Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armageddon (1998)
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

DVD: Face/Off

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Small Soldiers
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

Babylon 5: Thirdspace
          sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Blu-Ray: The X-Files: I Want to Believe

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

DVD: Outcast

Comment

The 2016 Ghostbusters reboot, for the first time. I can't say I actively disliked it or anything, but I did find it really boring.

The misogynistic campaign online to slag the movie before it even came out was, obviously, a totally inappropriate s**tshow that nobody in the cast or crew deserved to be subjected to. I don't think there can be any equivocation on that whatsoever.

What I've also found unfortunate in the last few years is how Feig and Jones in particular have tried to frame the narrative as though online trolls were somehow responsible for millions upon millions of people not seeing the movie.

Internet communities and fandoms love to think they're the only voices that should be listened to, but the cold reality is that people who post on the internet make up a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the total number of people who watch a TV show or see a movie.

So I think it's really disingenuous of them to act like a tiny number of internet trolls managed to sway an enormous moviegoing public. For my $0.02, the movie just wasn't very funny or particularly good, and an increasingly savvy moviegoing audience could see that very clearly in the trailers--which were, like the movie itself, not very funny or particularly good.

I'm completely ambivalent about the recent news of another Ghostbusters movie. But to me, the 2016 film was a failure both empirically/financially and creatively, so I'm perfectly fine with it not getting a sequel.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

YouTube: Night of the Living Dead [1968 Film]

Comment

How to Train Your Dragon
                    sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Blu-Ray: Cloverfield

Comment

sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

The Second Arrival (1998)

Low-budget sequel to 1996's The Arrival.
                          sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Blu-Ray: 10 Cloverfield Lane

Comment

Interstellar
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Babylon 5: The River of Souls
                                sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Working...
                                X