No announcement yet.

Wheel of Time Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/...series-amazon/ - Amazon is picking this up as a series. Multiple sources checked.
    Last edited by Spimman; 03 October 2018, 05:47 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Continuing to move forward

Amazon's long-anticipated Wheel of Time adaptation has found its director.

IGN can reveal that Westworld helmer Uta Briesewitz will direct the first two episodes of Amazon's sprawling fantasy series, based on the books by Robert Jordan....

...The series will reportedly begin filming this September in Prague, with Rafe Judkins serving as showrunner.
      sigpic

Comment

Casting decisions are being made - Moraine

Today, Amazon announced that Gone Girl’s Rosamund Pike has been cast as Moiraine, one of the most legendary channelers of the One Power, a mystical energy that’s responsible for the creation of all things and the source of the world’s magic. She will lead the show’s cast as well as serving as a producer for the series.
        Link
        sigpic

Comment

Brandon Sanderson is at the table, somewhere, and seems excited about the tv adaptation

I found the [vast] majority of these decisions to be excellent choices–things that will give the show its own soul, but still in line with the feel and tone of the books. I can’t say for certain, but my instincts say the fanbase will in general respond to them positively. There are a few I offered suggestions on, and we’ll see.

I can’t say too much, not just because of NDAs, but also because the show is very much still in flux as Rafe makes decisions on how he wants things to go. As the alterations go, I’d say they fall in line with positive changes made in bringing LOTR to the big screen–things that were altered in order to make the films work for the medium.

Overall, the thing I’m most impressed with is Rafe himself, who really seems to be guiding this show with a balance between love for the source material and his own creative vision. I’d much rather get this, personally, than something like the first two Harry Potter films–which felt like someone trying to bring the books to the screen with exact scene-by-scene recreations.
          Full article
          sigpic

Comment

TV adaptation thread:
            https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...sion-(spoilers)
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
            X