Planet of the Dead (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
    Ok, I'll admit, the music was awful! Totally took me out of the episode. But anyway...

I loved Michelle Ryan's character. She was brilliant - a real match for the Doctor. I hope we'll be seeing more of her. And could she be River Song...?

The episode as a whole... Ok. Relatively exciting, but not enough plot to really pull me in. And the ending was far too drawn out, and frankly it was ridiculous how long it took them to close the wormhole. UNIT just wouldn't wait that long. As soon as... that captain person... heard that the bus was out, she would/should have told whatisname to close the wormhole. But as a whole a fun episode. The next one doesn't look particularly good though...
    It was mostly rehashed music, nothing new
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodmanbod View Post
      is it me or are UNIT useless all of a sudden? That said, so were the police and the guards at the gallery. Does the show get any kind of official advice etc like some shows do? just found how they were all portrayed as idiots a bit annoying.

If you are guarding something its a good idea to be watching it, dont have everyone stand with their back to it. Also the whole chase scene with the bus was rubbish, the driver would have pulled over straight away Dont get me started on the woman in charge of unit who was firing a hand gun in the air without even aiming properly at fast moving strongly armed targets and then saying "Guns dont work! I dont believe it!" Aren't Unit meant to be the best of the best and trained to expect the unexpected? Metal aliens have just come through a wormhole and your handgun doesnt work, big surprise.

/rant
      Actually the line was "Guns That work. I don't beleive it." It was followed by shots of the alien being blasted out of the air.

It was a call back to the old doctor who line: 'Just once I'd like ot meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets'
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
        It was mostly rehashed music, nothing new
        Really? Huh. It really stood out for me. Maybe it was how it was played. It was far too overdone. Took attention away from the action.
        ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Really? Huh. It really stood out for me. Maybe it was how it was played. It was far too overdone. Took attention away from the action.
          I wasn't passin comment on what you said, just a fact, dont think there was new music, maybe i agree, im not sure, i dont usually notice the music, but then i only noticed it to say "heard it before"

I Like Getting things first, usually the UK is so far behind the US i dont get to really discuss, but with DW and now Red Dwarf, i like it
          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Yes, that was rather odd for the Doctor to send them to uninhabited planets. They need to eat. So really, he just committed genocide...
            But the planets he'll be sending them to are uninhabited: they'll be eating rock and stuff, not people. Turning rocks and ores and stuff into sand doesn't count as genocide (I imagine the Doctor would check that there isn't a race of sentient stones on any of the worlds he picks.)

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
              I wasn't passin comment on what you said, just a fact, dont think there was new music, maybe i agree, im not sure, i dont usually notice the music, but then i only noticed it to say "heard it before"
              Oh I know! I was just surprised cos I didn't think I'd heard it before...

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
              But the planets he'll be sending them to are uninhabited: they'll be eating rock and stuff, not people. Turning rocks and ores and stuff into sand doesn't count as genocide (I imagine the Doctor would check that there isn't a race of sentient stones on any of the worlds he picks.)
              Ah! I forgot they eat dead things too!

Comment

Yes, that was rather odd for the Doctor to send them to uninhabited planets. They need to eat. So really, he just committed genocide...
                I think he probably meant planets with unintelligent life on.

Comment

The Doctor wouldn't do that - unintelligent life evolves. He wouldn't deny them their chance at a future.

Comment

He would not do genocide either. but he can easily just visit a planet couple billions years in the future no intelligence life divert the worm hole.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 11 April 2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

It sounded like the theme from Indiana Jones

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        He would not do genocide either. but he can easily just visit a planet couple years in the future no intelligence life divert the worm hole.
                        He does do genocide, he wiped out the Daleks (three times) the Cybermen, the spiders from The Runaway Bride and many more

Comment

Well that didn't change my opinion on Dr. Who at all..... It was utter rubbish, but unfortunately not the point where I could make fun of it . Though it did give me a funny image of Museum managers standing around looking at CCTV and going "I told you with should have put lazer beams going across the top of the artefact too! Or at least have one of the guards looking at it!"
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            He would not do genocide either. but he can easily just visit a planet couple years in the future no intelligence life divert the worm hole.
                            Nope. Although one species(es) of intelligent life may have stopped on a planet, that isn't to say that another might evolve. There are so many different forms of life.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                            He does do genocide, he wiped out the Daleks (three times) the Cybermen, the spiders from The Runaway Bride and many more
                            Those were special cases! I'm talking about creatures that have so much potential here, whose destiny hasn't even been written yet.
                            OK, I've been watching too much Dr Who!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I think it's safe to assume that the 'he will tap four times' means that 'our lord and master' will be returning shortly.
                              I'm wondering now if thats to obvious, but then, who else could beat Davros

Comment

I just watched half of "The Planet of Dead". it sound so good,

I discovered that "Doctor Who Forum" banned everyone from posting. What's big deal ?!?

Next episode on Doctor Who: " The Waters of Mars"

Comment

Working...
                                X