Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo in Cam 's locker at the End... (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo in Cam 's locker at the End... (Spoilers)

Okay, I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but bear with me.

Just watched this again for the 3rd time last night. The photo at the end is of Grandfather Mitchell and 1929 Mitchell, correct?? Well, I don't understand. If that's the case is the real timeline Cam now ten years older?? Shouldn't none of that have happened??

Someone take pity on me!!! Thanks

Ultimately the timeline didn't change
    The Cam that stop the shinking of the ship 80 years ago. At that time he was 35 or 36. At the most He lived 50 more years to date of 1979.

He would have lived to see himself born and even to help raise himself.
    He would litterally live again, almost a real life reincarnation.

Comment

Really, do we think that he existed twice?? Quite a theory, and I wouldn't have thought it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
        Really, do we think that he existed twice?? Quite a theory, and I wouldn't have thought it!!
        But he did. It's just like in Moebius- SG-1 went back in one timeline, effected a change and ended up in a different timeline than the one they started out in. Twice!

The only thing is, Cam went alone. I find that very sad.

But he wouldn't have helped raise himself, I think. I'm sure that photo was just a picture from this one trip on the Achilles. After the trip he would have lived like a hermit so as not to change the timeline too much.

Comment

I thought that after Cameron killed Ba'al who was trying to sink the ship, he would have killed himself or gone into complete isolation just to prevent himself from messing up time again. He only needed the one grandfather (the captain) to set things right again anyways -- and seeing how perfect the timeline was in the end (how not-messed up it was), I can only assume that Cameron Mitchell did absolutely nothing to change it after killing Ba'al. This, in my opinion could only happen if he was out of the equation for the next 50 years -- thus: either he killed himself, or was in complete isolation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
          MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

When he went back to the old farm house... who do you think the Hendersons were...and why were there a pic of Grandfather Mitchell there??????

Comment

When he went back to the old farm house... who do you think the Hendersons were...and why were there a pic of Grandfather Mitchell there??????
              Friends of the family- neighbors, or possibly Cam's great Aunt and great Uncle (Grandpa's sister and brother-in-law or their descendants). Grandpa died and never married, hence, there is no one around to inherit the farm, so the neighbors bought it. That's the way it works a lot of the time. Probably Grandpa was born and raised on the farm.

Comment

i would imagine that our cam, after killing ba'al and the jaffa, 'sanitized' the scene, likely pushing the corpses out the side of the ship.

things could have played out a couple of ways. he killed his grandfather (presuming that his father had already been born or if this is when grandpa died the first time), killed the first mate and then vanished himself

or

more likely they got the first mate and grandpa to stick to a cover story, cam then likely played a 'national security for the good of the war' card, swore both men to complete and total silence and then vanished, likely changing his name and using the chaos of WWII era to disappear.

It was a lot easier then to vanish, no computers, no real fingerprints, no databases, a simple set of new ID cards and you are someone else
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i would imagine that our cam, after killing ba'al and the jaffa, 'sanitized' the scene, likely pushing the corpses out the side of the ship.

things could have played out a couple of ways. he killed his grandfather (presuming that his father had already been born or if this is when grandpa died the first time), killed the first mate and then vanished himself

or

more likely they got the first mate and grandpa to stick to a cover story, cam then likely played a 'national security for the good of the war' card, swore both men to complete and total silence and then vanished, likely changing his name and using the chaos of WWII era to disappear.

It was a lot easier then to vanish, no computers, no real fingerprints, no databases, a simple set of new ID cards and you are someone else
                  Yikes! I like the second scenario a lot better. I don't think Cam would have killed any good guys! We presume the reason why Cam was never born in the altered timeline is that his Grandfather died on the Achilles. So part of restoring the timeline is that his grandfather must survive, and not just because he's Cam's grandfather- all the crewmen who survived in the original timeline must live. You never know which one of them had an impact in the future.

But yeah, it was easy to disappear back then, even if you didn't intend to. Anyone who's ever studied genealogy is familiar with that!

Comment

Thanks for all the replies...

Thanks most esp. VSS, but of course, Grandpa couldn't have died without marrying otherwise there would be no grandson.

However, I guess those scenarios make some sense...I think they needed to hint more at some or other of them, though....

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                      We presume the reason why Cam was never born in the altered timeline is that his Grandfather died on the Achilles.
                      Exactly, the only reason he did not dissapear with Tealc and Vala was because he was in the wormhole with Sam and Daniel at the time. Although that has always bothered me because Tealc, Vala and the city all should have dissapeared at the exact same time.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies...

Thanks most esp. VSS, but of course, Grandpa couldn't have died without marrying otherwise there would be no grandson.

However, I guess those scenarios make some sense...I think they needed to hint more at some or other of them, though....
                        I love time travel in all of its variations. But, I hope they never do it again for SG-1!

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                        Exactly, the only reason he did not dissapear with Tealc and Vala was because he was in the wormhole with Sam and Daniel at the time. Although that has always bothered me because Tealc, Vala and the city all should have dissapeared at the exact same time.
                        Right, because the timeline change would have appeared to be instantaneous and complete every step along the way, if you're in it at the time. Sam, Cam and Daniel should not have even had memories of Teal'c and Vala, and neither should Jack. They wouldn't have known anything was wrong.

So there wouldn't have been a story.

In fact, the most likely thing would have been that suddenly the new timeline would exist and no one would ever know anything different, just like it happened for everyone else in the universe.

You know, it could have happened to all of us a hundred times over and we'd never know. Kinda creepy, huh?
                        Last edited by VSS; 05 April 2009, 12:55 PM.

Comment

he still probably tossed the corpses out the hole in the ship however. better for the timeline to make them vanish than to try to explain aliens - not to mention the larval goa'uld in the jaffa's tummies
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Right, because the timeline change would have appeared to be instantaneous and complete every step along the way, if you're in it at the time. Sam, Cam and Daniel should not have even had memories of Teal'c and Vala, and neither should Jack. They wouldn't have known anything was wrong.

So there wouldn't have been a story.

In fact, the most likely thing would have been that suddenly the new timeline would exist and no one would ever know anything different, just like it happened for everyone else in the universe.
                            One big "Indeed" to you!

You know, it could have happened to all of us a hundred times over and we'd never know. Kinda creepy, huh?
                            I could have sworn my new neighbor who just moved in looked like he didn't belong.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            he still probably tossed the corpses out the hole in the ship however. better for the timeline to make them vanish than to try to explain aliens - not to mention the larval goa'uld in the jaffa's tummies
                            Yup, there is no way he would allow for an autopsy of the goa'uld once they arrived back.

Also, once Cam killed Ba'al in 1932, none of the Ba'als would have been cloned? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                              Also, once Cam killed Ba'al in 1932, none of the Ba'als would have been cloned? Thoughts?
                              I think that was the 2008 Ba'al he killed. There was another Ba'al running around the universe in 1932 who didn't even know Earth was much of a threat. If he remembered it at all. Until he captured Jack O'Neill in 1992, which was kind of a career-ending move.

Comment

Working...
                              X