BaseShips ? SPOILERS FOR PILOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BaseShips ? SPOILERS FOR PILOT

after watching the Pilot It made me wonder how the Cylons got created. rebelled. Created their Raiders, Baseships and had a war. That was over in 18 years...

then I realised the similarity between pre-cylon war caprican tech, and the Baseships

could it be that the cylons will rebel and take the colonials baseships.

and in turn the colonials will be left with battlestars ?

I love caprica. There are soo many references to the future : )

I am guesting either they get help from the one god rebels to build the ships in secret or they are given control of the vessels as part of the role out of the new weapon systems for the caprica defence forces and well the cylon go along with the plan to gain control of the vessels and then move onto to start war against the caprica humans.

I reckon it will be the other colonies which will force the cylons into a temporary retreat to enable caprica to assemble a defence force of twelve ships to fight the cylons, like in the original series where they had only 12 vessels one from each colony or something like that.

What ever happens this is the bit that most interest me, hopfully they will move on rapidly to explain these things and pre war build up and then the full scale war up to the point of the five arrival. Hopefully once ron moor leaves the writing room, this will happen.
    Last edited by knowles2; 23 April 2009, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I always thought that once the cylons came online and were used for war, that the Colonials created the baseships and raiders and crewed them full of cylons. Then, when the cylons rebel, they use the colonial's own baseships against them, and the Colonials go 'oh ****e - we got litte/no ships' (because the baseships were the colonial's warships) and they go 'we need to make something to counter the baseships - i know, here's the designs for a battlestar', and well, you can guess the rest from there.

Comment

considering the design of a centurion, it makes sense to think they'd be used for war and not labour. Maybe "Zoe" is the Caprica version of Skynet...minus the simultaneous nuke launch

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
          considering the design of a centurion, it makes sense to think they'd be used for war and not labour. Maybe "Zoe" is the Caprica version of Skynet...minus the simultaneous nuke launch
          or perhaps including a simultaneous launch but her farther terminates her before she is able to proceed. So they resort to capturing the vessels and do the slaughtering the old fashion face to face way.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            or perhaps including a simultaneous launch but her farther terminates her before she is able to proceed. So they resort to capturing the vessels and do the slaughtering the old fashion face to face way.
            We'll find out eventually. And I look forward to it.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              What ever happens this is the bit that most interest me, hopfully they will move on rapidly to explain these things and pre war build up and then the full scale war up to the point of the five arrival. Hopefully once ron moor leaves the writing room, this will happen.
              Thanks but no thanks. I don't want and need that. BSG was basically a war series and I doubt that Caprica will go into the same direction. That would ba a re-hash of the same ideas they have already used for BSG. Hopefully the series will be about the time before the first war starts and why it started in the first place.

I hope this series will be a quiet series - maybe a bit like "Six Feet" Under". Caprica after all is supposed to revolve around the Greystones and Adamas and I wouldn't mind seeing Daniels fall from grace. I could even imagine him going insane. I am also intriguided how the society of the one god will play into the whole thing.

Instead of yet another war series (SCC and BSG covered that) I'd rather have a series that will explore questions like human mortality on a more intimate level.
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                Thanks but no thanks. I don't want and need that. BSG was basically a war series and I doubt that Caprica will go into the same direction. That would ba a re-hash of the same ideas they have already used for BSG. Hopefully the series will be about the time before the first war starts and why it started in the first place.

I hope this series will be a quiet series - maybe a bit like "Six Feet" Under".
                The series got lead somewhere it got to have a begining middle and end to the story. The begining was shown in the pilot, the middle will be a mixture of the rise of the one god wackos and the deployment and growing use of cylons and watching Adarma slowly fall under falll controle of the Mafia and of the one true god wackos who he sympathise with, only to eventually have both betray him, the wackos using cylons to gain power and Mafia what ever they up to, with both ending up betraying him in some form. The ending has got to be the war shown in full glory or is there a other ending you would like to see. I be disappointed if was just seeing kid Adarma sign up duty, that would be worst ending than BSG had.

Caprica after all is supposed to revolve around the Greystones and Adamas and I wouldn't mind seeing Daniels fall from grace. I could even imagine him going insane.
                Now that rehashing plots from BSG how sad. A new series and you cannot think on anything other than a repeat of Baltar character but without the fracking of pretty ladies at every opportunity.
                I am also intriguided how the society of the one god will play into the whole thing.
                This one area that interest me and could be an interest part the whole story. How they going to use the Madrassas and kids as suicide bombers will be fascinating. But that depends on how far they take and how much they will show of the indoctrination of the kids.

Instead of yet another war series (SCC and BSG covered that) I'd rather have a series that will explore questions like human mortality on a more intimate level.
                [/QUOTE]

I do not consider BSG or SGC a proper war series. We have not had one of those since Space above and Beyound and DS9 and Babylon 5 which both war series, SAB through out it entire life and DS9 during the last three seasons. We went behind scenes and saw large scales battles and heard about enormous loses being taken and saw mass fleet actions.

BSG was more drama and how fast they could run . SG1 and SGA was about exploration of the universe.
                Last edited by knowles2; 27 April 2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X