Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Colonel

Default Re: Planet of the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    I loved it and I enjoyed Michelle Ryan in DW. I have her Bionic Woman series on DVD. Yes it has issues but it could've been a better series if not cut so short. Though I wish they'd let her keep the accent for BW. I have Jekyll to watch still so I guess I'm becoming a Michelle Ryan fan.

I liked BW too but they really yanked that show to bits and then cut it off at 9 episodes....What a total waste?

And yeah would have loved the show more had they kept her proper voice in the show. The bit that dragged that down for me was how it was too much like a bionic version of Glmore Girls with her and her sister. I wanted that brat knocked off.

She was brilliant in Planet Of The Dead.

As for Jecyll I didn't get some of that. Why capture the children like that? Those people reminded me of Torchwood. They'd certainly have fitted in well with Torchwood.

So I finally get around to watch some Merlin and realise Michelle Ryan is in that too. My son is going to be one happy camper.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

I watched the hour confidential for this episode, and they talk about how the production shipped overseas a double-decker bus to Dubai to film this episode. With the expense of shipping halfway across the world, insurance, etc, I would think it would have been cheaper and quicker to just build a decent replica of a double-decker in Dubai. I wonder why they didn't do that.

i really like this episode

Probie

Default Re: Planet of the Dead (2009)

I loved Michelle she was brilliant she worked really well with the doctor I hpe they bring er back to be a companion for Matt Smith.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I loved Michelle she was brilliant she worked really well with the doctor I hpe they bring er back to be a companion for Matt Smith.
    I too watched this again and I have to change my mind about Michelle Ryan. She wasn't as bad as I had first thought. Certainly she did way better then her other TV role as the Bionic Woman. Now that show really sucked.

But in DW she was great.

I think cos that would have taken alot more time than they had in the end. Besides either way whether it's a double decker bus or not, to ship something that big then it will cost alot. even if it's in pieces and can assemble on the other end. In the end the biggest problem with the double decker bus was that it was destroyed in transit.....
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

i watched it again when it was repeated on abc2 and i still enjoyed it. the doctor and Michelle Ryan's character worked well together so did the actors i hope the do bring her back again in the future

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I think cos that would have taken alot more time than they had in the end. Besides either way whether it's a double decker bus or not, to ship something that big then it will cost alot. even if it's in pieces and can assemble on the other end. In the end the biggest problem with the double decker bus was that it was destroyed in transit.....
    True. I wasn't really thinking that they would have to ship stuff either way, but they probably didn't have the resources to build it from scratch in Dubai. It was just terrible luck that it was damaged. Who would have guessed? Thanks for the reply!

I actually really loved this
    Michelle Ryan was great! I would love if she came back.

I mean even though she "was" a thief doesn't mean she couldn't change her ways.
    Why didn't the Doctor let her come with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1969 View Post
    Why didn't the Doctor let her come with him?
    The excuse he gave is that he travels alone at this point.

It makes sense with his development into a dark and solitary figure, completed in "The Waters of Mars".

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
    The excuse he gave is that he travels alone at this point.

It makes sense with his development into a dark and solitary figure, completed in "The Waters of Mars".
    Yeah I hope she comes back too. She's fun..... Her character was fun too.. She would have made a great companion.

Just caught this again, on Bluray... wow it's bad. Kind of one of the reasons I'm not so upset that RTD is no longer in charge of the show.

My favourite from the 2009 Specials was definitely "Waters of Mars" - though with certain negatives itself, at least it chiefly entertains and seeks to frighten. This was like a DW mardi gras float. I'll shelve this one with such disasters as "Daleks in Manhattan"/"Evolution of the Daleks" and "Voyage of the Damned"... [shudder]

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Just caught this again, on Bluray... wow it's bad. Kind of one of the reasons I'm not so upset that RTD is no longer in charge of the show.

My favourite from the 2009 Specials was definitely "Waters of Mars" - though with certain negatives itself, at least it chiefly entertains and seeks to frighten. This was like a DW mardi gras float. I'll shelve this one with such disasters as "Daleks in Manhattan"/"Evolution of the Daleks" and "Voyage of the Damned"... [shudder]
    Though there aren't any Doctor Who stories I flat-out dislike other than Love & Monsters (I think there's a near universal dislike for that episode ), Planet of the Dead comes close. I mean I don't dislike the story but something about DeSouza just doesn't click with me. I think part of it is her being a thief (that's not something I'm going to get past being in law enforcement) but there's something else about her that I'm not too sure about. *shrugs* I'll definitely watch this story if it's on BBC but it's definitely not an episode I'll go out of my way to watch.

Colonel

For me Voyage Of The Damned is a bad episode........ Just so much to not like there.

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

I'm not very critical when it comes to DW and the tenth Doctor is really growing on me. This episode was interesting, even if not on a par with my favorites.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Colonel

Planet of the dead was fantastic fun.

I just wish Christina had become a companion.

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Yeah, me too. The Doctor's gone through these episodes of not wanting a companion at times. I hated the way Martha got short shrift after he lost Rose, for example. That was a big part of my antipathy towards the 10th Doctor in the beginning. Of course, I know already that the Doctor will have a companion again, even if not the 10th.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789