No announcement yet.

Wheel of Time Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gathering Storm is great so far! I'm not finished yet, so I will post back when I am. Warning though; CHECK YOUR BOOK! Mine was missing pages 225-256, and mine wasn't the only book. Believe me, you don't want to find that out while you're reading!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
      The Gathering Storm is great so far! I'm not finished yet, so I will post back when I am. Warning though; CHECK YOUR BOOK! Mine was missing pages 225-256, and mine wasn't the only book. Believe me, you don't want to find that out while you're reading!
      It's the same on every copy. You have to pay Tor so they can send you the missing pages Look at the bright side though, until you get those pages you'll be able to finish the book that much quicker.

Comment

Lol, no not every copy. There are quite a few copies like that though. I returned mine and finished a couple days ago. I LOVED it. We finally got to see some of Min's viewings and Egwene's dreams we've been waiting for come about. Brandon did a great job with this book. It reads like a WOT book, but Jordan's style wasn't completely copied. I did feel some parts with one character were kind of off though. Everybody will probably have a different view on that.
        sigpic

Comment

I. Loved. This. Book!!!

Also, it's now #1 on the NYT, kicking Dan Brown out of the spot!!! W00T!
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I'm about 160 pages into KoD.... almost to GS!
            Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
            ---
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
              I'm about 160 pages into KoD.... almost to GS!
              Oh, for crying out loud, hurry up!!!
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                Oh, for crying out loud, hurry up!!!
                I dont have time to read anymore! And when I do have time I havce this stupid loud kid who is bent on not letting me read while he is around.
                Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

I dont have time to read anymore! And when I do have time I havce this stupid loud kid who is bent on not letting me read while he is around.
                  Kick him!

sigpic

Comment

You and me both. Minus the kid. Insert massive amounts of schoolwork for me.

Comment

I hear ya! I have two here. I mostly stayed up all night reading and was a zombie for a couple days, but it was so worth it. Also, I have the audiobook and I listened to it while working or driving.
                      sigpic

Comment

Made it to page 200 (of Knife of Dreams) The annoying kid was absent today so I had an hour of relative silence.
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

This thread just made me sad.
                          Don't write the book is great, I don't get to read it until December darn it.

I'm too cheap to buy it online and the local library doesn't get it until the middle of Dec.

Anyway, great to hear people enjoy it. I just hope the Egwene part is decent. Never really liked her character in the later books until Knife of Dreams and hopefully I won't go back to wishing her a horrible death...

Comment

Originally posted by Odin's eyes View Post
                            This thread just made me sad.
                            Don't write the book is great, I don't get to read it until December darn it.

I'm too cheap to buy it online and the local library doesn't get it until the middle of Dec.

Anyway, great to hear people enjoy it. I just hope the Egwene part is decent. Never really liked her character in the later books until Knife of Dreams and hopefully I won't go back to wishing her a horrible death...
                            No, IMO Egwene's parts were some of the most enjoyable plot lines. She really showed her strength in this book. In fact I think her parts absolutely rocked! I was becoming more of an Egwene fan after KoD, but after TGS I am a fangirl.
                            sigpic

Comment

On the subject of boring plots..
                              Spoiler:
                              Does Mat get to do anything but mess with Tuon? (Last half or KoD or TGS?)
                              ---
                              sigpic

Comment

On the subject of boring plots..
                                Spoiler:
                                Does Mat get to do anything but mess with Tuon? (Last half or KoD or TGS?)
                                Well...

Spoiler:
                                Does it really matter? Everything Mat does is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X