Needs (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    What's the deal with Mike, though? Was he just there because he was part of the set or did he genuinely have some issues? Loved the whole "aliens" thing. LOL! I also loved Victor's take charge attitude. His character is really growing on me. I'd say he's second only to Agent Ballard but after that whole dream sequence thing Paul has gone down a bit in my estimation.
    I think he was just there as part of the DH's game maybe. So the others could see what would happen to them if they didn't try to escape. He served as extra motivation to get the ball rolling.

But then again I saw some other people on another board laugh and say maybe Mike's closure was getting abducted by aliens/gov agents and when they hauled him away that full filled his problem. lol.

Victor is one of the very few characters that I'm interested in and whose story I could get invested in, especially as far as the dolls go.

I'm also kinda curious to know what happened to November's daughter. She, at least, seems like one who would want to forget whatever happened.
    Probably some tragic accident that she blamed herself for like drowning, a fire, forgetting and leaving them in a hot vehicle (which honestly I don't see how people could ever do in the first place but apparently they do ), etc.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

What's the deal with Mike, though? Was he just there because he was part of the set or did he genuinely have some issues? Loved the whole "aliens" thing. LOL! I also loved Victor's take charge attitude. His character is really growing on me. I'd say he's second only to Agent Ballard but after that whole dream sequence thing Paul has gone down a bit in my estimation.
      I thought he was just in for it at the beginning because his sleeping pod happened to be in the room with the other "more important" dolls...
      Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
        I thought he was just in for it at the beginning because his sleeping pod happened to be in the room with the other "more important" dolls...
        But they were being manipulated.

Topher had given each of them back just enough of their past/original personality so they could reconcile their problems that were causing the glitches.

So Mike had to be a part of the manipulation since Topher had given him back some memory/personality. Otherwise they could have just left him a wiped doll and he would have emerged as just another doll the next morning like the rest of the house was.

I think they had some reason other than he just happened to be the fifth wheel in the room, but then again.... There was no clear answer for him so it's just how you want to interpret it I guess.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
          But they were being manipulated.

Topher had given each of them back just enough of their past/original personality so they could reconcile their problems that were causing the glitches.

So Mike had to be a part of the manipulation since Topher had given him back some memory/personality. Otherwise they could have just left him a wiped doll and he would have emerged as just another doll the next morning like the rest of the house was.

I think they had some reason other than he just happened to be the fifth wheel in the room, but then again.... There was no clear answer for him so it's just how you want to interpret it I guess.
          In order to play along for some time and then take him away from the others...but as you said it's open for interpretation.
          Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Was in Vancouver and didn't get a chance to watch the ep until last night. Good stuff! I like the Doc's "closure" theory and it was interesting to see how the various dolls reacted.

This ep also gave us confirmation that not everyone volunteered for this, as Sierra was clearly kidnapped in order to be the plaything of that rich, arrogant bat turd. Kinda wish Victor had killed him.

I'm also kinda curious to know what happened to November's daughter. She, at least, seems like one who would want to forget whatever happened.

Topher is an ass. Some of you have said that before, but I found him mildly amusing until now. Blah. Just shoot the sniveling deviant and be done with it.

As for Echo being spared, weren't there bodies in the background of that one scene where the Dollhouse crew found her alive & unharmed after Alpha's rampage? I thought there were, but maybe my imagination is embellishing the memory. Wouldn't be the first time. She was definitely blood-spattered, though.

Oh, and the ending where Victor immediately crawled into is coffin-bed without checking on Sierra first? Very sad.

I was also in Vancouver so didn't get a chance to see it until yesterday. Great episode.

I for one thought Topher was an ass from episode one and haven't really changed my mind. I did find him mildly amusing in his underwear though.

Mike, well as far as I am concerned that was a plot device below Joss Whedon's usual standards to up the risk for the characters we actually know. It was obvious to me from the wake up scene that he was the one that would either get killed or caught. I would have prefered he had a more creative storyline, but its not a major complaint.

Very disturbed by how Sierra was "aquired". Don't get me wrong, what they do to all the dolls is disturbing, but to know that if you have enough money you can get them to agree to make anyone a doll is horrific.

If your imagination is embellishing, mine is doing the exact same thing. I also remember bodies being around Echo.

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
              Mike, well as far as I am concerned that was a plot device below Joss Whedon's usual standards to up the risk for the characters we actually know. It was obvious to me from the wake up scene that he was the one that would either get killed or caught. I would have prefered he had a more creative storyline, but its not a major complaint.
              I have a feeling:

Spoiler:
              He could be Alpha.

Comment

another GREAT episode! i love seeing these little bits of the dolls, and way to go echo calling paul! bet they didn't see that coming

i like that even tho we didn't see a lot of victors past, they way he was acting indicated to me that he was a soldier of some sort. maybe he saw something he shouldn't have and they decided this would be more useful then sending him on a suicide mission or just paying him off.

poor siara. she just can't take a break, can she? i wanna see her get the chance to play a strong active rather then the passive ones she has been.

poor november she's so adorable, as soon as she said she had a kid i figured it was dead. i thought maybe it died through some sort of medical malfunction, and that's how the dollhouse was able to get to her.
                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                "what?"
                *throat punch*
                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I'm two years too late to the party, a friend is borrowing the DVD's so we're slowly working our way through the seasons this was the last one we watched tonight.

Spoiler:
                  I really loved how it explored the essenses of personality, without memories, a person can be who they are, without their exact memories. We get to see Caroline, who she is a peek into her sense of ethics (which we've gotten glimpses of) that they let her keep.

I think that they hinted at the "need for closed loops" in a previous episode, with the picture Echo drew of an unfinished engagement. As the Dr. Put it.

And yes there is creepy then there is CREEPY. I mean lets be honest most of the dolls are not TRUELY there consensually. I mean the choice to die/stay in prison for your whole life or... give five years up to the doll house. Can we really call that a choice? I don't personally. But that it was seemingly forced on Priya/Sierra.

Would I be who I am without most of my memories? I don't know but its a curious concept to explore, enjoying this even if I didn't get to watch enough of it when it was in its first run.

Comment

Working...
                  X