The Broca Divide (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'tis nice to be here!

And another ep I'm reminded that I didn't like when I first saw it, but on reflection it's quite a goodie.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

i know that the science of this ep. is a bit stupid, having the temperatures all whacked up as someone explained earlier in this thread but has anyone noticed that there's trees growing in complete darkness? they shouldn't do that...
      "It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it," said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse."

Comment

But... but... They were alien trees! Yeah, that's it. Expalins everything.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

But the trees are what make it dark are they not? Anyway, this probably wasn’t the effect they were going for but I thought Jack looks and acted hilarious when he had the disease, and the Sam/Jack changing room scene was cooool.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            Maybe he tweezed?
            Stranger things have happened. Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
              It seems that this is the episode where Daniel also starts making Jack's quote come true. Don't remember the quote exactly but it was something about having a girl on every planet. After this it seems to me that he does most of the time.
              Intergalactic womanizer. Curse him!

hee hee hee...

Comment

Good episode all around. Warning, LOADS OF SPOILERS for related ep.

What was good:

a. Janet. Another girl! Go her! I also found the "Mr. Teal'c" business hilarious. That being said, I am glad that they didn't keep that as a running thing--it would've gotten tiresome awfully fast.

b. The infamous locker room scene. That was funny! Although I've found out that parental units have an annoying tendancy to freak out if they walk in on you watching this ep...and happen to walk in on that one scene. Talk about impressive fireworks...ouch. That took explaining. Anyway, the scene was funny--and confirmed me shipper suspicions! (which is of course the main thing ).

c. Jack beating the crap out of Daniel, and of course the "she tried to seduce me"/"you poor man" dialogue.

d. "Lucy! I'm home!" 'Nuff said.

e. "Daniel, you dog!" See above.

f. The "black tank top" comment. Can you say, priceless?

What was bad:

a. I don't buy that "it's how early man reproduced so we can't interfere" thing with Melocia. It seemed awfully crass for Mr. Catches the Girl Who Was Going to Jump Off a Cliff And Gets the Whole Team Captured (aka Danny in "Need"). Look, it bugged me.

b. Tuplo. He drove me NUTS.

Umm...drawing a blank here.

And that's it.

Comment

Great ep!

Love the jumping scene and everyone going nuts, but one word

MONOBROW!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

That was a really funny ep. Just watching everyone go very slightly weird, with intresting results. I watched it with my sister, and she couldn't understand why i found the locker room part THAT funny! Maybe someday, she will learn.
                    AKA Rhin Ariel...or something along those lines.

This sig is extremely dangerous and highly volatile. It may explode at any moment. The only way to keep it under control is to click the following links. Thank you.

My LJ
                    My Fanfic LJ
                    My stories on FF.net

Comment

This wasn't their greatest episode, but it was very good. My sister and I can't help but burst out laughing at one certain scene. You know when they're trying to give the sedative to Jack, and he's screaming? Well, that last little one always makes us crack up.

We also just love the decor on the light side of the planet's palace.
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I rather love the look on Janet's face as she's trying to explain the condition to de-evolved Jack. He's got that same look on his face that he gives Carter most of the time

Comment

i thought this episode was pretty good the bit i liked most was when jack said to de-evolved dainel

'Daniel, you dog, you keep this up you'll have a girl on every planet.'

hasn't changed a bit has he???lol

Comment

I believe this is the first episode that DJ carried a michine gun. You can tell me if I am wrong.

Comment

No, you're right. This was what, the fourth episode or something? I don't think he had the chance to use a machine gun before this.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                                No, you're right. This was what, the fourth episode or something? I don't think he had the chance to use a machine gun before this.
                                It was and I think he was carrying it in this and did not fire it.

Comment

Working...
                                X