RepliKeller better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RepliKeller better?

I for one liked the replicatorKeller in this episode more than the real Keller.

I think it's a pretty common opinion that RepliKeller was a good character. Maybe even more popular than the original. I don't know; I liked her, and I despise Keller. Most of my lot seemed to like her.

Comment

She was full of information and actually helped her people. Nuff said.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

In the end, she saved the, pardon the pun, replicated team and even sacrificed her seat on the jumper so that there wasn't even a chance Oberoth could track her and get the "other" team killed. If that's not a good character, I don't know what is.

She even had a better personality than the original. There's irony for you; the machine version is more likable than the human one...

Conclusion: If only Keller had proved as self-sacrificing as that Asuran, then we could have had RepliKeller. Superior personality than Keller, smarter than Keller, and add to that her ability to bend, spindle, and otherwise mutilate anyone who gets in her way. Really, how can you top that?

Ah, what might have been... "Keller, we need you to sacrifice yourself for one of us, so we can have the cool Replicator lady. Commence Operation Meatshield!"
        Last edited by Vis Uban; 18 April 2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I think that this just amplifies my belief that any dislike I have of the Keller character is not the fault of Jewel Staite. I loved this character, her gentle explanations to the dupli-team, her self-sacrificing nature, and total conviction of her beliefs. Whoever I want to blame for the inadequacies and annoyances of the Keller character, I can say with absolute confidence because of Repli-Keller, that it wasn't JS.

Comment

See that is what get's me! I despise, loath, hate, can't stand Keller!

I have never had a problem with Staite!! Ever!

I have read where people don't like Hewlett as an actor and That I don't get!

Keller is the worst character (IMO) EVER!!

Repli-keller was awesome!

repli-Rodney still rocked of course!
            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Its a shame the real Keller didnt die somehow and that repliKeller filled her place instead!

Comment

I liked repli!Keller way better than the real one (I loathed her since day one), and IMO she could have been an excellent addition to the expedition.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                  See that is what get's me! I despise, loath, hate, can't stand Keller!

I have never had a problem with Staite!! Ever!

I have read where people don't like Hewlett as an actor and That I don't get!

Keller is the worst character (IMO) EVER!!

Repli-keller was awesome!

repli-Rodney still rocked of course!
                  Yup. In my opinion, the Stargate Atlantis cast is an amazing pool of talent. Probably one of the best... This includes the replacement cast. It just boggles my mind that they somehow wrote, made, characterized, whatever, a character played by Jewel Staite in such a way that I could so dislike. Then, they wrote, made, characterized, whatever a character like Repli-Keller played by the same actress that I liked so much. I would have LOVED for "our" Keller to be replaced unknowingly by Repli-Keller. I think that would have been a truly interesting way to go. It may even have made the McKay/Keller thing a little more interesting. Like a Clark Kent saving Lois Lane with his hidden super powers kinda thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                    I think that this just amplifies my belief that any dislike I have of the Keller character is not the fault of Jewel Staite. I loved this character, her gentle explanations to the dupli-team, her self-sacrificing nature, and total conviction of her beliefs. Whoever I want to blame for the inadequacies and annoyances of the Keller character, I can say with absolute confidence because of Repli-Keller, that it wasn't JS.
                    I wholeheartedly second that.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by wraith queen inga View Post
                      I for one liked the replicatorKeller in this episode more than the real Keller.
                      You're not alone in liking RepliKeller more than the real Keller. In fact, I consider RepliKeller more "real" than Keller because Keller never felt like a real character to me for longer than an episode here or there.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

I thought the Replicator Keller and the human Keller both look the same
                        But I found the Replicator Keller to be more smooth as a character and more 'likable'.

Human Keller has a personality that broadens the spectrum of the cast with her meek, unsure, weak, but determined and principled personality. Everyone else is mostly quite calm and confident in themselves. Keller defines the shows cast limits of naivety, vulnerability, and childlike innocence... often seems 'too much', and incompatible with the shows overall cast and atmosphere.

RepliKeller is more like a combination of Weir and replicator Fran (Ghost in the Machine).

Comment

I think it's impossible to compare them generally: they are different persons, ReplyKeller only "took" Keller's face - we even didn't see her real face... what can we knowabout her? But maybe she os one of those replicators who remeber Aincients personality
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X