Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Waters of Mars - Discussion, Speculation & News Thread (Spoilers as they come)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Waters of Mars - Discussion, Speculation & News Thread (Spoilers as they come)

Well, here's the trailer for "The Waters of Mars"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc9XiZ2A4xk

Looks interesting, as someone said about PotD, this too looks rather classic esque.

Now there's not much infor available right now apart from the following:

Companion: Adelaide (Lindsey Duncan)

Spoiler:

With Peter O'Brien and Sharon Duncan Brewster tagging along, as well as - apparently - Ood Sigma.

Now what I'm wondering is if there'll be any connection to the Ice Warriors, as within the Whoniverse is is established that they are indeed Martians. Even in the classic series. Obviously this is going to be set in the future, but could they still be around?

So go on, speculate!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post

Looks interesting, as someone said about PotD, this too looks rather classic esque.

Spoiler:

With Peter O'Brien and Sharon Duncan Brewster tagging along, as well as - apparently - Ood Sigma.

Now what I'm wondering is if there'll be any connection to the Ice Warriors, as within the Whoniverse is is established that they are indeed Martians. Even in the classic series. Obviously this is going to be set in the future, but could they still be around?

So go on, speculate!
    I did read on WIKI that the ood would be in at least one of the specials
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Spoiler:
      OOd Sigma will only appear in a cameo role at the conclusion of the episode. The main antagonist of this special is clearly the homicdal H20, I'm not expecting Ice Warriors. They'll likely get a mention in some throwaway comedy line though

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
        Spoiler:
        OOd Sigma will only appear in a cameo role at the conclusion of the episode. The main antagonist of this special is clearly the homicdal H20, I'm not expecting Ice Warriors. They'll likely get a mention in some throwaway comedy line though
        I also read that whilst not part 1 of 3, this would lead into the two parter finale
        Spoiler:
        is that Ood sigma's purpose?
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Spoiler:
          I don't think Sigma himself is neccersarily there, just a projection of him, generated either by The TARDIS (the cloister bell is heard in this special), or The Doctor's been letting the warning from the psychic drive him a little nuts and, since he's now approaching his final fate, is beggining to suffer hallucinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post

Spoiler:

So go on, speculate!
            Oh, didn't she play Angela in Spooks?!
            Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Angela in Spooks, Mrs Thatcher in some recent thing, and Servilla in Rome

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
                Oh cool. I really enjoyed her in Spooks. ^^
                Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
                  I remember her most of all from "Rome" She is a great actress and it is nice to have someone as a companion who can actually act after Michelle Ryan. Also I am always for companions who are a bit older. Just look how well Donna worked out (okay I wasn't so sure about her after "Runaway Bride" but Catherine Tates showed very quickly that this was a brilliant move)

I like the trailer. It does look classic I agree.
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

The trailer gave me the impression that TWoM will have a similar threat as SG-1's episode 'Watergate', namely a body snatching water entity. So I expect to see a few of 'water zombies', stumbling around and pushing some hidden agenda (one that will probably be very different from the Watergate entity's).

Anyway, I look forward to see Lindsay Duncan as the Doctor's interim-companion.
                    Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
                    ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
                    cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

Comment

The 'monsters' look like they've got high pressure hoses running along their arms under the long sleeves. It doesn't look scary.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Peter O'Brien? is it the same Peter O Brien that was Shane in Neighbours (Showing my age here )

Comment

Neighbours! The Aussie one? I have vague memories of that show.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            Neighbours! The Aussie one? I have vague memories of that show.
                            I remember watching that with my granddad,

"Thats when good neighbors become... Good Friends"

Comment

So what is this actually about? Killer water? Going to wage war on the home planet of those aliens from the movie Signs?

Comment

Working...
                              X