Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinda an old issue...(about SGU and aliens)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda an old issue...(about SGU and aliens)

Do you think we will see aliens and other planets frequently in SGU? Or do you think EVERY episode will consist of Destiny-exclusive episodes? I mean, I don't want Stargate: LOST, but I wouldn't mind Stargate: Universe, where we explore the universe -- like the Destiny was meant to.

Because honestly, I am looking forward to seeing the aliens they create -- to see us battle aliens that are way beyond us, to see us fight enemies that are like us, and then fight enemies who just want something from us. All of that seems cool to me...but it seems boring to always be on a ship.

I'm actually of the opinion that there won't be very many episodes that are Destiny-centric. I think there will be a lot of exploring of other planets, and I hope (because of this) that there is plenty of interaction with aliens.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      I'm actually of the opinion that there won't be very many episodes that are Destiny-centric. I think there will be a lot of exploring of other planets, and I hope (because of this) that there is plenty of interaction with aliens.
      http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...niverse2.shtml

It's mainly that interview that is making me think this, could just be reading it wrong. But that was my thinking, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
        http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...niverse2.shtml

It's mainly that interview that is making me think this, could just be reading it wrong. But that was my thinking, too.
        Hmm...I listened to the interview, but I am bad at remembering everything they said. Any part in particular that makes you feel this way?

My reaction to that interview was one of excitement, as I like the new direction of the show overall.
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Do you think we will see aliens and other planets frequently in SGU? Or do you think EVERY episode will consist of Destiny-exclusive episodes? I mean, I don't want Stargate: LOST, but I wouldn't mind Stargate: Universe, where we explore the universe -- like the Destiny was meant to.

Because honestly, I am looking forward to seeing the aliens they create -- to see us battle aliens that are way beyond us, to see us fight enemies that are like us, and then fight enemies who just want something from us. All of that seems cool to me...but it seems boring to always be on a ship.
          Since SGU is a new show and will focus on the characters, I'd rather watch 100 episodes dealing with the humans on the ship than 100 episodes of boring "alien of the week" issue.
          By the way, what's the point of fighting aliens everytime the team encounter new species?
          So say we all!

Comment

I think aliens will be few and far between, but I think what few there are will actually be alien rather than slightly modified Earth creatures or guys in rubber suits. So more quality than quantity I think (hope).

Comment

In all likelihood the first few episodes of the series will deal heavily with surviving on the ship, figuring out what is going on, trying to communicate with Earth...

...after that, we'll get back into exploring and meeting aliens!
              sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't count on it, not the 'meeting' part anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna
                  I agree with you. It would be nice to more advanced alien civillizations. It would also be great to see wars and alliences between different alien civillizations and have the human expedition caught up in it.

I think having the expidition encounter different alien civillizations would be great for character develpoment. Being the outsider for a change would be very interesting. It would also be nice to see how the people on the Destiny from different countries would respond to different types of alien government and culture.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                    It would also be great to see wars and alliences between different alien civillizations and have the human expedition caught up in it.
                    This would be the coolest thing the show may do.
                    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      In all likelihood the first few episodes of the series will deal heavily with surviving on the ship, figuring out what is going on, trying to communicate with Earth...

Actually,

Spoiler:
                      Joseph Mallozzi (or one of TPTB...) mentioned that they go into exploration right away in "Air", I believe. Although...I guess it's not really exploration if you're likely searching for something as a means of survival, but at least they'll be going to a planet and it won't be just the ship .
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        I agree. If it was heavily Destiny orientated, then the show would be called Stargate destiny.
                        Some say that he has only one ear.
                        And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                        All we know is he's called
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by solid-snake56 View Post
                          Since SGU is a new show and will focus on the characters, I'd rather watch 100 episodes dealing with the humans on the ship than 100 episodes of boring "alien of the week" issue.
                          By the way, what's the point of fighting aliens everytime the team encounter new species?
                          So you would want to watch a bunch of humans on a ship that basically have a new feature of the ancient ship every week, or a new tidbit of information about the ship, or...

You see, that to me sounds boring and more like Lost. Where it's all set in one place (pretty much, at least) and you only learn about that place. I watch Stargate for the interaction with alien races -- for the exploration of different worlds -- to see what happens between humans and wraith, or guo'uld, or whatever. I don't watch stargate to see the next new thing on Atlantis (or in SGU's case, Destiny). See what I mean? I mean -- it's STARGATE not STARDESTINY. The world "Destiny" isn't in the title -- no, the world UNIVERSE is. Meaning let the two most important things about this series be the STARGATE and learning about the UNIVERSE. Kinda like SG-1, we followed SG-1. Stargate Atlantis, we learned about Atlantis and the PG. In SGU, we should follow the crew of the Destiny.

Get what I mean?

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

If thats the case, then I wouldn't mind it. In fact, I would be upset if we aren't trying to figure out how to live on this ship that is apparently not meant to be lived on...

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I wouldn't count on it, not the 'meeting' part anyway...
                          Why not?

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I think aliens will be few and far between, but I think what few there are will actually be alien rather than slightly modified Earth creatures or guys in rubber suits. So more quality than quantity I think (hope).
                          Why do you think this? Just wondering!

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                            I think having the expidition encounter different alien civillizations would be great for character develpoment. Being the outsider for a change would be very interesting.
                            That actually sounds really awesome, I hope to see some of that too.
                            sigpic

Comment

So you would want to watch a bunch of humans on a ship that basically have a new feature of the ancient ship every week, or a new tidbit of information about the ship, or...

You see, that to me sounds boring and more like Lost. Where it's all set in one place (pretty much, at least) and you only learn about that place. I watch Stargate for the interaction with alien races -- for the exploration of different worlds -- to see what happens between humans and wraith, or guo'uld, or whatever. I don't watch stargate to see the next new thing on Atlantis (or in SGU's case, Destiny). See what I mean? I mean -- it's STARGATE not STARDESTINY. The world "Destiny" isn't in the title -- no, the world UNIVERSE is. Meaning let the two most important things about this series be the STARGATE and learning about the UNIVERSE. Kinda like SG-1, we followed SG-1. Stargate Atlantis, we learned about Atlantis and the PG. In SGU, we should follow the crew of the Destiny.

Get what I mean?
                              I understand, but the writers have already done that for 15 years now, so maybe it's time to focus on the other aliens: our humans trapped on the ship.
                              The main point about Atlantis (I mean in the beginning) was to find the city and Ancient tech and weapons, but in 5 years of SGA, they've never spend too much time to explore the city, the writers chose to focus the story on an offworld team, another SG-1.
                              So yes, I want to watch a Stargate series based on a group of people, because I want to know why I should care for them every week (and for another reason than watching them firing at everything that lives with a P90 or destroying whatever they find with nukes episode after episode). BTW, Wright & Cooper already said
                              Spoiler:
                              that the crew will encounter aliens and/or monsters.
                              Last edited by solid-snake56; 23 April 2009, 06:19 PM.
                              So say we all!

Comment

Working...
                              X