An Invisible Thread (325)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I gotta say, bringing nathan back to keep sylar around....dude 'have your cake and eat it too'

it may not have been a jump the shark moment, but that critter certainly was circling

can't they kill people off and leave them dead? i'm getting sick and tired of no one ever really dying
    Well Nathan is dead. And they never actually killed Sylar, they just had Parkman mess up his head.

I liked it. It's a clever way to progress the story and keep both actors around.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      That being said I was quite pleased with the finale' I would have liked to know more about Hiro's condition and I'm a little frustrated that Ando never supercharged him or Claire didn't give him a little blood. Also, he still can't teleport. What they did with Hiro was frustrating this season, and Peter but at least he is back.

I like that Sylar will be back to fight another day, he is a great villain.
      Since the problems are coming from the fact that he's using his powers in the first place, I'd imagine having Ando super-charge him would only make it worse.

I'm kinda glad they aren't just using Claire's blood to heal everybody. They may get a few complaints from some of the fans, but not nearly as much as they'd get if it were used every time somebody got hurt...
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

as to the secret service, they don't ask.

that's secret service 101, you don't ask. and you keep your mouth shut.

the success of their job depends on their protectees trusting them, thus they don't judge, they don't gossip, they don't talk. they just quietly do their jobs and don't judge their protectees

so they woujldn't ask nathan about claire. they'd just accept and move on
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          as to the secret service, they don't ask.

that's secret service 101, you don't ask. and you keep your mouth shut.

the success of their job depends on their protectees trusting them, thus they don't judge, they don't gossip, they don't talk. they just quietly do their jobs and don't judge their protectees

so they woujldn't ask nathan about claire. they'd just accept and move on
          well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
            Peter had no powers till he injected himself with the formula, which gave him that limited ability. When he touched Sylar in the finale, he now has the same kind of power he had when the series started.
            Actually, he hasn't.

If you read my original post, I said why then. If Peter acquired all of Sylar's abilities, he would have a) been able to fly after Sylar / Nathan (he told Claire he can't fly anymore) and b) Peter would have been able to heal his wounds. He was bleeding.

Therefore, Peter is stuck with the 'one power per time' as he has been since he injected himself with the formula again. Currently, Peter has the ability to shapeshift. Chances are, next time we see him, he'll have something different.

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
            I liked it. It's a clever way to progress the story and keep both actors around.
            It is a clever way to keep both the actors around, the only problem we have no, is we know that at some point, Nathan's character is going to be gone for good. He practically is dead already. If Sylan heard that clock was out, how long will it be before he figures out more, and realizes the truth?

Since the problems are coming from the fact that he's using his powers in the first place, I'd imagine having Ando super-charge him would only make it worse.
            I don't know...

If you think about it, if Ando uses his ability on someone that already has the ability, surely it would take the load off Hiro? - I swear Noah called him 'Hero' in that episode too.....
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Yes,,
              this is an anooying episide, very entertaining, but the part of the Heroes them that went along with the Syler plan to take new form and bcome Nathan, was an idiotic plan and you mentioned some very big gaping plotholes and things that didn't make any sense. They probably could have brought Nathan back and Syler is still there. Hence, the clock scene at the end.. and Angela knew it was still Syler under that skin. A long list of sloppy writing.

of course maybe the future episide wil clean up these crzy threaded story lines and fix these problematic developments. Like I said half of the Heroes team is off their rocker and is defintely not thinking right..

I know some fans don't like messing with time, but I can see where Hiro's power could help. But now, poor Hiro can't use it.. or he dies.. Dammit, I really like changing/manipulating time, one of my all time Favorite sci-fi thingies..

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
              Overall, I thought this episode was quite a good way to finish the volume, though I don't actually like the 'Sylan' storyline. The issue with Claire's blood (which could have been used to heal Nathan) wasn't missing anything. There was no reason it wouldn't have worked, the writers simply choose not to include it.

Claires blood can bring back the dead, and heal the wounded. Making excuses about Nathan having too big a cut, or no oxygen in his brain etc is just that: excuses. The only reason Claires blood wouldn't be able to heal someone, is if they were a pile of bones. If there is a brain, and a heart, I'm pretty sure her blood will heal any wound. Nathan's throat included.

What will now annoy me, is that once Sylar gets his real memory back, that'll be the end of Nathan (unless they actually kept his body in storage, and bring him back to life later). Sylar will turn evil at some point again, and we'll loose Nathan because of it.

As for Tracy, I don't think she is going to be a bad person. I think she'll turn out to be good. That 'chat' she had with Micah had to count for something. Those 'four' that she killed with water were probably people who tortured her when she was being held in Building 26. No doubt she'll be after Danko soon, and as bullets pass through water, will be interesting to see how he'll try take her down.

PS: I don't see either, why someone didn't think to tranquilize Sylar earlier, and then burn him like they did. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that his ashes can't reform.

Edit: I doubt Peter has many more powers either. I'd be willing to bet he only 'took' the shapeshifting ability from Sylar. If he took them all, then he'd have first healed, and secondly, he'd have been able to fly. He couldn't do either. If he had any brains, he should have took that empathy power (can't remember what it is called, but in short, it allows him to take a power without cutting open their head). Looks like he is still only able to take one power at a time.
              My Story:
              http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

What happened to Hiro... Suresh was all "OMG HIRO IF YOU USE YOUR PAOWAR AGAIN YOU COULD DIE!1" sure enough Hiro used his power again... collapsed but didn't die and then he is just standing there fine all of a couple of hours later at Fake-Sylar's cremation ... Shouldn't he have been at a hospital or something?

They missed an opportunity for Hiro be comatose and do the equivalent of Quantum Leaping or something interesting like that.

Comment

Two words....Terrible ending.

I mean it what the He** why not uses some freaken Clair blood to save Nathan, I mean what the He** it is so rediculouse I may never watch the show again.
                  sigpic
                  Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                  STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

I love how people absolutely hated when they introduced the whole Claire-blood-healing thing, and now they're trying to pretend it never happened but the fans are once again furious that they changed it back.

It seems to me that since Bryan Fuller came back, they've been trying to undo the mistakes made in season 2 and 3, and the healing blood is not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                      I love how people absolutely hated when they introduced the whole Claire-blood-healing thing, and now they're trying to pretend it never happened but the fans are once again furious that they changed it back.
                      lol It is funny.

Comment

I just think its funny how when it first happened people were like ''oh they're gonna use that all the time now this ruins heroes for me'' and now they're yelling ''use claire's blood you idiots!! if you don't you'll ruin heroes for me''.

Comment

ok, enough of the talking about other fans' opinions and more about talking about the episode please
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post

It seems to me that since Bryan Fuller came back, they've been trying to undo the mistakes made in season 2 and 3, and the healing blood is not the only one.
                            I never liked the Clair blood thing but the least they could do is be consistant I mean for g**s sake don't we deserve that at least.
                            sigpic
                            Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                            STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

1. No Claire, didn't your Dad tell you 'not' to get fooled by Sylar?

2. Liked the Petrelli double act.

3. Liked Peter's use of shapeshifting.

4. Not so sure about "Sylan".

5. What fate Hiro?
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

That was a pretty strong finale to vol 4. I was kinda hoping for an explanation of w/e is wrong with Hiro but I guess it'll have to wait.
                                The way they got rid of Sylar without actually killing him was pretty clever.
                                I was hoping Peter would get his powers back when they went to fight Sylar but it doesn't look like he'll actually need them... at least for now

Nice start to volume 5 too.
                                I too would have liked to hear an explanation with Hiro.. Even if it was only an initial diagnosis..

On the sylar issue, while it was inventive, i doubt it will stand for long. Sylar seems to be rather strong willed..

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                I really think that finale was amazing. I thought it would be Nathan to die, but what they did to Sylar, I never saw coming. I really can't wait until next season to see what happens next.
                                I was saddened to see nathan die for good.. You would have thought either Noah or Claire would have thought to inject him with her blood to ensure he got healed up.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                So Nathan/sylar hybrid is the new enemy next season fun. As well as with water lady killing random people. And the company is reborn. I am so hoping that next season everyone is together from the first episode, an the first seen is them all having some sought of board meeting discussing the company, with them about to authorised there first mission.
                                I too would find that sweet, if the first ep for S4, shows the new "Company" having a sort of board meeting..

Again the fight between nethan and peter and sylar was rubbish. I think they should of shown more and made it bigger and left at the drowning sequence at the end for next season and use that money for the sylara and peter and Nathan fight scene.
                                It was rather crap.. All we saw was claire getting tossed out the room, some sounds of crashing in the backround, Claire looking through the slit in the door at a 'glow', peter walking out (well more like stumbling out", nathan getting tossed back in and sylar showing up and TK slitting his throat..

So peter is back to his full power, well unless he was stupid and did not absorb Sylar base line ability and then use that ability to absorb the rest of Sylar powers.
                                It looked like all he took was the shape shifting. BUT maybe he took more. Who know's..

As to Claire blood we were never told to the extent that it could be used repaired damage bodies, or how long it takes to take effect. But again they should at least tried. And just use Parkman to make the forget. Which would means that the company started on the same foundations as the previous one, lies and deceit.
                                Exactly. Seems Angela doesn't want to learn from mistakes...

And it also obvious that Sylar brain with claire healing power would eventually repair what parkman did.
                                True. Plus with all his powers, surely he has absorbed something that would help him free himself earlier..

Well all in all, a decent wrap up to season 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X