This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caprica Pilot

It was great to see this so soon after BSG ended. The kids look younger then i'd expected them to be. A lot different then i thought it'd be. The tram crash was the ****. Loved the cylons. 1h 32 mins, so its like a movie.
    Cream Cheese, the people's cheese.

Yeah man...I just finished watching it and man it blew my mind. I think it may be the first successful prequel in history. WOW! The Pre-Cylon model is worth watching everytime it's appearing on screen.

I'm definitely going to get it on dvd for the extras and commentary. I think as the series progresses we'll see Cavil at some point and the Final Five because there's no way this series is going to leave them behind.

Comment

copy/pasted from the other caprica thread with some slight modifications

I have to say the butler the greystones have is adorable to me for some reason and I want one~

also spoilers

Spoiler:
      wow didnt take long to see the first cylon centurion which was lulzy since it couldent aim worth a damn in that scene and Admiral Adama's 69 years old by the start of the series I thought he was a younger at the start of BSG(basically I thought he was as old as EJO)

while I think It started off slow it got alot better towards the end, the Cylon part was awesome expecially the by your command line, and damn did it get alot better at shooting.... we also find our where Cylons came to believe in a ''one true God''

great sound track as well plus the music became very galacticaish as well with the Drums and the Remix of ''wander my friends'' from Galactica near the end*makes note to buy soundtrack*

so Dvd here I come *hopes they dont release it with the S1 boxset like they did BSG* hopefully the series will have less teen drama though

I think as the series progresses we'll see Cavil at some point and the Final Five because there's no way this series is going to leave them behind.
      unless they do a time jump of some kind(which i wouldent mind if done well) I dont see us seeing the final five or John since the show take place about 18 years before the end of the first cylon war

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
        so Dvd here I come *hopes they dont release it with the S1 boxset like they did BSG* hopefully the series will have less teen drama though
        The pilot is available for sale on Amazon and elsewhere right now if you pre-order it.

unless they do a time jump of some kind(which i wouldent mind if done well) I dont see us seeing the final five or John since the show take place about 18 years before the end of the first cylon war
        Well they got four seasons or more to tell the stories in this prequel and it better move fast because I ain't going to stick around like Lost. But man seeing the Centurian was cool. I think there's going to be a Civil War within the Colonials and Centurians like the clones in Star Wars are meant to keep the peace or rather fight the war. I mean why else would someone built killer robots right?

Comment

The pilot is available for sale on Amazon and elsewhere right now if you pre-order it.
          I know but im hoping they dont pull what they did with the BSG miniseries and end up putting as disk 1 on the Season 1 DvD set

Well they got four seasons or more to tell the stories in this prequel and it better move fast because I ain't going to stick around like Lost. But man seeing the Centurian was cool. I think there's going to be a Civil War within the Colonials and Centurians like the clones in Star Wars are meant to keep the peace or rather fight the war. I mean why else would someone built killer robots right?
          I think it will be a few seasons before they try a time jump(assuming they do) though I wouldent mind seeing the first cylon war at all and any excuse to see Galen and Saul again would make me happy :3

Comment

I haven't seen this pilot, but I expected bigger hype from the fans. The quiet of the fandom is surprising. Was it bad or was it not enough good for you?
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I haven't seen this pilot, but I expected bigger hype from the fans. The quiet of the fandom is surprising. Was it bad or was it not enough good for you?
              I found it started out slow and the Teen Drama stuff didnt help but got significantly better towards the end with the more and more focus on the Adults and their plotlines

the first 5 min also shows more skin than Tricia Helfer did in BSG :E

Comment

But it seems the ordering of Caprica season 1 will be a total fiasco from SyFy, if it wasn't able to grab fans from this big fandom. OK, we are not a representative viewing, but I don't know how could they do it without airing of the pilot...
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

To be honest I'm a Battlestar fanboy so Caprica would have had to try pretty hard to be bad in my opinion. Saying that I'm not completely sold on the idea. I'm interested if they can flesh out a whole series about the cylon evolution (I know its never about the story but it still needs one) or will it have a much broader story.
                  "Dying doesn't work in our favour!"

Comment

so there is going to be a Caprica series?, i thought it was on hold that is great !!
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                      so there is going to be a Caprica series?, i thought it was on hold that is great !!
                      eh yes it starts next year

Comment

I am very confused with how the pilot has leaked and yet the fandom is quiet. I know alot of people are waiting until the official date to get the DVD, but still.

I personally thought the pilot was awesome, aside from a few bad CGI shots, the tram crash for one. I loved most of the CGI in BSG, but found it really took me out of the scene in Caprica.

I loved loved loved Zoe and Lacey. I'm very into this relationship and hope we see more. I really was expecting Zoe to show up as a skin job at some point. I was a bit dissapointed in that.

Comment

My expectations for the show were not very high to begin with, because I just know that RTD won't be able to pull off another one like BSG in the foreseeable future. For those who expect Caprica to be like BSG should be prepared to be disappointed. If BSG has been an African lion then Caprica is an a African gazelle or elephant. It lives on the same continent but is a whole different animal. Both series play in the same universe and there are things we recognize from BSG as for example prototype Centurions, the pyramid game, octagonal paper and books, "frak" and "so say we all" but this is not about military or the survival of the human race. The shows sets up compelling questions (what makes us human, are we more then just the sum of our memory etc) but the problem with the questions are that they have been asked by scifi, religion and philosophy for a long time and "BSG" has also asked that question. I am not quite sure that the show is catered by the right network. Caprica is not about action. It is quieter, more subdued and it is talky. The journey of the characters are going is not going to be one like the people who searched for Earth but a journey in regards of their faith, their believes and their goals.I think the show has potential to be a really good drama show but it would fit better on HBO then on SciFi. The characters have to be fleshed out a lot more and the questions asked need to be a lot edgier. There is one thing I HAVE been asking myself though. Is Daniel Greystone by any chance THAT Daniel? I DID get a bit teary eyed when I heard the first few strains of the Adamas theme when Bill's dad told him that his name is not Adams but Adama.

Oh and on a sidenote: I was utterly amused by the fact that William B. Davis had a cameo and played the minister of defence. I haven't seen in any other role then as CSM before ^_^
                          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                          And he's wonderful.

Comment

actually that was pretty good. The first centurion was pretty cool, though I was half expecting to hear teh 'duh duh duh da da ' of the Terminator theme on that final scene lol.

{mod snip}
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 15 April 2009, 07:50 AM. Reason: inappropriate

Comment

I have to say the butler the greystones have is adorable to me for some reason and I want one~

also spoilers

Spoiler:
                              wow didnt take long to see the first cylon centurion which was lulzy since it couldent aim worth a damn in that scene and Admiral Adama's 69 years old by the start of the series I thought he was a younger at the start of BSG(basically I thought he was as old as EJO)

while I think It started off slow it got alot better towards the end, the Cylon part was awesome expecially the by your command line, and damn did it get alot better at shooting.... we also find our where Cylons came to believe in a ''one true God''

great sound track as well plus the music became very galacticaish as well with the Drums and the Remix of ''wander my friends'' from Galactica near the end*makes note to buy soundtrack*
                              It was kinda cute, wasn't it?

More like 67 at the beginning of BSG...

Love the music. Very much!

The beginning was a bit, I dunno, it took some time for me to get into the story and characters, prolly because it wasn't quite what I expected although I didn't expect much besides that it would be different than BSG. But I think the second half was really good.
                              Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Working...
                              X