Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Planet of the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by stargatefan234 View Post
    I wasn't passin comment on what you said, just a fact, dont think there was new music, maybe i agree, im not sure, i dont usually notice the music, but then i only noticed it to say "heard it before"
    Oh I know! I was just surprised cos I didn't think I'd heard it before...

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine View Post
    But the planets he'll be sending them to are uninhabited: they'll be eating rock and stuff, not people. Turning rocks and ores and stuff into sand doesn't count as genocide (I imagine the Doctor would check that there isn't a race of sentient stones on any of the worlds he picks.)
    Ah! I forgot they eat dead things too!
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Quote Originally Posted by LiliJ View Post
    Yes, that was rather odd for the Doctor to send them to uninhabited planets. They need to eat. So really, he just committed genocide...
    I think he probably meant planets with unintelligent life on.

The Doctor wouldn't do that - unintelligent life evolves. He wouldn't deny them their chance at a future.

He would not do genocide either. but he can easily just visit a planet couple billions years in the future no intelligence life divert the worm hole.
    Last edited by knowles2; April 11th, 2009 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiliJ View Post
    Really? Huh. It really stood out for me. Maybe it was how it was played. It was far too overdone. Took attention away from the action.
    It sounded like the theme from Indiana Jones

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    He would not do genocide either. but he can easily just visit a planet couple years in the future no intelligence life divert the worm hole.
    He does do genocide, he wiped out the Daleks (three times) the Cybermen, the spiders from The Runaway Bride and many more

Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released

Well that didn't change my opinion on Dr. Who at all..... It was utter rubbish, but unfortunately not the point where I could make fun of it . Though it did give me a funny image of Museum managers standing around looking at CCTV and going "I told you with should have put lazer beams going across the top of the artefact too! Or at least have one of the guards looking at it!"

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    He would not do genocide either. but he can easily just visit a planet couple years in the future no intelligence life divert the worm hole.
    Nope. Although one species(es) of intelligent life may have stopped on a planet, that isn't to say that another might evolve. There are so many different forms of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefgirl View Post
    He does do genocide, he wiped out the Daleks (three times) the Cybermen, the spiders from The Runaway Bride and many more
    Those were special cases! I'm talking about creatures that have so much potential here, whose destiny hasn't even been written yet.
    OK, I've been watching too much Dr Who!

Brigadier General stargatefan234's Avatar

Default Re: well that was a load of rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
    Spoiler:
    I think it's safe to assume that the 'he will tap four times' means that 'our lord and master' will be returning shortly.
    I'm wondering now if thats to obvious, but then, who else could beat Davros

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

First Lieutenant Earthgate Ricky's Avatar
    David H, Paul M, & Nathan F are hot trio!

I just watched half of "The Planet of Dead". it sound so good,

I discovered that "Doctor Who Forum" banned everyone from posting. What's big deal ?!?

Next episode on Doctor Who: " The Waters of Mars"

Quote Originally Posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
    I discovered that "Doctor Who Forum" banned everyone from posting. What's big deal ?!?
    Slightly off-topic: Forum patrons are allowed to post, it's just that guests and regular posters aren't allowed access to it. This is to prevent the forum from dying due to the massive increase in traffic after a special has aired.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

My hopes for a better special were dashed. This special held zero tention and bored me quite frankly to tears. That insect race looked rubbish, the story was a not very well mixed stew of well known elements from movies like Stargate, Tomb Raider, Indiana Jones and I stick with Pitch Black for the planet with the three suns, oh and throw in Independence Day for aliens that move from planet to planet like locusts. Lee Evans and the ridiulous accent annoyed the hell out of me, Michelle Ryan CAN'T ACT, the black lady was just annoying and UNIT has turned into a bunch of dumb little soliders from some B-Flick. What a joke. I really had to force myself to watch this thing through. One last note about the music. Terrible. Murray I usually adore what you do but either the mixing was really off or the music really was just as bad as I perceived it to be. In the last half he tried to be as swashbuckling as David Arnold and mostly failed but the worst parts were the first 2/3 of the score. The only thing I liked? The flying bus.

I agree the one who comes through the drak knocking four times is the Master. No question.
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

1. I actually liked Lady Christina, surprised the writers aren't keeping her on for the next few specials at least.

2. Idiot DCI - I think you have bigger fish to fry than a missing jewel thief.

3. Malcolm, meh.

4. Tractovores - decent allies.

5. A flying bus will make you stand out like a sore thub milady!

Overall, very good ep!

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valen_sinclair View Post
    michelle ryan was dreadful! that woman simply can not act her way out of a poorly rendered double decker bus....
    i really liked her

Ok.

You know what.

I was wrong.

You all hear that?

That's the sound of hell freezing over.

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I WAS WRONG!

This ep.

Was cracking!

(If you'll pardon the pun)

Fantastic use of UNIT - back on form, just as they should be, engaging a potential threat with competance and style. And with a few tricks up their own sleeve. And did you check out those bloody missile systems!? I think I'm having a gun-gasm. #

Flying bus!? Loved it.

Companion!? Bloody hell, let's have her back shall we. She outclassed Martha and Rose easily.

Very, VERY happy with that episode.

Only gripe. How the hell is it that extras can seem to wear a military beret with no issues, but speaking roles can't. Ross Jenkins, and now the good Captain? As I have always said to a wet behind the ears recruit, and will always continue to say -

IT'S A BLOODY BERET! NOT A BLOODY BEANIE!

Honestly. The beret perches nicely on your head. Snugly, but not so it's pulled over that it adopts the SHAPE of your head.

Seriously - someone on set knows how to mould a beret properly - why can't they ensure everyone gets it right?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

One thing I hate about living in the US, no new Doctor Who....enjoy it, while I sit here! Oh well, i'll find a way to watch it eventually.

While I didn't think this ep was sheer brilliance, I did think it was fun. The "knock four times" thing was a pretty big (and cool) hint, and I liked the reference back to the Doctor's song ending soon.

Having seen the preview I'd gotten a bit of a Langoliers vibe off it so I was glad to see that the story didn't pan out in a remotely similar way, though the evil alien space stingrays were kinda fun. Not sure the science behind what they do is very sound (I'd put it right up there with Superman reversing time by flying really fast around the planet), but I'm willing to make allowances for now.

My BIGGEST gripe, and it's a silly one, is WTF was up with the earpieces? EARpieces? for ALIENS WHO DON'T HAVE EARS?! Or at least not external ones. And certainly not external ones that match the exact contours of a human ear. HA!

Oh, there were other plot holes and things that nagged and it lacked a certain epic-ness, but like I said, it was still a fun outing and on the whole I was happy with it, ears and all.

When's the next one due?

I forgot how much I love Doctor Who!!!

I loved the new companion. She should come back!

Oh, and as Ukky just pointed out to me... "Why didn't the Doctor just have UNIT send through another vehicle?" You could probably even get one with... sand tires or whatever.

You have a point but it wouldn't be as fun that way and it would be a very boring episode