This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler tag over used?

As a relatively new person to these forums I must say that people really go a little crazy wuith the "spoiler" tag.
    I realize it's to get you to look at their post but it's a bit much.
    No disrespect intended

http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...q_spoilerspace
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I like the use of spoiler tags, and would rather someone be cautious.
      sigpic

Comment

If anything the spoiler tag isn't used enough. How may times have I been spoiled by a show because a person doesn't use the spoiler tag?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

i agree with PA, they are also usefull when posting pics over 700px wide, as to avoid page stretching.
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

I do see instances where it seems a bit silly for people to be using tags (discussing spoilers within the official ep discussion thread, for instance) but I prefer overcaution to unthinking stupidity and as AvatarIII said, sometimes it's more about conserving space than hiding stuff that's actually a spoiler, and I appreciate that, too.

Comment

spoiler tags are useful for a lot of things, yes, they are used frequently, but the reason they are there is to give the poster viewing it a choice weather or not to view its contents. i admit some people do misuse spoiler tags but these people are frankly silly to do so.

spoiler tags are there, as always, to protect those that wish to be protected.
              sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Working...
              X