Page 1 of 61 12341151 ... LastLast
    Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Default Tamara Johansen/Alaina Huffman Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

She might be the least experienced medic on the destiny but I have high hopes for Tamara in the series. plus the fact that she is described as tough will get her far
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; June 4th, 2010 at 09:30 PM.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Default Re: Tamara johansen/Alaina Huffman Discussion/Appreciation thread (SGU)

pics from joe's blog http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...te-party-ever/

Alain Huffman yuks it up with husband John.

Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Default Re: Tamara Johansen/Alaina Huffman Discussion/Appreciation thread (SGU)

From the MGM site

Chief Master Sergeant MrMann101's Avatar

Default Tamara Johansen-Now 1st LT *Spoilers*

It said on the new MGM site (which BTW is pretty good) that Johanson is now a 1st Lt.

But I thought she was supposed to be an inexperienced field medic?

This aint me pickng at the new show or anything-cos it looks amazing-but dint they change her rank to MSgt for the very reason above-inexperiance!

That is all.

October=SGU
    November=MW2

BRING ON AUTUM 09.

Brigadier General

Default Re: Tamara Johanson-Now 1st LT

i dont know but first in the character development she was a Captain then for a while there look like she was going to be the same rank as Greer who is a master sergeant but is now a lieutenant which is cool. she and Scott look awesome.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by MrMann101 View Post
    It said on the new MGM site (which BTW is pretty good) that Johanson is now a 1st Lt.

This aint me pickng at the new show or anything-cos it looks amazing-but dint they change her rank to MSgt for the very reason above-inexperiance!

That is all.

October=SGU
    November=MW2

BRING ON AUTUM 09.
    I think that's exactly why they changed her to 1st Lieutenant. You need considerably more experience to be a Master Sergeant than you do a 1st Lieutenant. It takes a LOT to become a Master Sergeant in the Marines, not so much to be a 1st Lieutenant in the Airforce.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

I wouldn't take it as a done-deal based on its appearance on the site. With so many name and rank changes on this show, I think we'll have to wait for an on-screen, canonical reference to finally establish things like Tamara's rank.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

A little OT for the thread, but she sounds like a fantastic character - loved the shots in the CP and the things Huffman had to say about her

1st Lt means she is fresh out of the academy - so that plays well in the idea of her being an inexperienced field medic.

Very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deevil View Post
    1st Lt means she is fresh out of the academy - so that plays well in the idea of her being an inexperienced field medic.

Very well.
    2nd Lieutenant is before 1st Lt however.

And unless I'm very much mistaken, (which I rather arrogantly doubt) an officer is NEVER a medic. Certainly not in the British military and I HIGHLY doubt in the US military. Officers can be Doctors, but medic (still an important role) is a non-commissioned position. I would certainly not expect to see 'an inexperienced medic' being an officer at all. She could be an inexperienced DOCTOR, with that rank. But medic would imply an airman's rank.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

This was briefly mentioned in the main discussion thread a little while ago, when David Blue updated in photo album on his official site listing "Alaina Huffman as Lt. Tamara Johansen”. But at the time we didnt thing much of it since he also listed "Elyse Levesque as Chloe Hamilton”, which dosent appear to be true.

http://www.david-blue.com/Blue/Photo.../Stargate.html

So at this point, who knows?? But like Darren said nothing is set in stone until it appears on screen.

That is all.

October=SGU
    November=MW2

BRING ON AUTUM 09.

her knowledge in the medical fielld may be limited but it doesn't mean she isn't strong when it comes to her military training

For all we know, medic may not be her specialty. She might of gone to the academy for something else and took field medicine as a minor or something. That would solve it. As they say, she's inexperienced, and anyone who goes and studies medicine as a career shouldn't be inexperienced when they leave school.

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Default Re: Tamara Johansen-Now 1st LT *Spoilers*

That is all.

October=SGU
    November=MW2

BRING ON AUTUM 09.
    In the military it's actually not that hard to become an officer. You can join at 18, go through 4 years of college and the officer training program and if you pass, you become a 2nd Lt.

So she is a 1st Lt. so there is a possibility that she only has like 2 years of service under her belt, which is, not very much,

And Master seargent is much harder to accomplish considering its like 10 ranks away from private.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post

And unless I'm very much mistaken, (which I rather arrogantly doubt) an officer is NEVER a medic. Certainly not in the British military and I HIGHLY doubt in the US military. Officers can be Doctors, but medic (still an important role) is a non-commissioned position. I would certainly not expect to see 'an inexperienced medic' being an officer at all. She could be an inexperienced DOCTOR, with that rank. But medic would imply an airman's rank.
    Okay, so not 'fresh' - but close enough to it. It would still make her relatively inexperienced, as the promotion can happen even if you're confined to desk duties et all.

Also, it IS possible for an officer to have medical training. Not necessarily being a doctor, but she could be considered the 'medic' because she has more experience then the others in the crew.

Of course, we wont know till we see the show.

Chief Master Sergeant

Would she be the same as Lt Scott who just joined the Stargate program

Making her inexperienced like him

Or do you think she could have been in the stargate program longer

If so does length of time at a rank give you seniority over someone with the same rank as you?

Quote Originally Posted by Alterran1. View Post
    Would she be the same as Lt Scott who just joined the Stargate program

Making her inexperienced like him

Or do you think she could have been in the stargate program longer

If so does length of time at a rank give you seniority over someone with the same rank as you?
    Haha, I just got done asking one of the military posters here on GW about this. I'm pretty sure this is the case, though he also mentioned that it can be more complicated than that. Seniority apparently plays a pretty big role, as well as rank. Though someone else can probably explain these things much better
    Sig by Pandora's Box

Default Re: Tamara Johansen/Alaina Huffman Discussion/Appreciation thread (SGU)

*faints* And her personality is incredible in the short interview clips of her too.
    Sig by Pandora's Box

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post

She could be an officer with EMT training and the only person available to serve the medic role.