Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneaking onto Goa'uld ships and other things...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneaking onto Goa'uld ships and other things...

I was wondering why it was seemingly easy for the SG-1 team to sneak
    onto ships without being noticed. Don't they have sensors or something?
    The only time I remember them addressing it was when Daniel and Jonas
    are injected with the isotope to hide themselves on Anubis' ship. When Sam and Teal'c sneak into the supersoldier compound, it looks like they fly right in(of
    course after Selmak disables everything). Shouldn't they have cameras or something in the corridors?

Also, unrelated, I was wondering how big each system lord's army was.
    Their technology is powerful, but still lack enough manpower to subdue Earth.

Originally posted by Ramza24
    I was wondering why it was seemingly easy for the SG-1 team to sneak
    onto ships without being noticed. Don't they have sensors or something?
    The only time I remember them addressing it was when Daniel and Jonas
    are injected with the isotope to hide themselves on Anubis' ship. When Sam and Teal'c sneak into the supersoldier compound, it looks like they fly right in(of
    course after Selmak disables everything). Shouldn't they have cameras or something in the corridors?

Also, unrelated, I was wondering how big each system lord's army was.
    Their technology is powerful, but still lack enough manpower to subdue Earth.
    I don't think that the Goauld have had to worry to much about people sneaking onto their ships. But seriously, after 8 seasons, Anubis is the only one that ever put friggin sensors on his ship. Just chalk it up to the bad guys not reading "How to be a Bad Guy: for dummies"

I don't know if it truly matters the size of the army...one system lord is always knocking another one off and just taking control of their army. I guess with that being said, Baal is the man now but who knows what is next??? Bring back Apophis!!!

Comment

Now that you mention this, I'm beginning to think, too. Gao'uld sensors would pick up any foreign signatures (and I'm sure SG-1 is on the top of the foreign signatures list!) the moment SG-1 transported aboard the ship. (Unless the Gao'uld were dumb enough to either shut down the sensors, not have their ship equipped with the sensors, or simply ignore the sensor reports). Outside of the mentioned attempts to suppress the sensors, i don't recall SG-1 taking other steps to avoid sensor detection.

As for the system lords, each lord has a differing number of loyal Jaffa. Some lords have more, others less. Individually, a system lord probably could not overtake earth, but by cooperating with other system lords (yeah right. Gao'ulds cooperating? ) it could be done. Some lords also command different technologies to augment their armies of Jaffa, so that could play a small part, too, since some technologies may be better than others.

Comment

How about access control mechanisms? The only ship I've seen with some sort of protection on the controls has been Osirus's ship. Apparently on all of the other Goa'uld ships all you have to do can control of either the bridge, the engine room, or the computer core and you have a great deal of power over the ship. How about simple password protection? Even earth has the technology to do something simular to Ancient technology and the Ancient gene. It is possible to implant a RFID chip and authenticate against it. We have seen that in some cases Goa'uld technology requires naquadah in the blood, but you would assume that it would be wise to secure their ships a bit more.

Comment

heh, what was the goa'uld version off a camera called? we saw it in that episode when teal'c was being tortured

Comment

Working...
          X