X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1961 (323)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 323

Angela recalls her childhood visit with her sister to Coyote Sands, a desert relocation camp, hoping to face her dark secrets and reunite her family.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:13 PM.

well I am surprise no one else has done has said anything yet.
    An Awesome episode. We finally learnt how an why the company was set up, and we seen the foundations of the new company laid down, no matter what peter says, the circle is nearing completion, now all we need is a little massacre to complete the cycle, um look like they got that in place already.

I though angela sister was scary, but I would liked it if they became friends again, after all we have got sylar to take care off. She may possible be the most powerful ability we have seen to date, she could of took them all out with out breaking a sweat, would love to of seen her go up against sylar. Hopefully peter absorb her powers why they were, that should at least give then a chance of victory.

I am starting to like mohinder story, we know they wiped the minds of anyone who knew about the powers, including his, and that why his work was so knew and up To date. I hope we see mohinder explore his dad past and reveal more of the mystery, was hoping we would see Adam lurking in the background somewhere.

I found it strange how Angela sister new she was her sister considering how different she looks since last they met.

Who was that kid that Angela was dancing with in the cafe, is it anyone we know or have known. He seem familiar.

Hope we get more of Angela background. I am wondering what happen to her parents and what there powers were and why they did not come to the base with them.

An Sylar playing Nathan was a surprise at the end especially seeing Nathan watching him on the television.

Look like it sylar centered episode next.
    Last edited by knowles2; 14 April 2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

The black dude was Charles <died in 1 season> Desomethinvoxe ol papa of Simone.
      Liked the ep, the kid who played Linderman tried to mimic the old geezers face expressions, and did quite a good job at it. One things amiss, where is Kaito and his power! We got Charles and his ability (everyone thought that he could do somethin like mama Petrelli[dream walking]). Now the question arises, how the hell did Peter jump bach in time in his dream somewhere in season 1 ?
      'Death stands above me, whispering low I know not what in my ear . . .'

Comment

I've been looking forward to this episode for week as i think Angela is a great character. I've got to say i really enjoyed it!! It added some great backstory to Angela, the company and should that history dose repeat itself. Loved the refernce back to the pilot, when Angela stole some socks. I hope we see Alice again (i couldnt stop thinking about Storm during the episode though!). The reveal of Sylar as Nathan was a great set up for the final two episodes!

I also think its great news that the ratings went up for the first time in weeks!! This episode was up over 800,000 compared to last weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander E. Brent View Post
          Liked the ep, the kid who played Linderman tried to mimic the old geezers face expressions, and did quite a good job at it. One things amiss, where is Kaito and his power! We got Charles and his ability (everyone thought that he could do somethin like mama Petrelli[dream walking]). Now the question arises, how the hell did Peter jump bach in time in his dream somewhere in season 1 ?
          Presumably this explains where old man Petrelli got his Parkman power from. The Peter dreaming thing may have been because he was thinking about him mum. Kaito would be in Japan. The question is how the original 4 found the ret of the old guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander E. Brent View Post
            Well I am presuming that Charles implanted those memories in peter mind, and they would only unlock if peter needed access to them to after he dies,m with some sought of predefine trigger, which explain it, sought off. There still that Indian boy that we never got answer to either.

Comment

It felt like they copied a little from LOST in this one, with flashbacks and the Dharma style abilities camp.

Anybody catch the building 26 sign when the soldiers started shooting all the people with abilities?

The whole episode felt like it had little, if anything, to do with the rest of volume 4... at least until that awesome scene of Sylar holding the press conference. That was one of my favorite moments of this show all time.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I've gotten used to the notion that "Heroes" will disappoint whenever they try to mine the past again. Too often, the existing continuity is changed or tweaked to allow for whatever story they want to tell. By now, it should be easy enough to move forward with the history that already exists.

So I was surprised to find that I actually liked this episode quite a bit, and I was willing to forgive whatever minor retcons were involved along the way. We got to see the beginning of Chandra Suresh's study into the emergence of metahumans, which eventually led to his method for identifying those with abilities. That tied into a nice bit of Mohinder's character arc, as revelations about his father drove him to seek redemption for his own mistakes. It doesn't repair the damage done during the third volume, but it certainly helps.

It also answered a question that I had back in the second season: what drove the Twelve to form the Company in the first place? We don't see the Twelve here, only a handful of them that had been at Coyote Sands. But it does explain where the genesis of the Company and its philosophy emerged. In fact, one can imagine that Adam Munroe came along, not long after their escape, and twisted their ideals even more.

I'm still torn on the overall importance of Angela's mission to find Alice. She seemed to be sure that they all had to be there for a reason, but it seemed a lot more personal. I suppose it was more a matter of proving to everyone why it was important for the family to stick together, which it accomplished, and showing them how they had to make up for their many manifest mistakes.

Considering that I've been waiting for the heroes to come together under some banner or another since the first season, this is a promising development. The forgiveness between Nathan and Peter might have been a bit too quick and easy, but with the story rapidly coming to a head, I wasn't surprised by that fact. (Maybe I'm just getting used to how the writers on "Heroes" tend to fast-forward through these matters.)

But for all those possible issues, I thought the overall presentation of the episode was top-notch, and the ending was the logical progression of the story. Sylar's decision to mimic Nathan has been a recurring theme, stretching back to the first season, and harkening back to that was a great idea. It's unlikely to play out as it did then, but it still works as an effective way to draw Nathan and rest of his clan out of the woodwork.

The resolution of this volume still feels like it could be a retread of the familiar: the same heroes banding against Sylar and whatever other villains happen to be working with or around him at the time. That only provides the writers with another opportunity for a proper throwdown against Sylar, something that still has yet to happen after the writers blew it in the first season finale.

This volume has had its shaky moments, and the addition of Bryan Fuller to the writing staff has not been the magical panacea that many had hoped it would be. But I do think that his arrival has been a good thing, and that the return to character-based storytelling is a great sign for the fourth season. For now, I just want this season to end on a strong run, and this episode feels like a part of that.

Comment

Really good episode last night. I rather enjoyed seeing bits of Angela's past, how the company was first formed, etc. And how about that ending? Seeing Sylar mimic Nathan was great.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Morning, Saw the episode last night and really enjoyed it. you can see that they are forming a company(family) to protect there kind and will prob use Matts powers to convince everyone that none of the past serious ever happened. (hmmmm Fuller tidying up the mistakes maybe). STILL WANT PETER TO BE BACK TO BEING THE GOOD SYLAR. Sylar as i have said before is becoming too strong and lets be fair Nathan is gonna get murdered big time.
                    Anyway i digress. good episode i recognised Angelas sister but not sure from what. wonder if she will be back. loved how she just vanished in the wind.

Comment

Good episode even if a few things were "off" in it.

Chandra Shuresh must have gotten his mind wiped after all of this or he´d never have gone on a quest to find meta humans.

It´s nice to finally see how the company was formed, it makes sense that it would be based on something bad happening like this. I think the new family company will have it´s worked cut out for them seeing as how a lot of people now know about the meta humans and record keeping is becoming increasingly difficult to mess with.

Syler is without a doubt angeling for the presidency, he´s set his sight as high as it will go.

Comment

GREAT episode! I really want to see the massacre play out like this:
                        Peter: No, Gabriel, you don't need to do this!
                        Sylar: Yes, I do, Peter (He begins to cut Nathan's head open as a storm comes and lightning strikes everyone, except Angela & co. who have ran for cover, knowing what's happening)
                        Alice: I win, AGAIN!

OK, I digressed. Loved that they showed Charles and his power. Now all we need is for Angela to tell us Kaito's power, or I'll assume that Papa Petrelli got his mind reading from Kaito. Still hoping Peter gets his powers back. I wonder when we'll see Alice next though?
                        http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

wow really good ep. i saw it last night so you'll have to bare with me if i have forgotten anything:

*i thought it was so funny how noone queried how or why mohinder was there. i kept expecting someone to say something, but it's like they didn't care
                          *great call back to the socks!! i was watching with my bf and i got it and he didn't! haha great moment
                          *alice was cool, but like someone else said i have no idea how she would pick angela after so long
                          *angela's parents had powers, angela and her hubby have powers, so why didn't nathan get powers but peter did? is peter really angelas kid? or did she take him coz she knew what part he'd play?
                          *it was great finding out that charlse had a power.
                          *i love these stories, finding out how everything fits together. it's great!
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

The whole Chandra thing confused me, too... why was he "unsure" as to whether or not they really existed, and desperate to find proof, when he'd worked with the US government on that very thing a few decades before?
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              The whole Chandra thing confused me, too... why was he "unsure" as to whether or not they really existed, and desperate to find proof, when he'd worked with the US government on that very thing a few decades before?
                              At the end of the ep, Mohindar told Peter he was staying behind so they might revisit the past and explain all of that as part of Mohindar's story, either in the last 2 eps or Vol 5.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                              X