• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Spy In The House Of Love (109)

Visit the Episode GuideDOLLHOUSE - SEASON ONE
    A SPY IN THE HOUSE OF LOVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 109

While Miss DeWitt is away the Dollhouse discovers that they have a traitor in their midst, leaving Topher and Dominic to try and identify the mole. Paul discovers Mellie's secret in a shocking way.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:05 PM.

That episode was crazy!

So Dominic was a spy, but it seems he is not THE spy. The spy clearly outed him. So, we're not done with all that yet.

The erasing of Dominic was quite harsh and brutal. And Boss Lady was shot and just stood there! That's was nuts! And so sad that she was really Ms. Lonelyhearts.

I think something was different with Echo's very first wipe and that's why she flashes back the way she does.

Anyway, crazy! Loved it!
    Last edited by Amalthea; 10 April 2009, 09:37 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Innteresting stuff. Adele being Miss Lonelyhearts was both sad and creepy, but I am so with her on Victor as a substitute Bond type. Yum!

Felt kinda sorry for Ballard finding out his girlfriend is a doll. Man, what a mood killer that was! Poor guy! He's already going a bit nuts and I really don't think this is going to help him. *pats poor CrazyBallard*

Victor was all kinds of hot tonight AND he raised an interesting subject, for which I see there is already a thread. And as I said there, I think if anyone in the Dollhouse were to be revealed as a doll, it'd be Adele herself. And speaking for myself, if I worked in a place like the Dollhouse I know that question would constantly nag at the back of my paranoid little monkeybrain: "How do I know that I'm not a doll??" Was it just me, or did Adele get that creepy, self-questioning look when Victor was talking? Could be way off base, of course, but I DO think it'd be a good way to make sure you were in absolute control of a world-spanning "project" like the Dollhouse: make sure all your leaders were dolls, themselves.

I also think that someone has been messing with Echo's wipes. This last one in particular (or the one that started the ep, anyway) left her seeming particularly observant and when she came to Topher with her suggestion of being imprinted I couldn't help wondering if it was just "her" asking or if it was some kind of ghost print left by whoever has been sending messages to Ballard.

And speaking of Topher, did you see the look on his face after Victor suggested that Ivy might "like" him? LMAO! He's a little skeeve, but darn, that was funny!

We also now know exactly what getting "sent to the Attic" means- it's a step BEYOND the Tabula Rasa state where even the basics aren't left behind. Or that's what I got from it, anyway. Sort of a vegetable thing.

EDIT: OK, so the drug ep kinda rules out the whole "employees are dolls" thing. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted! LOL!
      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 10 April 2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Nice episode and it fits nicely in the line of episodes getting better since ep 6 now that the main arc's really kicking in.

This episode left me wondering when Echo's going to get a composite event like Alpha, seeing as she's been getting more self-aware. And with Boyd as head of security and deWitt not taking action against Echo, I wonder what'll happen when she does get the event, will she go beserk like Alpha?

Anyway, Topher was amusing as always and his interrogation by Echo was rather funny, mostly because it confirmed how small and big his ego are at the same time.

Eliza's outfits this episode and seeing her Faith-out against Domenic were most enjoyable to watch.

Also, does anyone else wonder whether or not it's Alpha who's giving the extra parameters, by means of Domenic, or is it in the NSA's best in to reveal all that information to Ballard?
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

That was a crazy episode. The best part for me though was when Boyd said "We're pimps and killers, but in a philanthropic way."
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Minor detail I suppose, but did anyone else notice that the ocean wasn't moving behind Victor and Adelle? I don't know why I caught that, but it was kind of distracting.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              Minor detail I suppose, but did anyone else notice that the ocean wasn't moving behind Victor and Adelle? I don't know why I caught that, but it was kind of distracting.
              I noticed that too, but it didn't really bother me. I just thought it was odd.
              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

What ocean? I was too busy ogling Victor to may much attention to the scenery. LOL!

Comment

I didnt notice the sea being as animated as a wooden plank

silly holodeck must of been malfunctioning :3

ps good episode and so glad the shows picking up in plot even though I doubt it will last more than 1 season (and after this is canceled all I have to look forward to is Caprica assuming I like it)

also poor Helo I bet finding out that creepy neighbor girl being a Doll was a major mind frak and turn off :3

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
                    ...Paul discovers Mellie's secret in a shocking way.
                    Just noticed this. LOL! Is there any way he could have learned her secret in a way that WOULDN'T be shocking??

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                      That was a crazy episode. The best part for me though was when Boyd said "We're pimps and killers, but in a philanthropic way."
                      lol! That was a great line.

Great episode, but dang it....Dominic got tossed in the attic. I enjoyed that character. Oh well he furthered the plot and actually made me sympathetic for him there at the end.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        lol! That was a great line.

Great episode, but dang it....Dominic got tossed in the attic. I enjoyed that character. Oh well he furthered the plot and actually made me sympathetic for him there at the end.
                        Yeah I really liked the character too, but I think that's what made it so shocking - It wouldn't have been the same if it were somebody we've never seen before or somebody that I didn't care about either way.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Great episode it was good to see Echo evolving as they say, i really hope that due to all the flash memories and info left behind after every inprint and wipe that we get a brand new personality to form coz i hate her original personality.

i was also great and very touching to see how echo wouldnt accept her new handler and was reciting the brainwashing words only to still be staring in the eyes of Boyd. i see these two characters developing their relationship into something more. Plus i guess lawrence had it coming i just didnt think he would be the spy. (great fight with echo btw)
                          sigpic

Comment

I never expected it to be Dom. I thought it was the doc.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Just noticed this. LOL! Is there any way he could have learned her secret in a way that WOULDN'T be shocking??
                              Sure there is, is he was captured and turned into a doll then meeting November wouldn't have been shocking.
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X