Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just watch some of caprica, just skip through for now will rewatch at a later date. It was alright but I really do not see where they going to get four seasons worth of story from, in fact I do not see more than five to six episodes or may be one season if they move us into the first cylon war era but four to fives season will make the entire series feel drag out, it was showing signs being drag out in the pilot, so it only going to get worst.

The opening scenes were awrsome and really show what would probably happen in such a virtual environment in real life, when they are built in the next 30 years, teenagers life will certainly be more interesting.

The whole transplanting conscious thing just opens up whole load of plot holes in Bsg, you know this one human scientist could figure it out and somehow and entire cylon civilisation cannot, I mean come on.
    Then you got the changing control panels from english to caprica back to English back to caprice I mean comeon either leave it all in English meaning you have to make sure it all make sense with in the context of what is shown screen or keep it all in the alien language but make sure it the same through out the series, both requires work, the mixing the two up just makes them look lazy.

Why some of the shots and cgi was awesome, some were just terrible, especially the shooting range scene is one example of just terrible, the cylon waking up on the table was one example of brilliance. As for the skin shown at the beginning there know way to cut that out with out removing the feeling of how evil these people can be in a environment where they can get away with anything and do anything they want, stripping that from the opening sequence and strip away the essence of the struggle for the one true god and why in there view the religion needs changing.That what I got from watching about 20 minutes of it. S
    o may be I just missed what going to make the grounder story and more in depth and give us seasons worth of story because at the moment I am not.
    Last edited by knowles2; 22 April 2009, 06:11 AM.

Comment

I just finished watching it the first time through and found it mildly interesting - until the last ten minutes.

Then I was hooked.
      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
      it has it's own laws and beats about things
      which the intellect scorns."
      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela View Post
        I just finished watching it the first time through and found it mildly interesting - until the last ten minutes.

Then I was hooked.
        I'm sure the ending of the pilot will entice quite a few people on the fence about this show to give it a bit more of a chance.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
          Hmm. There is not really much of interest here. These things have been dealt with in more effective manners, and the characters are really not remarkable or interesting. From the first hour of BSG's miniseries I was fond of Gaius, Laura, Kara, Boomer, and so on.
          Can't say the same thing for me. I wasn't even really hooked after watching the mini series. Some characters like Laura or Saul got me more interested then others (I so didn't care for either Gaius or Kara )

A series needs time to start rolling. Some shows that started out overly strong (Lost and Heroes) lost their steam exteremly quickly so I don't mind a show that starts out slowly. Also you should give those writers a bit more credit.
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

well i have something to say about the pilot "AWESOME

that was great i loved it and can't wait to see more i am going to watch it again and again until the show comes on the air , wow it was amazing
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
              the characters are really not remarkable or interesting. From the first hour of BSG's miniseries I was fond of Gaius, Laura, Kara, Boomer, and so on.
              Really? I locked onto Joseph, Lacy and Zoe pretty quick. Once it got to the end William and Danial also had my attention. I think the difference now is we're relying on Moore to create something almost from scratch, instead of playing off of decades of SciFi fandom. So far, I think he's doing a better job than you or me.

Comment

well i didnt really expect much from this.............how wrong was I, great pilot and a good ending ,cant belive i have to wait until next year for the series.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                  It's a pretty easy guess how it leaked.

Video Rental stores like Blockbuster get movies weeks in advance so the employees can watch it and give suggestions.

The most logical reason is that a BSG fan works ata video rental place and ripped it from the DVD....
                  I don't think it leaked. This was on purpose, no doubt about it.

Comment

Here's our official thread for continuing discussion of the Caprica pilot:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=66026
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                    X