X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
    Well...

Spoiler:
    Does it really matter? Everything Mat does is awesome.
    Well.. I'm nto saying its a completely boring plot... its just getting old with nothing new happening

Spoiler:
    And I agree.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Odin's eyes View Post
      This thread just made me sad.
      Don't write the book is great, I don't get to read it until December darn it.

I'm too cheap to buy it online and the local library doesn't get it until the middle of Dec.

Anyway, great to hear people enjoy it. I just hope the Egwene part is decent. Never really liked her character in the later books until Knife of Dreams and hopefully I won't go back to wishing her a horrible death...
      How much are you willing to pay?

Comment

I have come across quite a few members on the forum who are fans of Mr. Jordan's fabulous books and in view of his passing and the lats three parts being written by another writer, I though it would be an appropiate time to start a Wheel of Time thread. My first post on the subject, do you think the book series would make good movies or perhaps a TV mini-series
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Mini-Series, definetely. A movie cannot simply handle the awesomeness in it. The longer the mini-series, the better, I think.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

That was my thinking, it could run for at least two or three years minimum. I'd love to see how it would be handled

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
              That was my thinking, it could run for at least two or three years minimum. I'd love to see how it would be handled
              Okay.. that might cover Eye of the World...
              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
              ---
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                Okay.. that might cover Eye of the World...
                Yep that might about do book one, so um say two years per book, wow, what a great run they would have

I think Sam Worthington would be a great Rand, and I'd love to see someone really good play Nynaeve
                Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 10 January 2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I seem to recall reading something last year about the 1st book being planned to be turned into a movie. But for the life of me I can't remember where I read it or what film studio it was that was planning it. I hate myself for not remembering something I read a year ago.
                  Then again... there's this whole mini-depression going on so I'm sure alot of things that's planned never happen...
                  Then again... if World of Warcraft can be turned into a movie and the "A song of Ice and Fire" can get a series, the "Wheel of Time" series can certainly be filmed.

I mean... it's not like Hollywood has had even 1 new idea for at least 5 years... Everything is rehashes anyway... (Countless "Insert Title" 2,3,4 and even the supposedly innovative stuff... it's not new!)

Comment

Yes I read that buzz as well in the SCIFI magazine about 6 months ago. Right then we should conduct a poll to see who we would like play the various parts

Comment

Found this on the net guys

Television and film

In a 2000 chat on CNN.com, Robert Jordan mentioned that NBC had purchased an option to do a miniseries of The Eye of the World.[24] But he expressed doubts that the series would be made stating "key people involved in getting that contract together have left NBC."[25]

On 12 August 2008, Variety reported that Universal Pictures had optioned the rights to produce feature film adaptations of The Wheel of Time books. They plan to adapt The Eye of the World as the first film.[26]

Comment

I'm a few chapters into book 4 now. I'm enjoying the series very much. My favorite characters are Lan, Perrin, Nynaeve, Tom and I'm just now coming to appreciate Mat a bit. I like the rest of the main characters fine as well.
                        I'm very intrigued by both the Seanchan and the Aiel.
                        The whole One Power thing is fascinating although its exact nature has yet to be explained fully. What decides who can channel and who can't?

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                          I'm a few chapters into book 4 now. I'm enjoying the series very much. My favorite characters are Lan, Perrin, Nynaeve, Tom and I'm just now coming to appreciate Mat a bit. I like the rest of the main characters fine as well.
                          I'm very intrigued by both the Seanchan and the Aiel.
                          The whole One Power thing is fascinating although its exact nature has yet to be explained fully. What decides who can channel and who can't?
                          Oh boy are you in for a treat, no hints for you here

Comment

No doubt I am. Haven't felt much like reading the last few days so I'm still early on in Book 4.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                              No doubt I am. Haven't felt much like reading the last few days so I'm still early on in Book 4.
                              As you said before about the Seanchan and the Aiel, they will continue to intrigue you, but at times you'll wish Rand would just blow them away as well

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                                As you said before about the Seanchan and the Aiel, they will continue to intrigue you, but at times you'll wish Rand would just blow them away as well
                                agreed!

now I just need to start the series over again...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X