Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Broca Divide (104)

Quote Originally Posted by whisper99
    Sam coming onto Jack (notice how he answered her question - 'not like this?' Was this the beginings of the ship?)
    what is also interesting is that although Jack is pushing her away, aware that she's not herself, once he has her pinned to the floor -- "you need to see a doctor, DOCTOR", he kisses her neck quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by gone_fishin'
    what is also interesting is that although Jack is pushing her away, aware that she's not herself, once he has her pinned to the floor -- "you need to see a doctor, DOCTOR", he kisses her neck quickly.
    I don't think he does; I've watched it frame by frame to see exactly what happens and it's not a kiss. What happens is that he's trying to get himself into a position from which he can pull himself and her up together, without losing his grip on her. It's an awkward situation, particularly as he can't use his hands to balance himself because they're occupied keeping Carter pinned. In the process of trying to scootch himself into a position with better leverage, he dips his head forward and down to a position where it looks like he's kissing her neck.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Chief Master Sergeant OrangeShipper's Avatar

Just a quick question, apologies if its been asked, but I thort Daniel was immune? How come he became infected at the end??

As long as he was taking his allergy medicine he was immune. He would have run out of it on the planet, making him vulnerable.

I love this episdoe so much, it's a really good episode. And also- i know maynyof you will be roling your eyes- but it was the first indication of sexual tention between Sam and Jack i.e
    Sam- Don't you want me
    Jack- Not like this
    Yeah, i loved Sam jumpin him in the locker room cus he was half naked and stuff!lol. It was a really good idea for the episode too,

I liked this episode because it was a good introduction to Janet, and also for the little touches of Stargate-humour (has anyone else noticed stargate seems to have its own brand of humour, which no other shows quite manage to replicate?).

When they came into the hall:
    Jack: (dryly) Love what they've done with the place
    Sam: I was going to do my living room like this, but... it didn't go with my other stuff.
    Daniel: Looks Minoan.
    Daniel's seriousness cracks me up everytime.

The gateroom scene with Daniel and Jack was definately a gem.

Also someone mentioned Jack saying to teal'c "Lucy i'm home." and teal'c's reply "I am not lucy". I thought the next bit was even funnier - Jack says "Let me out, i'm back to being myself", and Teal'c replies "I cannot be certain you are back to being yourself. You referred to me as lucy." ROFL!

Chief Master Sergeant Im_just_guessing's Avatar

I watched this episode last night, and I was thinking, its got one of the coolest non special effects shot in the series. When they look up at the briefing room window from the floor of the gateroom and those two guys smash through it.

I dunno...I think it just looks so cool! It reminded me of when I frst started watching Stargate last year, how cool I thought it was. (That was great, I had like as many new episodes as I could watch each day...7ish seasons of unwatched episodes...)

Does anyone else think that shot was awesome?
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...AJ/sg_war1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Im_just_guessing
    Does anyone else think that shot was awesome?
    Yes definately. Although my personal season 1 favourite (so far) was in fire and water...
    Spoiler:
    when jack smashed the window of hammond's car with the hockey stick. I've got a screen capture of glass flying everywhere...

hmmm... why can't i put an image in spoiler tags? Most people have seen season 1 anyway so i suppose it doesn't matter too much.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...-water-sig.jpg

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

You dont need spoiler tags for stuff in syndication. So stuff from S1-S6.
    I love that part too.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartFox
    You dont need spoiler tags for stuff in syndication. So stuff from S1-S6.
    I love that part too.
    I am sorry you are wrong. You still need spoiler tags for stuff in syndication, which is S7. S1-6 you do not need tags.

Chief Master Sergeant OrangeShipper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whisper99
    Sam coming onto Jack (notice how he answered her question - 'not like this?' Was this the beginings of the ship?)
    IMO the beginnings of ship was the very first episode, to a certain extent! Just some of the looks exchanged in the briefing room.. Then in Emancipation the HUUGE grin on Jacks face when Sam wore "the dress", and little things like that...

What I don't get is the fact that "There's no light for the MALP to see anything," but when SG-1 and 3 come through, you can see okay
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Quote Originally Posted by PugGate
    What I don't get is the fact that "There's no light for the MALP to see anything," but when SG-1 and 3 come through, you can see okay
    Yea i noticed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by greytop
    I am sorry you are wrong. You still need spoiler tags for stuff in syndication, which is S7. S1-6 you do not need tags.
    Sorry i said that wrong. I did list the right seasons just worded it wrong.

Was Daniel eating raw meat with the rest of the cavemen?
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: The Broca Divide (104)

Quote Originally Posted by PugGate
    How fun would it be watching SG-1 get attacked in complete darkness? From SG-1's point of view, it was probably pitch black, but the producers needed to let us viewers actually view the action there.

And yeah, I think Daniel was eating raw meat with the rest of the "touched".
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

I think the makeup folks did an excellent job on O'Neill. He looked the part of a primitive man quite well. As a shipper, I enjoyed the "you need to see a Doctor, Doctor" part as well!
    -girlgater

Second Lieutenant The Ultimate Obsession's Avatar

I'm a huge jack/sam shippe(among other things) and I didn't see the shows originally in order and I absolutly loved the part where she tried to seduce him. Brilliant!

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Zat Re: The Broca Divide (104)

Quote Originally Posted by girlgater
    I think the makeup folks did an excellent job on O'Neill. He looked the part of a primitive man quite well. As a shipper, I enjoyed the "you need to see a Doctor, Doctor" part as well!
    I've seen this episode about six times (give or take ), but I only caught that part on the last time. I can't believe I missed it--it was hilarious!

Re: The Broca Divide (104)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    And yeah, I think Daniel was eating raw meat with the rest of the "touched".
    Ewww.

The 'Lucy, I'm ho-ome!' bit has become a bit of a joke around my house. To non-SG fans, we no doubt seem a little odd...but hey, it's their fault if they don't watch it!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast