• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haunted (110)

Visit the Episode GuideDOLLHOUSE - SEASON ONE
    HAUNTED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 110

After a friend of Adelle's dies, she is temporarily brought back in Echo's body and decides to solve her own murder. Agent Ballard investigates Mellie's background, and must decide whether to continue their relationship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:05 PM.

I am the first ? o_O Like for real? Wow.

In danger of repeating myself from last week (and the week before and the week before that) but that was a great episode! I actually loved all of it. The dead client who wants to solve her own murder (for a fan of mystery novel this was an interesting twist) It also fitted in a way well with "Caprica" and "BSG" and the eternal question: what makes a person real and what exactly happened here. Echo was basically Adele's best friend in every sense there is. What about her soul? Would it be possible to cheat death and become almost immortal with that machine. Really, Dollhouse is getting better and better. Oh please let it have a second season. Pleeease!
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Yep it certainly seem like the machine enables you to cheat death. She was that person in every single way and it seemed to be 100% accurate representation with no side effects. Apart from the two weeks memory lost because that how long it was since her last scan. All they need is a way to make the device recording the memories small enough to fit into the skull and then they would not loose any time. An cloning technology to create the perfect immortality system.

A other thing I thought was weird was there was know echo when she had a actual real person imprinted on her, no resurfacing of past memories, no subconsciousle. This I suspect to me that it not the hardware that is at fault with the Dolls but the software that goes into them.
      But using the machine for immortality seemed more than possible but they the the Dollhouse seem to off ban it use for that purpose. They certainly do not care much about money.

I thought Topher scenes were fun and we learnt a bit more about him and that he lonely. And well I would not mind that personality for a friend, someone who is hot, into scfi tv programs, playing with laser guns, um yep they certainly do not come like that in real life or may be I do not hang out in the right places.

I thought it was interesting in how they allowed him to break the rules once a year, it shows that she cares for her employees. .

So there a Dollhouse in Manhattan.
      Last edited by knowles2; 25 April 2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I loved the implant Sierra got.

Comment

That episode was wild. Joss Whedon's brain just works differently from the rest of humanity.

The only thing I would have changed about this episode would have been to have made that ethical debate Adelle had with Boyd go on a little longer. It was interesting because it does come down to the old question of "what makes a person?" I remember this was a big deal for Atlantis fandom a while back.

In any case, I loved this episode. It was brilliant and I hope against hope that we will see more.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            The only thing I would have changed about this episode would have been to have made that ethical debate Adelle had with Boyd go on a little longer.
            I think it was longer originally, it went from him knowing very little to her asking for his opinion and he knowing everything in the cut from Adelle to Boyd, he was also standing in a different part of the office to what he had been 3 seconds before (IIRC lol).

All in, another great episode.

Not sure where they are going with the FBI sub-plot, are they implying the FBI is involved with the dollhouse as well? Seems the Dollhouse is trying so hard to avoid the FBI & CIA when the two agencies are going out their way to help them...

Also... Is Agent Ballard a sleeper too?
            Sierra said something about setting the two sleepers onto each other and taking bet's who would win...
            (I need a rewatch but won't get chance till Tuesday).
            Last edited by Ian-S; 25 April 2009, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
              I am the first ? o_O Like for real? Wow.

In danger of repeating myself from last week (and the week before and the week before that) but that was a great episode! I actually loved all of it. The dead client who wants to solve her own murder (for a fan of mystery novel this was an interesting twist) It also fitted in a way well with "Caprica" and "BSG" and the eternal question: what makes a person real and what exactly happened here. Echo was basically Adele's best friend in every sense there is. What about her soul? Would it be possible to cheat death and become almost immortal with that machine. Really, Dollhouse is getting better and better. Oh please let it have a second season. Pleeease!
              If it were really her soul she would still have the memories of the last 2 weeks of her life and not just everything up until her last "memory scan"
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

You could argue that it was a copy of her soulup to the point of the last scan.
                But that depends on what you believe is a soul.
                I believe it just memories your and your experience, which all contribute and create your personality.
                Last edited by knowles2; 26 April 2009, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  You could argue that it was a copy of her soulup to the point of the last scan.
                  But that depends on what you believe is a soul.
                  I believe it just memories your and your experience, which all contribute and create your personality.
                  Personality, yeah - I'd agree with that. But to me a soul is your life-force and consciousness. The whole concept of the show is a huge suspension of disbelief for me though so I don't really have a problem buying into it for 45 minutes.

Even if I don't see things the way it's presented, it's still interesting to watch and think about. It's really no different than time travel on LOST or matter streams in Stargate.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

uh different beliefs on what make us human and what is a soul. I did wish there was more of that in the episode. They are interesting questions. Got feeling the Fox may of intervene and cut short the discussions on this with in the show.

They generally cut things short which they do not like.

Comment

Working...
                    X