X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the Wraith Queen.

On gate world, in the "Atlantis Universe" section it says this

"THE WRAITH. They are the enemy that defeated the Ancients themselves long ago. The Wraith are a hive-based species with a queen, and horrifically feed off the life force of other beings."

The interesting part to me is "hive-based species with a queen".

Now then, to my question.

Is this queen just another name for the female wraith/keeper seen in the pilot, or have we yet to meet this queen?

If the wraith truly are a "hive-based species with a queen", like honey bees or ants, then the queen should be capable of reproducing and giving birth to wraith young.

I think it would be cool to have a huge Wraith Queen. just like the Queen Bee, Queen ant, or as seen in the Stargate universe a Goa'uld Queen. Maybe even something like the Alien Queen from the Alien franchise.

I wanna see a big honkin' Wraith Queen!!!

Any opinions?
    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
    Citizen Joe

We don't know if there's a single Queen, but I think it's safe to say that if there's only one that the Keeper wasn't it

Comment

I'm not sure whether we really need yet another parallel between the Wraith and the Goa'uld....
      The Unknown James

Comment

A parallel, but not a big one. The Wraith tend to act like a hive, the Goa'uld don't. I don't think the addition of a Queen would make them more like the Goa'uld. Its just an explanation as to where Wraith come from.

Comment

Bah, if it's a single queen, it almost makes them too Borgish.

Comment

Ugh. When I picture a big wraith queen i see a blue female Jabba the Hutt
            My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer
              On gate world, in the "Atlantis Universe" section it says this

"THE WRAITH. They are the enemy that defeated the Ancients themselves long ago. The Wraith are a hive-based species with a queen, and horrifically feed off the life force of other beings."

The interesting part to me is "hive-based species with a queen".

Now then, to my question.

Is this queen just another name for the female wraith/keeper seen in the pilot, or have we yet to meet this queen?

If the wraith truly are a "hive-based species with a queen", like honey bees or ants, then the queen should be capable of reproducing and giving birth to wraith young.

I think it would be cool to have a huge Wraith Queen. just like the Queen Bee, Queen ant, or as seen in the Stargate universe a Goa'uld Queen. Maybe even something like the Alien Queen from the Alien franchise.

I wanna see a big honkin' Wraith Queen!!!

Any opinions?
              The Wraith Keeper in "Rising" (SGA pilot) is actually the Hive Keeper for the Hive ship. She was responsible for maintaining basic functionality of the Hive
              ship while the rest of the Wraith hibernated. A small band of Wraith warriors also stay around the Hive Ship to take care of intrusions or any "security-related" issues. We'll probably see the Wraith Queen in an upcoming season of SGA. That being said, I'm pretty sure the Wraith Queen would be a lot nastier than the Hive Keeper. I could be wrong, so if anyone else has any ideas, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by catscan
                Bah, if it's a single queen, it almost makes them too Borgish.
                What, then... Have them independant warriors who suck life out of people?

That would defy the cause to rally into Hive ships, now, would it?
                Enter my game site...

Comment

It's a giant carnivorous smurf!

<runs around, screaming>
                  sigpic

Comment

The blue, female Jabba the Hut image is stuck in my mind now. i really liked the queen in the alien movies though. she was so cool.
                    We need something that is a cross of the two maybe.
                    Citizen Joe

Comment

My idea of the queen is very much like the one in starship troopers where there is single intelligence who is controlling everything. The queen has to be more evil and clever I think we may see her in season two premier or season 2 final.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Yeah, a big Jabba the Hut with Fran Dresher's voice.

Comment

Originally posted by vjlax18
                          Yeah, a big Jabba the Hut with Fran Dresher's voice.
                          You lost me. Who's Fran Dresher?

Edited...

Never mind. i just did an IMDB search. The woman from the nanny! LOL!!!!
                          Or the voice of Janice from friends. Thats an evil laugh!
                          Last edited by Butterfly-Dreamer; 08 December 2004, 07:50 AM. Reason: forgot to add something. me very stupid
                          Citizen Joe

Comment

I believe the "queen" was what the caretaker in 'Rising' was called in early spoilers. Guess it just changed.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                              I believe the "queen" was what the caretaker in 'Rising' was called in early spoilers. Guess it just changed.
                              You could be right, but I don't think the Wraith Queen would be that easy to kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X