This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda Tapping/Carter in SGU!

So we know about RDA/Jack, MS/Daniel and GJ/Walter but now we find out that the queen of stargate will be making her apperance in SGU.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=149

So dose bring in Amanda make you more excited or is this one to many SG1 cast member??

Very excited! Not another one (Not excited at all) or So-so.
    Very excited ?
    64.42%
    Not excited at all ?
    21.35%
    So-so ?
    14.23%

Where's my popcorn?

This shall be hilarious, so says I.

Comment

Sam..hmm Sam oh Sam.. I don't know if it is her character or just her face in general, she gives out this very warm and safe feeling. I like seeing her in the show, it gives it a cozy feeling. I'd love to see more of the previous casts in SGU.. Starting off a series with completely new casts may not be as appealing to older Stargate fans, like myself. Plus, so far, the new faces of the SGU doesn't look very ...promising. Maybe because they're not in uniform? I hope so... I'd had to not have another great Sci Fi serie to watch

Comment

I don't know about 'excited', but I do intend to actually watch the ep AT will be in, and that says a lot.
        sigpic

Comment

So how can they not have Chris Judge in there now? Come on have SG1 send off the new team!

Comment

Very excited! So cool also Sam

Comment

I am so happy!

But we need Teal'c and McKay too. Or maybe later they could make a cross-over with them.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Oh, those sneaky *******s! Well done, Brad & Co. Well done!
                By the 10th episode, the entire crew of the Destiny will be dead, and SG-1 will take their place. SG-1. Season 11! WOO-HOO! YEAH!

Comment

Yikes. I kinda hope they don't overdo it on these crossovers. I like Carter but honestly... I'm kind of sick of the character at this point. A 'cameo' would be cool, but anything beyond that... nahhh.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    I am so happy!

But we need Teal'c and McKay too. Or maybe later they could make a cross-over with them.
                    Yep. We need Teal'c to bust some heads!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                      Oh, those sneaky *******s! Well done, Brad & Co. Well done!
                      By the 10th episode, the entire crew of the Destiny will be dead, and SG-1 will take their place. SG-1. Season 11! WOO-HOO! YEAH!
                      Great, but evil idea.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        Great, but evil idea.
                        Great and evil often go hand-in-hand.

Comment

I love Sam, not at all tired of her yet. But still I think she ( and the other SG-1/SGA characters ) should only be there in the pilot, to sort of give the new series a kick-off. TPTB said SGU was going to be more separate from the other two series, but it seems they're reconsidering that now. Why? Cold feet?

Yes, maybe seeing the old characters in the new series is going to please some fans, but all these new, young viewers they seem to care so much about, probably won't care, and people who ( like me ) don't like the aims they have for the new series ( "young, dark and edgy" ) will perhaps wonder why these characters can't still have their own series, and resent feeling that TPTB are trying to "lure" them into SGU with the help of their old loyalties.

And, to forestall the question that will probably be asked of me: Why, if I don't intend to watch SGU, am I posting here? Because I love Sam and Amanda, that's why. I don't care about SGU, I care about Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            So we know about RDA/Jack, MS/Daniel and GJ/Walter but now we find out that the queen of stargate will be making her apperance in SGU.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=149

So dose bring in Amanda make you more excited or is this one to many SG1 cast member??

Very excited! Not another one (Not excited at all) or So-so.
                            Looking forward to seeing Sam on SGU!

Comment

This is good news they may be going over the top with all these cross overs but its never bad to see sg1 again
                              sigpic
                              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                              Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                              X