The Broca Divide (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britta View Post
    That's debatable. They were certainly behaving like animals. Just because they were human shaped doesn't mean they were thinking like people.
    They are human still, underneath the diseased part they were still human. Their behavior was that of primitive humans - but humans all the same.

However, I will give that mating rituals among prehistoric humans were probably of a rougher nature than the courting modern humans are used to.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      They are human still, underneath the diseased part they were still human. Their behavior was that of primitive humans - but humans all the same.

However, I will give that mating rituals among prehistoric humans were probably of a rougher nature than the courting modern humans are used to.
      That's my point. What we consider fundamental humanity isn't necessarily all that fundamental. They may technically be human, but where morality is concerned...

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
        That's my point. What we consider fundamental humanity isn't necessarily all that fundamental. They may technically be human, but where morality is concerned...
        There are still people today who act worse than the people in this ep... and they know about morality.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
          There are still people today who act worse than the people in this ep... and they know about morality.
          Indeed. They can reasonably be expected to know better. Failing that, or should they choose to disregard that, at least they can get to know what the inside of a prison cell is like...

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Are we to believe that Jack was the first person Sam got to when the virus took her over? Or could she have potentially banged every male she came across on her way to the locker room?

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
              Are we to believe that Jack was the first person Sam got to when the virus took her over? Or could she have potentially banged every male she came across on her way to the locker room?
              I was always under the impression that she was looking specifically for Jack.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

She was specifically looking for the Alpha male and that would be Jack, as lead of the team and commanding officer in charge.

And why are all your questions so sexually charged? Where's that fascination coming from?

Comment

Creatures in the wild always look for the strongest male with the best genes - just like Frasier said: O'Neill should be flattered.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                    Creatures in the wild always look for the strongest male with the best genes - just like Frasier said: O'Neill should be flattered.
                    One of the best lines in that episode.

Comment

Not to forget his answer: I'm honoured. Great!
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

I'm partial the Lucy exchange between O'Neil and Jack
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I'm partial the Lucy exchange between O'Neil and Jack
                          O'Neill and Teal'c, you mean.

"I'm not Lucy."

Comment

Seemed like a pretty weak plot point having the MALP not equipped with night vision cameras

Comment

Originally posted by hammerbutt View Post
                              Seemed like a pretty weak plot point having the MALP not equipped with night vision cameras
                              They have infrared later on in the series. It's more than likely that at the start the MALPs were a bit limited just simply because they needed them in a hurry and they were all constructed by the lowest bidder. After all, every time you send a MALP out there's a chance you won't get it back since you have to send a team back to retrieve it. If the MALP data reveals the planet not to be safe then it's gone. It's a lot of money to potentially waste.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'll be dropping my review later but in the meantime enjoy the 3-part quiz and the jigsaw puzzle:

A 3-part quiz covering all three episodes of the week (102, 103 and 104).
                                The jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Working...
                                X