Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Universe - Charity Buzz: Charity Auction Lunch on Set of Stargate Universe i

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe - Charity Buzz: Charity Auction Lunch on Set of Stargate Universe i

At Charity Buzz:

(Please follow the link for the complete charity auction information.)

Charity auction for Waterkeeper Alliance Earth Day Auction.

Lunch on the Set of Stargate Universe in October with Selected Cast Members

EDIT: Apr 12 '09 Auction OPENS April 14 '09 - Closes April 30 '09.

Description

Includes: Lunch on the Set of Stargate Universe in October with Selected Cast Members. Valid for 2 people in LA, based on availability.

Have lunch on the set of Stargate Universe, the hotly anticipated third series in the SciFi Channel Stargate franchise. Set to debut this fall, the series stars Robert Carlyle, Justin Louis and Lou Diamond Phillips. In this installment, the previously unknown purpose of the "Ninth Chevron" is revealed, and ends up taking a team to an Ancient ship "Destiny", a ship built millions of years ago by the Ancients, used to seed Distant galaxies with Stargates. This team, led by Dr. David Rush (Carlyle) and Colonel Everet Young (Louis), are trapped on the ship, unable to change its programmed mission, and encounter new races, new technology and new enemies, as the runaway ship takes them to the far ends of the Universe.

See how it all happens with unprecedented access to the set of this hit SciFi show!

Donated by: Stargate Universe

Terms: Includes: Lunch on the Set of Stargate Universe in October with Selected Cast Members. Valid for 2 people in LA, based on availability.
    Last edited by morjana; 12 April 2009, 04:44 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Of course it is only avaible to residents of the US!!!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
      Of course it is only avaible to residents of the US!!!!
      For crying out loud; not again! Hell, I'd PAY for a flight to the U.S. AFTER I have won the lunch with the SGU cast on set to get there; as well as go shopping/sight seeing & touristy stuff as well.

I understand the nature of the competition & how it's run; I just feel they should open @ least ONE comp up world wide & se how they do (I bet they'd make alot of $$ for charity! )?

Good luck to those residents in the U.S> whom enter the charity auction; here's hoping WKA makes alot of money for a great cause.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
        For crying out loud; not again! Hell, I'd PAY for a flight to the U.S. AFTER I have won the lunch with the SGU cast on set to get there; as well as go shopping/sight seeing & touristy stuff as well.

I understand the nature of the competition & how it's run; I just feel they should open @ least ONE comp up world wide & se how they do (I bet they'd make alot of $$ for charity! )?
        Good luck to those residents in the U.S> whom enter the charity auction; here's hoping WKA makes alot of money for a great cause.
        But think how much it would cost to convert Canadian, British, etc. money into US. Its all logistics as you jump through quite a few hoops to go from national to international.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          But think how much it would cost to convert Canadian, British, etc. money into US. Its all logistics as you jump through quite a few hoops to go from national to international.
          They needn't convert anything - put all bids in $US. Bidders can do the math themselves.
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I'd be able to do this. It's not that I don't support charities and wouldn't like to meet the cast, but I'm the type of person that would get really nervous (and feel sorta awkward) around the cast of any show that I like. Haha, more power to whoever does win it though .
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Can the winning bidder be from the US and the 2nd person be from elsewhere in the world? 'Cause, you know, I'd do the bidding so long as the other person is paying! LOL!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Okay, since I have now read the full Auction info. I have now discovered that it looks like you can bid from outside the US. It looks like it will be calcuated into American money if from elsewhere!!!
                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Mmm, and there's an RDA auction, too.

When I looked at the site, I couldn't see any of the bids. Do you have to register to be able to see them?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    Mmm, and there's an RDA auction, too.

When I looked at the site, I couldn't see any of the bids. Do you have to register to be able to see them?
                    The auction doesn't open until April 14.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Have noticed that the two Auctions (the one for RDA and this one) are a bit different.

While RDA is good for two people in Vancouver, for lunch on the set of SG1's third movie. The Universe one is for two people in LA.

I thought the Universe set is based here in Vancouver as well. So why is it lunch in LA???
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

I think it's because his charities are based in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                          Hmm...interesting suggestion. I had no idea, so I'm gonna go with this for now .
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                            Have noticed that the two Auctions (the one for RDA and this one) are a bit different.

While RDA is good for two people in Vancouver, for lunch on the set of SG1's third movie. The Universe one is for two people in LA.

I thought the Universe set is based here in Vancouver as well. So why is it lunch in LA???
                            Yeah, I wondered about the LA thing myself.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post

But it is Richard's lunch that is being held in Vancouver???

I was wondering why the Universe lunch says Los Angeles since the sets are here in Vancouver not in Los Angeles!!!!
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X