Planet of the Dead (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loke13 View Post
    I loved Michelle she was brilliant she worked really well with the doctor I hpe they bring er back to be a companion for Matt Smith.
    I too watched this again and I have to change my mind about Michelle Ryan. She wasn't as bad as I had first thought. Certainly she did way better then her other TV role as the Bionic Woman. Now that show really sucked.

But in DW she was great.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I think cos that would have taken alot more time than they had in the end. Besides either way whether it's a double decker bus or not, to ship something that big then it will cost alot. even if it's in pieces and can assemble on the other end. In the end the biggest problem with the double decker bus was that it was destroyed in transit.....
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i watched it again when it was repeated on abc2 and i still enjoyed it. the doctor and Michelle Ryan's character worked well together so did the actors i hope the do bring her back again in the future
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          I think cos that would have taken alot more time than they had in the end. Besides either way whether it's a double decker bus or not, to ship something that big then it will cost alot. even if it's in pieces and can assemble on the other end. In the end the biggest problem with the double decker bus was that it was destroyed in transit.....
          True. I wasn't really thinking that they would have to ship stuff either way, but they probably didn't have the resources to build it from scratch in Dubai. It was just terrible luck that it was damaged. Who would have guessed? Thanks for the reply!

Comment

I actually really loved this
            Michelle Ryan was great! I would love if she came back.

I mean even though she "was" a thief doesn't mean she couldn't change her ways.
            Why didn't the Doctor let her come with him?
            sigpic
            My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
              Why didn't the Doctor let her come with him?
              The excuse he gave is that he travels alone at this point.

It makes sense with his development into a dark and solitary figure, completed in "The Waters of Mars".
              sigpic
              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                The excuse he gave is that he travels alone at this point.

It makes sense with his development into a dark and solitary figure, completed in "The Waters of Mars".
                Yeah I hope she comes back too. She's fun..... Her character was fun too.. She would have made a great companion.

Comment

Just caught this again, on Bluray... wow it's bad. Kind of one of the reasons I'm not so upset that RTD is no longer in charge of the show.

My favourite from the 2009 Specials was definitely "Waters of Mars" - though with certain negatives itself, at least it chiefly entertains and seeks to frighten. This was like a DW mardi gras float. I'll shelve this one with such disasters as "Daleks in Manhattan"/"Evolution of the Daleks" and "Voyage of the Damned"... [shudder]
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                    Just caught this again, on Bluray... wow it's bad. Kind of one of the reasons I'm not so upset that RTD is no longer in charge of the show.

My favourite from the 2009 Specials was definitely "Waters of Mars" - though with certain negatives itself, at least it chiefly entertains and seeks to frighten. This was like a DW mardi gras float. I'll shelve this one with such disasters as "Daleks in Manhattan"/"Evolution of the Daleks" and "Voyage of the Damned"... [shudder]
                    Though there aren't any Doctor Who stories I flat-out dislike other than Love & Monsters (I think there's a near universal dislike for that episode ), Planet of the Dead comes close. I mean I don't dislike the story but something about DeSouza just doesn't click with me. I think part of it is her being a thief (that's not something I'm going to get past being in law enforcement) but there's something else about her that I'm not too sure about. *shrugs* I'll definitely watch this story if it's on BBC but it's definitely not an episode I'll go out of my way to watch.
                    sigpic

Comment

For me Voyage Of The Damned is a bad episode........ Just so much to not like there.

Comment

I'm not very critical when it comes to DW and the tenth Doctor is really growing on me. This episode was interesting, even if not on a par with my favorites.
                        sigpic

Comment

Planet of the dead was fantastic fun.

I just wish Christina had become a companion.

Comment

Yeah, me too. The Doctor's gone through these episodes of not wanting a companion at times. I hated the way Martha got short shrift after he lost Rose, for example. That was a big part of my antipathy towards the 10th Doctor in the beginning. Of course, I know already that the Doctor will have a companion again, even if not the 10th.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X