Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Waters of Mars - Discussion, Speculation & News Thread (Spoilers as they come)

Well, here's the trailer for "The Waters of Mars"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc9XiZ2A4xk

Looks interesting, as someone said about PotD, this too looks rather classic esque.

Now there's not much infor available right now apart from the following:

Companion: Adelaide (Lindsey Duncan)

Spoiler:

With Peter O'Brien and Sharon Duncan Brewster tagging along, as well as - apparently - Ood Sigma.

Now what I'm wondering is if there'll be any connection to the Ice Warriors, as within the Whoniverse is is established that they are indeed Martians. Even in the classic series. Obviously this is going to be set in the future, but could they still be around?

So go on, speculate!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Brigadier General stargatefan234's Avatar

Default Re: The Waters of Mars - Discussion, Speculation & News Thread (Spoilers as they come

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post

Looks interesting, as someone said about PotD, this too looks rather classic esque.

Spoiler:

With Peter O'Brien and Sharon Duncan Brewster tagging along, as well as - apparently - Ood Sigma.

Now what I'm wondering is if there'll be any connection to the Ice Warriors, as within the Whoniverse is is established that they are indeed Martians. Even in the classic series. Obviously this is going to be set in the future, but could they still be around?

So go on, speculate!
    I did read on WIKI that the ood would be in at least one of the specials

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: The Waters of Mars - Discussion, Speculation & News Thread (Spoilers as they come

Spoiler:
    OOd Sigma will only appear in a cameo role at the conclusion of the episode. The main antagonist of this special is clearly the homicdal H20, I'm not expecting Ice Warriors. They'll likely get a mention in some throwaway comedy line though

Quote Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
    Spoiler:
    OOd Sigma will only appear in a cameo role at the conclusion of the episode. The main antagonist of this special is clearly the homicdal H20, I'm not expecting Ice Warriors. They'll likely get a mention in some throwaway comedy line though
    I also read that whilst not part 1 of 3, this would lead into the two parter finale
    Spoiler:
    is that Ood sigma's purpose?

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Chief Master Sergeant

Spoiler:
    I don't think Sigma himself is neccersarily there, just a projection of him, generated either by The TARDIS (the cloister bell is heard in this special), or The Doctor's been letting the warning from the psychic drive him a little nuts and, since he's now approaching his final fate, is beggining to suffer hallucinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post

Spoiler:

So go on, speculate!
    Oh, didn't she play Angela in Spooks?!
    Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...phix/Six-1.jpg
    ...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Angela in Spooks, Mrs Thatcher in some recent thing, and Servilla in Rome

Madeleine

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine View Post
    Oh cool. I really enjoyed her in Spooks. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine View Post
    I remember her most of all from "Rome" She is a great actress and it is nice to have someone as a companion who can actually act after Michelle Ryan. Also I am always for companions who are a bit older. Just look how well Donna worked out (okay I wasn't so sure about her after "Runaway Bride" but Catherine Tates showed very quickly that this was a brilliant move)

I like the trailer. It does look classic I agree.
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Staff Sergeant Forseti (a.k.a. Thor's lawyer)'s Avatar
    Ida, Orilla, the Halls of Intergalactic Justice

The trailer gave me the impression that TWoM will have a similar threat as SG-1's episode 'Watergate', namely a body snatching water entity. So I expect to see a few of 'water zombies', stumbling around and pushing some hidden agenda (one that will probably be very different from the Watergate entity's).

Anyway, I look forward to see Lindsay Duncan as the Doctor's interim-companion.
    Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
    ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
    cum omnibus iustis ac veris. E Libro Originis

The 'monsters' look like they've got high pressure hoses running along their arms under the long sleeves. It doesn't look scary.

Peter O'Brien? is it the same Peter O Brien that was Shane in Neighbours (Showing my age here )

Neighbours! The Aussie one? I have vague memories of that show.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Neighbours! The Aussie one? I have vague memories of that show.
    I remember watching that with my granddad,

"Thats when good neighbors become... Good Friends"

So what is this actually about? Killer water? Going to wage war on the home planet of those aliens from the movie Signs?

We don't know yet. But...

Killer water was done as a short story in the same book that contained the embryonic Blink, "What I Did On My Holidays by Sally Sparrow". So it's possible

Madeleine

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The 'monsters' look like they've got high pressure hoses running along their arms under the long sleeves. It doesn't look scary.
    Since when have DW monsters ever been scary?

Again, stop looking for holes and just enjoy the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
    Since when have DW monsters ever been scary?

Again, stop looking for holes and just enjoy the story.
    <mod snip>

The Angels in Blink were effing scary, or at least the concept was
    Last edited by GateGipsy; April 19th, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefgirl View Post
    <mod snip>

The Angels in Blink were effing scary, or at least the concept was
    Oh yes! Also the shadows in the library. But those were more subtle monsters, subtle in my book is always creepier than right in your face...

Quote Originally Posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
    Oh yes! Also the shadows in the library. But those were more subtle monsters, subtle in my book is always creepier than right in your face...
    Oh yeah, the shadow in the corner is infinatly creepier than the CGI zombie

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast