Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Dollhouse' Being Sent To The Attic ?

http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/arch..._canceled.html

Big surprise. Why did he even bother working for Fox again? Jeez...
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Rumors may be premature. Felicia and Jed both Tweeted that the 13th ep wasn't going to air and fans naturally went into Panic Mode, but FOX pointed out a couple of articles from Hitfix and E! Online (which contains spoilers) that seem to indicate that FOX only ever planned to air 12 eps and the 13th was predestined for DVD-Land.

HOWEVER I still fully expect Dollhouse to be sent to the Attic and think it's only a matter of time before "wild" rumor turns into confirmed fact. I mean, this is FOX after all.

Comment

I wonder, if Dollhouse gets canceled will it get picked up by SciFi? They've lost BSG and the only series they that next fall that might get good rating would be SGU.

Anyway, I don't think a cancellation will come as a surprise to most viewers. Fox's notorious for canceling a lot of series after 1 or 2 seasons. I think that a second season would be more shocking, especially considering the slow beginning of Dollhouse, than it being canceled.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          I wonder, if Dollhouse gets canceled will it get picked up by SciFi? They've lost BSG and the only series they that next fall that might get good rating would be SGU.
          Caprica?
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
            Caprica?
            I don't know about that one, it seems to be more of a soap than SciFi and that might lose SciFi (or Syfy) the BSG viewers. Furthermore for a long time they had this strong Friday evening with BSG, SG-1 and SGA, so a new Friday evening with Dollhouse, Caprica and SGU might get them better ratings.
            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

The actress who started this all with her tweet later recanted and specifically stated that Dollhouse wasn't being cancelled.

A thirteenth episode was made, not to air on TV, but to fulfill the DVD contract. It wasn't meant to air and just because it isn't, people are freaking out.

Comment

If it's canceled I hope SciFi (SyFy) picks it up and shows the whole first season over spring/summer. I confess I missed all but two of the Dollhouse episodes, so I'd love the chance to see it again before I decide whether or not to get the DVD.

Comment

I think we wont know about a cancellation or renewal untill these a official press release. Within a week we've had a article about Fox leaning towards picking the show up for a second season and now some individual that is blogging that the show will be cancelled becasue whats happening over episode 13.

IMO if its cancelled, i really dont see syfy picking it up. even tho if it could its current rating when tranfered to syfy, which would be very high number for them, i have a feeling that the show cost to much to produce in comparison to the average sci-fi show.

Comment

I KNEW it was a gigantic mistake to work again with Fox. Damn it Joss didn't you learn anything from the last time around? You swore never to work with Fox again and here we are again....
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Don't jump to any conclusions boys and girls

http://whedonesque.com/comments/19822#304585

Okay. So maybe I can help clarify this somewhat. Because we scrapped the original pilot -- and in fact cannibalized some of its parts for other eps -- we really ended up with 12 episodes. But the studio makes DVD and other deals based on the original 13 number. So we created a standalone kind of coda episode. Which is the mythical new episode 13. The network had already paid for 13 episodes, and this included the one they agreed to let us scrap for parts. It does not include the one we made to bring the number back up to 13 for the studio side and its obligations. We always knew it would be for the DVD for sure, but we also think Fox should air it because it’s awesome.

Tim Minear | April 09, 21:47 CET
                      It was NEVER going to air on Fox.
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        IMO if its cancelled, i really dont see syfy picking it up. even tho if it could its current rating when tranfered to syfy, which would be very high number for them, i have a feeling that the show cost to much to produce in comparison to the average sci-fi show.
                        Those costs would be nothing compared to the revenue created by getting high ratings, advertisers would love to buy commericial time during those shows.

But, as an alternative, what about the CW? Supernatural is ending next year and it would kinda fit their line-up.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I think Dollhouse would do well on CW.

According to Apr 9 Tweet by @drhorrible
                          "Dollhouse Ep 13 bottom line: If more people watch Dollhouse LIVE, the higher our chances for a 2nd season(AKA airing 13). Pass it on. xoDrH"

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Problem with people watching it live is that it's airing on a Friday night, so a lot of people TiVo it. Another large group can't watch it live and has to rely on other means to watch it.

Imo the whole ratings thing is out of date and if they really want to see how well a show is doing, they should check the torrent sites and see how popular the torrents are. It would also give them a good indication of how well DVD sales and such will be.
                            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

There's also the fact that even though I watch it live I'm not a Nielsen member, so what I do doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X