Tamara Johansen/Alaina Huffman Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamara Johansen/Alaina Huffman Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

She might be the least experienced medic on the destiny but I have high hopes for Tamara in the series. plus the fact that she is described as tough will get her far
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 04 June 2010, 08:30 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

pics from joe's blog http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...te-party-ever/

Alain Huffman yuks it up with husband John.

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

From the MGM site

Comment

It said on the new MGM site (which BTW is pretty good) that Johanson is now a 1st Lt.

But I thought she was supposed to be an inexperienced field medic?

This aint me pickng at the new show or anything-cos it looks amazing-but dint they change her rank to MSgt for the very reason above-inexperiance!

That is all.

October=SGU
        November=MW2

BRING ON AUTUM 09.

Comment

i dont know but first in the character development she was a Captain then for a while there look like she was going to be the same rank as Greer who is a master sergeant but is now a lieutenant which is cool. she and Scott look awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
            It said on the new MGM site (which BTW is pretty good) that Johanson is now a 1st Lt.

This aint me pickng at the new show or anything-cos it looks amazing-but dint they change her rank to MSgt for the very reason above-inexperiance!

That is all.

October=SGU
            November=MW2

BRING ON AUTUM 09.
            I think that's exactly why they changed her to 1st Lieutenant. You need considerably more experience to be a Master Sergeant than you do a 1st Lieutenant. It takes a LOT to become a Master Sergeant in the Marines, not so much to be a 1st Lieutenant in the Airforce.
            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

I wouldn't take it as a done-deal based on its appearance on the site. With so many name and rank changes on this show, I think we'll have to wait for an on-screen, canonical reference to finally establish things like Tamara's rank.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

A little OT for the thread, but she sounds like a fantastic character - loved the shots in the CP and the things Huffman had to say about her
                sigpic

Comment

1st Lt means she is fresh out of the academy - so that plays well in the idea of her being an inexperienced field medic.

Very well.
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                    1st Lt means she is fresh out of the academy - so that plays well in the idea of her being an inexperienced field medic.

Very well.
                    2nd Lieutenant is before 1st Lt however.

And unless I'm very much mistaken, (which I rather arrogantly doubt) an officer is NEVER a medic. Certainly not in the British military and I HIGHLY doubt in the US military. Officers can be Doctors, but medic (still an important role) is a non-commissioned position. I would certainly not expect to see 'an inexperienced medic' being an officer at all. She could be an inexperienced DOCTOR, with that rank. But medic would imply an airman's rank.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

This was briefly mentioned in the main discussion thread a little while ago, when David Blue updated in photo album on his official site listing "Alaina Huffman as Lt. Tamara Johansen”. But at the time we didnt thing much of it since he also listed "Elyse Levesque as Chloe Hamilton”, which dosent appear to be true.

http://www.david-blue.com/Blue/Photo.../Stargate.html

So at this point, who knows?? But like Darren said nothing is set in stone until it appears on screen.

Comment

That is all.

October=SGU
                        November=MW2

BRING ON AUTUM 09.

her knowledge in the medical fielld may be limited but it doesn't mean she isn't strong when it comes to her military training

Comment

For all we know, medic may not be her specialty. She might of gone to the academy for something else and took field medicine as a minor or something. That would solve it. As they say, she's inexperienced, and anyone who goes and studies medicine as a career shouldn't be inexperienced when they leave school.

Comment

That is all.

October=SGU
                            November=MW2

BRING ON AUTUM 09.
                            In the military it's actually not that hard to become an officer. You can join at 18, go through 4 years of college and the officer training program and if you pass, you become a 2nd Lt.

So she is a 1st Lt. so there is a possibility that she only has like 2 years of service under her belt, which is, not very much,

And Master seargent is much harder to accomplish considering its like 10 ranks away from private.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              2nd Lieutenant is before 1st Lt however.

And unless I'm very much mistaken, (which I rather arrogantly doubt) an officer is NEVER a medic. Certainly not in the British military and I HIGHLY doubt in the US military. Officers can be Doctors, but medic (still an important role) is a non-commissioned position. I would certainly not expect to see 'an inexperienced medic' being an officer at all. She could be an inexperienced DOCTOR, with that rank. But medic would imply an airman's rank.
                              Okay, so not 'fresh' - but close enough to it. It would still make her relatively inexperienced, as the promotion can happen even if you're confined to desk duties et all.

Also, it IS possible for an officer to have medical training. Not necessarily being a doctor, but she could be considered the 'medic' because she has more experience then the others in the crew.

Of course, we wont know till we see the show.
                              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                              X