This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batman Vs. The Ancient

I've seen many of these vs's threads floating around, and it came up in a discussion with my friend last night, in reference to the jedi vs. the ancients. We both concluded that they were for the most part equal, the jedi knowing more about battle and strategy, while the ancients being masters of technology.

We began to think would would be a truly good vs?

My solution - put Batman up against the Ancients. lol My one friend was making a joke as to what the Ancients would say, "WHO IS THIS GUY!!!!?"

Here's my argument for it. All of Batman's skills are reference in 'Batman: The Animated Series', 'Batman Beyond', 'The Batman' animated series, 'Batman Begins', 'Batman: Gotham Knight', and 'The Dark Knight'. For me personally, these are the only series/movies ever created to truly depict Batman in his true self. I personally feel that 'Batman: The Animated Series' was the ONLY series to ever do it right consistently.

----------------------------------------------------

Batman, no matter were depicted, has shown to be incredibly resourceful at defeating enemies. He is also known for having a huge understanding of the most advanced current technology, which is usually built and tested at his company, Wayne Enterprises.

Lets assume that Wayne Enterprises existed within the Stargate Universe (ie: there was a Gotham City in the USA, with Batman). Given that a few companies have learned of information in regard to the stargate program, its a safe bet to assume that Batman would take notice and begin to investigate. Given his skill set, I wouldn't put it past him to obtain a portion, if not all, of the SGC's database. I wouldn't put it past him to reverse engineer technology, and sheesh, if he had access to the Asgard Core for any amount of time.....

In 'The Batman', Batman took over the new Justice Leagues space station, BEFORE they even approached Batman for the 'job'.

In 'Batman: Gotham Knight', he obtained basic shield technology (at the very least, the same thing Apophis had during the Nox episode I believe).

In 'Batman Beyond', he had developed anti-gravity technology for propulsion on his new bat-mobile. I'm assuming that the technology was first developed at Wayne Enterprises, were essentially, Batman tested and evaluated the technology on the new bat-mobile, before introducing it to the general population, given its wide use in the series. In the same series energy weapons are also depicted. Hell, Batman's suit in that series was capable of flight, active cloaking, physical enhanced abilities (10x stronger), etc.

On many occasions of 'Batman: The Animated Series', Batman has had to create antidotes or chemicals, that wouldn't be normally known to the general public. This shows an incredible knowledge of chemistry/genetics. I wouldn't put it past him to a) come up with the ancient gene b) take full advantage of the DNA Re-sequencer built by the Ancients.

In 'Batman Begins', using his resources, he was able to quickly come up with an antidote to Scarecrow's toxin. In 'The Dark Knight', he was able to exploit cell phone systems for sonar based 3d topographical imaging.

Imagine the type of Armor he could develop utilizing Anubis's production facilities of Super Soldier armor. Even if he didn't have access to it, he could probably retrofit the SS armor with his armor, creating a sort of armor hybrid.

-------------------------------

I never intended to defend the Ancients position, since generally, we know what they can do. In my personally opinion, Batman can do generally the same things - given time and resources.

But one thing he will always do better then the ancients is his stuff will be more effective, efficient, and he will utilize better methods of practical application.

I personally feel Batman would become indestructible and would own the Ancients, ascended or not.

Discuss amongst yourselves

Batman. All the way.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Of course Batman would win, he's the ****ing Batman!
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

i'm gonna have to go with batman. though, spiderman might put up a good fight too
        sigpic

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by IMDB
        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
        Hehe

Comment

Well if we're assuming that batman is a genious just below the level of McKay he'd still be far below the ancients.
          And we've seen ancients do incredible things and i guess it has alot to do with how close to ascension they are.

Ancients all the way i'd say, perhaps not in a fistfight but in everything else.

Comment

I think we all know who would win.

Comment

batman. he probably has a smaller version of merlin's weapon in his utility belt. and he has owned superman on countless occasions.
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                batman. he probably has a smaller version of merlin's weapon in his utility belt. and he has owned superman on countless occasions.
                Exactly. Everyone knows Batman comes prepared. An ancient? He'll have the anti-prior weapon. An Ascended, Merlin's weapon.
                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ekkehart View Post
                  Well if we're assuming that batman is a genious just below the level of McKay he'd still be far below the ancients.
                  And we've seen ancients do incredible things and i guess it has alot to do with how close to ascension they are.

Ancients all the way i'd say, perhaps not in a fistfight but in everything else.
                  Batman IS a genius

Even if he himself is not familiar with the technology or science behind it, he is able to enlist people who are. This isn't to say that he doesn't know much.

If you go with the animated series, Bruce Wayne while growing up studied everything (math, science, chemistry, physics, etc) on top of his martial arts training. While Bruce himself was motivated on his own to learn martial arts, it is written that Alfred, his butler, encouraged him to sharpen his mind even further by studying.

In most cases, Batman does not rely on his fighting abilities, but rather his thinking abilities.

If he wasn't smart like that, he wouldn't of utilized his company, Wayne Enterprises, and its many divisions to built technology he would use as Batman. In fact, he is always one step ahead of everyone because of his knowledge and exploitation of new emerging technology.

I'm also presuming that the Ancients, generally, only a very very very small percentage depicted abilities close to or at the level McKay experienced through that Ancient Ascend-o machine. If it were otherwise, they would of had a significant advantage over the Wraith, as the Atlantis team pointed out - and the fact that the Ancients were trying to build such a machine proved that those abilities were not widespread throughout the Ancient civilization.

And as I stated, with the DNA Re-sequencer, I wouldn't put it past Batman to altering his DNA to gain similar powers. The real question is - would he do it, not whether he could.

Comment

Batman could work his way through any plain of existence. He's a detective hero remember?

I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Batman would ascend himself to beat an ancient! But Bruce Wayne would not stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Batman would ascend himself to beat an ancient! But Bruce Wayne would not stand a chance.
                        that millionaire playboy? what does he have to do with batman?!
                        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                          that millionaire playboy? what does he have to do with batman?!
                          Billionaire playboy.
                          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

batman FTW
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ancients. I have to say that because, well I'm me.

Comment

Working...
                              X