Favourite Season of SG-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Season of SG-1

I couldn't find a post for this so i'll start one. What is your favourite season of SG-1. mine is season 7 as i believe it had everything you could want from stargate.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called
    sigpic

I always find it strange how many people call S7 their favorite. Seriously. Tell me exactly why you guys love that season so much. Is it Jack constantly disappearing during important matters? The terrible/boring episodes like Space Race and Grace? I just don't get it. It had great episodes like Lost City and Heroes sure but... there's not much else to love. It's the worst SG-1 season to me. Easily.

Ahem. Sorry about that, but I had to get it off my chest. Anyways...

Season 4 is easily my favorite SG-1 season. I loved pretty much every episode that season. Loved stuff like The Other Side, Upgrades, The Curse and Divide and Conquer. Absolute Power? Dark stuff all around. You also had classics like 2010 and WoO.

One of the best seasons ever for me (out of any show).
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Im not certain that I can name a season that sticks out as so much better than all the others. To me they got better every year. Can someone please tell me what was going on in Michael Shanks life that caused him to leave in season 6?

Comment

For me definitely season 4 was the best SG1 had to offer, but I also feel that season 6 comes a close second.

1.0 Season 4
        2.0 Season 6
        3.0 Season 9
        4.0 Season 7
        5.0 Season 3
        6.0 Season 8
        7.0 Season 5
        8.0 Season 2
        9.0 Season 10
        10.0 Season 1

Comment

I like both season 7 and season 2. Season 7 brought Daniel Jackson back and they finally found some good ancient weapons. Season 2 introduced the Tok'ra and the Asgard, and also gave more insight to what the ancients left behind for humans (the respiratory of knowledge).
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1 Joe View Post
            To me they got better every year. Can someone please tell me what was going on in Michael Shanks life that caused him to leave in season 6?
            At the time, he felt that Daniel was underused and wanted to pursue a movie career.
            sigpic

Comment

Season 4 is the greatest! at their best.
              sigpic
              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

It's got to be S4! There was not bad episode in the whole season - and only one which I was kind of "meh" about. All the other seasons were about the same level of quality for me - with the exception of S7 which IMO was pretty dire - Lost City is the only episode I really enjoyed.

Comment

If i had to pick a favourite season i'd probably pick either season 4 or 7. Season 7 might not be the best season but it had some the best stargate episodes from the entire series.

Comment

I really liked seasons 4, 9, and 10. I think my vote has to go to season 9 though...awesome season!

Comment

Season 4. It's the only one that I can watch through with out skipping episodes. It's the most solid season in terms of writing for me, with Prodigy being the weakest link. And plus, I adore Sam's hair in the beginning of the season, it's my favorite hairstyle she'd has. The absolute worst for me would be season 9. . . in which I skip all the episodes.
                      Originally posted by Callista
                      Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                      Originally posted by HPMom
                      She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Four was very good indeed. I still think they progressively got better as time went on. So Michael Shanks decided to leave. Wow, I guess that surprises me. Im sure glad he decieded to come back.

Comment

Season 8, Lots more Replicators! Yay! And felt like an end to many stories.

Comment

from page 2 of this folder.

"best season of SG-1"
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=64246

and it even includes a poll
                            Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                            Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                              from page 2 of this folder.

"best season of SG-1"
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=64246

and it even includes a poll
                              Believe it or not, 'best' and 'favorite' can be two different things.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X