for Pegasus, this is assumed in Rising part 1 during the flash back when Atlantis leaves Earth); will we see drones equiped on their suttles/the Destiny or will it have lasers or something similar to that effect?

Comment

Best guess is they may have something similair to drones but possibly bigger, different color, and maybe less power, but a turned off version might not look like a squid.

The drones were created before pegasus, but it's difficult to say if it was in the years leading up to pegasus, or before that. My guess is the drones were created around the same time as city ships, and city ships may have been created a few hundred years or so after the launch of the Destiny(is it too late to change the name?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!) /it would make sense that they stopped exploring, because they found a new galaxy to "take over" pegasus, so they build ships, and then wham, plague and chases them to pegasus anyway... im guessing
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                    LOL. It took my a few seconds............but I got it

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
                      Delta Flyer.
                      Na. It'l be the planet express ship

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                        I think people forget that in spite of it being Ancient tech (which is considerably advanced, if not the most advanced race in the series ever), the Destiny & it's tech are still gonna be consdierably old.

It's far older than Atlantis & was launched @ the height of their civilization, so even if it is still advanced to us; it will be quite old by Ancient standards. Altantis , the Puddle Jumpers & the Pegasus system & everything found in Pegasus by the Ancients is their 'newest'/most advanced Ancient tech.

By the sound of the shuttle(s) it will still be quite advanced & bigger than a Puddle Jumpers we have seen on SG-1 & SGA. Which brings me to another question, given that mini drone tech was developed in Pegasus & that drone tech may have been developed in the MW (the Anartic outpost had them before they left for Pegasus, this is assumed in Rising part 1 during the flash back when Atlantis leaves Earth); will we see drones equiped on their suttles/the Destiny or will it have lasers or something similar to that effect?
                        If you remember correctly they came back from Pegasus and quite possibly invented more stuff, they didn't just stop because they abandoned their city.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
                          If you remember correctly they came back from Pegasus and quite possibly invented more stuff, they didn't just stop because they abandoned their city.
                          You've got it backwards: the Destiny was built before Atlantis was, and therefore before the Ancients actually went to Pegasus. Unless they suffered a massive technological regression between the construction of the Destiny and the construction of Atlantis (not outside the realm of possibility), the technology on the Destiny will be less advanced than in Atlantis.
                          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix
                            You've got it backwards: the Destiny was built before Atlantis was, and therefore before the Ancients actually went to Pegasus. Unless they suffered a massive technological regression between the construction of the Destiny and the construction of Atlantis (not outside the realm of possibility), the technology on the Destiny will be less advanced than in Atlantis.
                            I also think it will be less advanced than Atlantis, because it was build before Atlantis. Also the Ancients probably improved Atlantis after it was build, because they spend a few million years living in it, while the Destiny was abandoned.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                              I dunno about massive technological regression, but here is how Syfy described SGU:

After unlocking the mystery of the Stargate's ninth chevron, a team of explorers travels to an unmanned starship called the Destiny, launched by The Ancients at the height of their civilization as a grand experiment set in motion, but never completed.

What starts as a simple reconnaissance turns into a never ending mission, as the Stargate Universe crew discovers the ship is unable to return to Earth, and they must now fend for themselves aboard the Destiny.

The crew will travel to the far reaches of the universe, connecting with each of the previously launched Stargates, thus fulfilling the Destiny's original mission. Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny and the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.

Personally, I've always thought the Ancients portrayed on SGA were a decaying society, the bottom of the gene pool, the ones who couldn't ascend naturally, and got their asses kicked by a subpar enemy. I think the Ancients from SGU will be more in line with SG-1's Ancients.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X