No announcement yet.

The Broca Divide (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this episode as it introduced Janet to SG1. I loved her in this episode. It was a great storyline to introduce her to the show in and she was adorable. It's strange watching it now and seeing how fresh faced she was. She was so eager to do her job well and was totally perfect. Its amazing watching her from the start and realizing just how much the character had grown before her lst episode. My favourite scene was the scene she had with O'Neill when he was changed and telling her to use him to find out what was going on. I thought that was so well acted between Teryl and Richard and I've loved Janet ever since this episode. Janet we miss you!

Comment

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.
      I really liked this episode, and I found it very interesting Some great lines in there. The only thing that annoyed me was the clothes that the people wore on the planet. I don't know why it annoyed me but it just did! lol. It just looked kind of....cheap. Great ep though!
      Oh, yeah. The first season or two, every now and then the sets and costumes are incredibly cheesy for an episode. (As a costume person, I notice things like that.) For another example of cheesy costumes, check out Emancipation, Cor-Ai, and The Tok'ra (parts one and two).
      My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
      -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
      -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
      -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by whisper99
        Sam coming onto Jack (notice how he answered her question - 'not like this?' Was this the beginings of the ship?)
        IIRC this is discussed in one of the commentaries--from the writer's perspective, the beginnings of the ship was when they watched the final cut of "Into the Fire" (the s3 premiere). All the way through they were going "wow, it looks like the two of them have really strong feelings for each other. I wonder what we can do with it?" Everything before that, to them, had been just friendly banter/needs of the story. They saw the attack in Broca divide purely as a case of an infected woman going after the alpha male. The fact that Carter and O'Neill were engaged in "There but for the grace of god" was simply there for shock value and to drive home how different this other universe was. That's what the writer's thought; I'd say they were in denial.
        My LiveJournal.

-Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Random
          i know that the science of this ep. is a bit stupid, having the temperatures all whacked up as someone explained earlier in this thread but has anyone noticed that there's trees growing in complete darkness? they shouldn't do that...

Maybe they are cousins to the trees in The First Commandment which can grow in extreme sun light. Well maybe opposites would explain that better.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
            IIRC this is discussed in one of the commentaries--from the writer's perspective, the beginnings of the ship was when they watched the final cut of "Into the Fire" (the s3 premiere). All the way through they were going "wow, it looks like the two of them have really strong feelings for each other.
            Can anyone confirm which commentary please? my memory gets bogged down with all the camera/vis effects bumpf that clogs up the majority of the comms.

ta

Jo
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by whisper99
              Sam coming onto Jack (notice how he answered her question - 'not like this?' Was this the beginings of the ship?)
              what is also interesting is that although Jack is pushing her away, aware that she's not herself, once he has her pinned to the floor -- "you need to see a doctor, DOCTOR", he kisses her neck quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by gone_fishin'
                what is also interesting is that although Jack is pushing her away, aware that she's not herself, once he has her pinned to the floor -- "you need to see a doctor, DOCTOR", he kisses her neck quickly.
                I don't think he does; I've watched it frame by frame to see exactly what happens and it's not a kiss. What happens is that he's trying to get himself into a position from which he can pull himself and her up together, without losing his grip on her. It's an awkward situation, particularly as he can't use his hands to balance himself because they're occupied keeping Carter pinned. In the process of trying to scootch himself into a position with better leverage, he dips his head forward and down to a position where it looks like he's kissing her neck.
                My LiveJournal.

-Frank A. Clark

-Michel de Saint-Pierre

Comment

Just a quick question, apologies if its been asked, but I thort Daniel was immune? How come he became infected at the end??
                  Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

As long as he was taking his allergy medicine he was immune. He would have run out of it on the planet, making him vulnerable.

Comment

I love this episdoe so much, it's a really good episode. And also- i know maynyof you will be roling your eyes- but it was the first indication of sexual tention between Sam and Jack i.e
                      Sam- Don't you want me
                      Jack- Not like this
                      Yeah, i loved Sam jumpin him in the locker room cus he was half naked and stuff!lol. It was a really good idea for the episode too,

Comment

I liked this episode because it was a good introduction to Janet, and also for the little touches of Stargate-humour (has anyone else noticed stargate seems to have its own brand of humour, which no other shows quite manage to replicate?).

When they came into the hall:
                        Jack: (dryly) Love what they've done with the place
                        Sam: I was going to do my living room like this, but... it didn't go with my other stuff.
                        Daniel: Looks Minoan.
                        Daniel's seriousness cracks me up everytime.

The gateroom scene with Daniel and Jack was definately a gem.

Also someone mentioned Jack saying to teal'c "Lucy i'm home." and teal'c's reply "I am not lucy". I thought the next bit was even funnier - Jack says "Let me out, i'm back to being myself", and Teal'c replies "I cannot be certain you are back to being yourself. You referred to me as lucy." ROFL!

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

I watched this episode last night, and I was thinking, its got one of the coolest non special effects shot in the series. When they look up at the briefing room window from the floor of the gateroom and those two guys smash through it.

I dunno...I think it just looks so cool! It reminded me of when I frst started watching Stargate last year, how cool I thought it was. (That was great, I had like as many new episodes as I could watch each day...7ish seasons of unwatched episodes...)

Does anyone else think that shot was awesome?
                          FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                            Does anyone else think that shot was awesome?
                            Yes definately. Although my personal season 1 favourite (so far) was in fire and water...
                            Spoiler:
                            when jack smashed the window of hammond's car with the hockey stick. I've got a screen capture of glass flying everywhere...

hmmm... why can't i put an image in spoiler tags? Most people have seen season 1 anyway so i suppose it doesn't matter too much.

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

You dont need spoiler tags for stuff in syndication. So stuff from S1-S6.
                              I love that part too.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                                You dont need spoiler tags for stuff in syndication. So stuff from S1-S6.
                                I love that part too.
                                I am sorry you are wrong. You still need spoiler tags for stuff in syndication, which is S7. S1-6 you do not need tags.

Comment

Working...
                                X