Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Waters of Mars - Discussion, Speculation & News Thread (Spoilers as they come)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't know yet. But...

Killer water was done as a short story in the same book that contained the embryonic Blink, "What I Did On My Holidays by Sally Sparrow". So it's possible

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      The 'monsters' look like they've got high pressure hoses running along their arms under the long sleeves. It doesn't look scary.
      Since when have DW monsters ever been scary?

Again, stop looking for holes and just enjoy the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post

<mod snip>

The Angels in Blink were effing scary, or at least the concept was
        Last edited by GateGipsy; 19 April 2009, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          <mod snip>

The Angels in Blink were effing scary, or at least the concept was
          Oh yes! Also the shadows in the library. But those were more subtle monsters, subtle in my book is always creepier than right in your face...
          Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
            Oh yes! Also the shadows in the library. But those were more subtle monsters, subtle in my book is always creepier than right in your face...
            Oh yeah, the shadow in the corner is infinatly creepier than the CGI zombie

Comment

I still get freaked out if one of my sprogs wakes me in the middle of the night calling "Mummy!" in that tone of voice.

Madeleine

Comment

I'm terrified when anyone's kid says 'Mummy' these days.
                Originally posted by Zarius View Post
                The Vashta Nerada aka "the Shadows that melt the flesh" were great, as were the Weeping Angels, and both were terrifying. Of course, both also came from the mind of Steven Moffat. They were terrifying because they were a bit subtle; high pressure hoses are not. The scenes with water slowly seeping from the 'monster's' hand were a bit creepy, but it's how it's handled in the story itself. If the underlying fear of the episode is a fear of drowning, then I'll be pleasantly and happily surprised. A Carrionite or Torchwood Fairy 'drowning' type thing.

I'm not trying to find holes and I certainly hope the special is brilliant, but I'm not impressed by the teaser. Sorry. If I can't honestly say what I think about what I've seen so far, what's the point of a forum?
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

It just looks a bit naff to me. I would have hoped that since were only getting a few specials (what exactly makes them special when they're only slightly longer than a regular episode) that they would go a bit more epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                    It just looks a bit naff to me. I would have hoped that since were only getting a few specials (what exactly makes them special when they're only slightly longer than a regular episode) that they would go a bit more epic.
                    Maybe they wait for the EPIC for the last two specials XD

Besides we've only seen a few scenes. Lots could happen.

Comment

If the trailer for Waters of Mars was a bit meh, it might be because they hadn't filmed all of it, much less done the trailer-friendly SFX, when Planet of the Dead was handed over for airing.

I'm not too fussed. The trailers for Midnight and Turn Left were meh

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
                        If the trailer for Waters of Mars was a bit meh, it might be because they hadn't filmed all of it, much less done the trailer-friendly SFX, when Planet of the Dead was handed over for airing.

When I saw the trailer for Blink, I seriously thought of not bothering to watch it because it looked like it was going to be really slow and boring, but boy am I glad I decided to give it a go, it turned out to be my absolute favourite

Comment

This one looks a little meh too. But I'll dive it a shot.

Comment

Weren't the angels voted the #1 most scariest monsters from the show? Because I know they scared the F out of me the first time i seen the episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post

Indeed! We could be in for a treat here

Comment

i admit the waters of mars trailer was a bit lacking, and that isnt a promising start, but the last special didnt look that good either and it was a....passable episode.

again i agree with NX01a. many of Steven Moffat's episodes are among my favourites. not that the other episodes by other writers werent good, but Moffat has this irrisistable writing style. his monsters are gloriously threatening and mysterious. Midnight and Silence in the Library were amazing episodes, not because of hideously misshapen enemies but because no one could actually see them. if moffat is having a hand in these specials, and indeed the new season, i expect many thrills.

as for the danger in this episode being related to water jets....well why not? water can be just as deadly as statues or shadows, as hidden aliens or wierd metal men. dont write it off just yet.
                                sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X