Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: The Broca Divide (104)

The only time he fires it that stands out in my mind, is in "Within the Serpent's Grasp", after the Jaffa hits him, he gets messed up, on the ground, he fires it, and he looks like a Terminator.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Default Re: The Broca Divide (104)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    The only time he fires it that stands out in my mind, is in "Within the Serpent's Grasp", after the Jaffa hits him, he gets messed up, on the ground, he fires it, and he looks like a Terminator.
    He does fire one in S8 so I'm guess he has fired one before but I think he prefers a zat or a hand gun.

This is one of my favorite episodes; unfortunately I have many favorites. Besides being Janet's first episode, I really liked the interaction between her and Jack and her and Teal'c.

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Thumbs down Re: The Broca Divide (104)

Quote Originally Posted by DownFallAngel
    You went out and bought all of the season on the same night!?
    I've always wanted to do that, but noooo, I have to wait for CHRISTMAS. Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by greytop
    He does fire one in S8 so I'm guess he has fired one before but I think he prefers a zat or a hand gun.
    He'd have to have fired one before, wouldn't he? I can't imagine Jack letting everyone's favorite geek go out into the field without having been given a stable grounding in most firearms. I'd guess that Daniel's spent some time on the range at some time or another.

I liked this episode but there is another science error made which no one else notice here. If the "virus" "fed" on histamine as Frasier said then antihistamines would not be protective or curative. The antihistamine that is used (chlorpheniramine), as all antihistamines, blocks the receptor for histamine without decreasing blood levels of histamine. Maybe they should have said the virus gained access to cells through the histamine receptor. What can I say, I am a biology geek with allergies. 8o)

Quote Originally Posted by Accumbens
    I liked this episode but there is another science error made which no one else notice here. If the "virus" "fed" on histamine as Frasier said then antihistamines would not be protective or curative. The antihistamine that is used (chlorpheniramine), as all antihistamines, blocks the receptor for histamine without decreasing blood levels of histamine. Maybe they should have said the virus gained access to cells through the histamine receptor. What can I say, I am a biology geek with allergies. 8o)
    Well, it is science FICTION, but still...

It cracked me up that a common antihistamine was all they needed. Never thought about how they actually work, though. Interesting.

O'Neill: LUCY I'm home
    Teal'c:My name is not LUCY
    love that scene

I saw the episode again yesterday.Carter 'Don't you want me? against Jack.And than Jack was giving everything he got to beat Daniel up
    and than

Daniel you dog,you got a girlfriend on every planet great
    Lord Zedd

I really liked this episode, and I found it very interesting Some great lines in there. The only thing that annoyed me was the clothes that the people wore on the planet. I don't know why it annoyed me but it just did! lol. It just looked kind of....cheap. Great ep though!

...and I'm someone with allergies.....I get what you're saying (I did a-level chemistry at school), but when watching the episode I just thought "Cool, *I* wouldn't get it!"
    http://www.alexandra-velten.net/pix/iskandrasig.jpg
    Thanks to bling for the great sig!
    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
    ~CELLO!~
    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

relaxing on a certain dock near a certain cabin...

Quote Originally Posted by Roatbaum
    This was my first favorite. It was Daniel cute when Jack said that Carter tried to seduce him and Daniel said 'you poor man' It was one of the first Jack and Daniel moments.
    I don't know if it was my favorite, but it was really interesting . That fight scene between Daniel and Jack in the control room was a hoot. Daniel playing straight guy & Jack taking offense to everything Daniel said... with Jack finally saying "I'm talking about Samantha, you just stay away from her, okay?" and proceeding to try to beat the stuffing out of Danny!
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Chief Master Sergeant whisper99's Avatar

Just saw this ep today (x-mas present was S1, S2 & S3 DVD Set - hurray for me!) Anyway, I was wondering how come poor Daniel's pants are all tore up and he only has one little tear on his shirt. What were those de-evolved people trying to do I wonder? Hehehe

It was a great episode My favorites are:

Sam coming onto Jack (notice how he answered her question - 'not like this?' Was this the beginings of the ship?)
    Jack & Daniel - 'You poor man' and of course Jack beating on poor Daniel
    Teal'c - His apology to Jack for losing Daniel - that was great. The poor guy had some serious guilt.
    Daniel - Is this the first time Daniel has woken up, saying 'Jack?' How many times has that happened, I wonder. I know it's used a ton of times in fics.

Heart Re: The Broca Divide (104)

Quote Originally Posted by whisper99

It was a great episode My favorites are:

Sam coming onto Jack (notice how he answered her question - 'not like this?' Was this the beginings of the ship?)
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    The eyebrows were gigantic. Espically Hammond's
    wern't there little curls on the ends of the eyebrows i thoght that was weird!!

I loved this episode as it introduced Janet to SG1. I loved her in this episode. It was a great storyline to introduce her to the show in and she was adorable. It's strange watching it now and seeing how fresh faced she was. She was so eager to do her job well and was totally perfect. Its amazing watching her from the start and realizing just how much the character had grown before her lst episode. My favourite scene was the scene she had with O'Neill when he was changed and telling her to use him to find out what was going on. I thought that was so well acted between Teryl and Richard and I've loved Janet ever since this episode. Janet we miss you!

Quote Originally Posted by .:Lemon:.
    I really liked this episode, and I found it very interesting Some great lines in there. The only thing that annoyed me was the clothes that the people wore on the planet. I don't know why it annoyed me but it just did! lol. It just looked kind of....cheap. Great ep though!
    Oh, yeah. The first season or two, every now and then the sets and costumes are incredibly cheesy for an episode. (As a costume person, I notice things like that.) For another example of cheesy costumes, check out Emancipation, Cor-Ai, and The Tok'ra (parts one and two).
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Quote Originally Posted by whisper99
    IIRC this is discussed in one of the commentaries--from the writer's perspective, the beginnings of the ship was when they watched the final cut of "Into the Fire" (the s3 premiere). All the way through they were going "wow, it looks like the two of them have really strong feelings for each other. I wonder what we can do with it?" Everything before that, to them, had been just friendly banter/needs of the story. They saw the attack in Broca divide purely as a case of an infected woman going after the alpha male. The fact that Carter and O'Neill were engaged in "There but for the grace of god" was simply there for shock value and to drive home how different this other universe was. That's what the writer's thought; I'd say they were in denial.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Quote Originally Posted by Random
    i know that the science of this ep. is a bit stupid, having the temperatures all whacked up as someone explained earlier in this thread but has anyone noticed that there's trees growing in complete darkness? they shouldn't do that...

Maybe they are cousins to the trees in The First Commandment which can grow in extreme sun light. Well maybe opposites would explain that better.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice
    IIRC this is discussed in one of the commentaries--from the writer's perspective, the beginnings of the ship was when they watched the final cut of "Into the Fire" (the s3 premiere). All the way through they were going "wow, it looks like the two of them have really strong feelings for each other.
    Can anyone confirm which commentary please? my memory gets bogged down with all the camera/vis effects bumpf that clogs up the majority of the comms.

ta

Jo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast