No announcement yet.

Caprica - Pilot (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching the TV version of the pilot now.... I miss the nudity, but the updated vfx of the city look absolutely wonderful.

I wonder: come the season 1 DVD release, will it include the original version, the TV version, or both?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

honestly....it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I was a little disappointed...I think mostly because I was confused for the first whole hour. Don't get me wrong, there are a few things about it that I liked...like Zoe unknowably making it possible for the future "skinjobs", and seeing the creation of the first cylon.

But, I don't think the actors are as strong as I was hoping. I feel like I've seen it all already. That I was expecting all this to happen. I wasn't surprised as I usually was whenever I watched BSG.

That was what I loved about BSG...even down to the end, it always surprised you. You knew these characters like the back of your hand, but they made choices that still surprised you, that you didn't see coming. I didn't get that watching Caprica. It was all very predictable for me. And I was a little disappointed.

I know I should give the series more time to win me over, but all BSG needed was the first hour, and I was hooked. I'm not hooked on Caprica yet, if ever, because these characters were very predictable to me.

I'm not amazed by it yet. In fact, the only thing that really got me excited was seeing Will Adama the first time. LOL...little dorky to get excited over, but I did.
      Far from home
      A man searches for hope.
      Far from home, he finds it.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I'm watching the TV version of the pilot now.... I miss the nudity, but the updated vfx of the city look absolutely wonderful.

I wonder: come the season 1 DVD release, will it include the original version, the TV version, or both?
        lol at the nudlty comment.

and i'm sure the dvd will have the unedited version.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

To be honest, I saw the pilot with no spoilers...I struggled through parts of it, the plot seemed slow, but the end has me interested. My disappointment is that was under the impression that this would feature the start of the first war, not what...4 years before.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Very interesting.

1. Most of the STO people we saw were not...well it's a TV show, we can use the term "evil"(particularly as I'm tired). Ben was and arguably the nun was for backing him, doubly so given that Zoe and the others didn't have a clue what was going on.

However there is no justification for the attack on that train. Ben was the colonies equivilent of a jihadi, no questions asked.

2. Definately liked the technology - and that Zoe managed to create a virtual persona.

3. Graystone was an idiot and so was his wife to a lesser extent. I can forgive stupidity as long as the person later recognises it though.

4. Joe Adama, lawyer for the Tauran mob! Not what I expected. Interesting that while Zoe was comfortable with her status as a virtual persona, Adama's daughter was anything but and 'that's' what freaked Joe out!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
              Very interesting.

1. Most of the STO people we saw were not...well it's a TV show, we can use the term "evil"(particularly as I'm tired). Ben was and arguably the nun was for backing him, doubly so given that Zoe and the others didn't have a clue what was going on.

However there is no justification for the attack on that train. Ben was the colonies equivilent of a jihadi, no questions asked.

2. Definately liked the technology - and that Zoe managed to create a virtual persona.

3. Graystone was an idiot and so was his wife to a lesser extent. I can forgive stupidity as long as the person later recognises it though.

4. Joe Adama, lawyer for the Tauran mob! Not what I expected. Interesting that while Zoe was comfortable with her status as a virtual persona, Adama's daughter was anything but and 'that's' what freaked Joe out!
              It is not the flesh and blood Zoe but the virtual one, she is used to it. So it makes sense she doesn't freak out but Adama's daughter does. Adama's daughter reminded me of cylons downloading after a traumatic death.
              sigpic

Comment

I caught the pilot yesterday by pure chance. I hadn't intended to watch it to be honest because I stopped watching BSG at Season 4.

I hadn't read anything about it at all and was surprised to see it set in a world which seemed very earth like, ordinary even. That made it even more interesting when the advanced tech was revealed. I liked it. I look forward to the next ep.
                sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know what the foriegn language spoken was, or was it just one made up for the show?
                  sigpic

Comment

Probably some made up Spanish-Italian hybrid!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Modified version of Ancient Greek.

Comment

I just bought the DVD for 5$ and I have already seen the TV version. Interesting to read that there are edits and what not. So I'm looking forward to watching it. Alessandra is a cool person. We talked yesterday so that was cool and made go out and buy the DVD.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

the pilot is the only good ep imo
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yesterday i have started to watch Caprica and i knew that's only one season. So i have not much hope to get a got serie. After watching 3 episodes i like it. It's the same camera view like in battlestar and to see the beginning of cylons is very exciting to watch.
                            I love religion stuff and so, its always make sense to watch battlestar and co

Comment

Working...
                            X