No announcement yet.

Tamara Johansen/Alaina Huffman Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think she has a lot of potential, if the writers choose to develop her character.

Comment

I actually like her so far because they haven't delved into her character. Her personal problems, drama stuff. So far she is doing her job. I just hope that if they do delve, they don't make it unlikeable too much.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
        i like her alot and think she is the strongest female character in the show but she seems to be overlooked by the writers and fans
        Personally, she's my favorite female character out of all three Stargate shows. So that tells you how I feel about her. (hint: I think she's awesome! )

But I don't honestly think she's been overlooked by either the fans or the writers. I've heard plenty of fans express how much they like her. And while the writers haven't focused heavily on her, they have given her some quality scenes sprinkled throughout the episodes we've seen so far (the way she puts Telford in his place, the way she tries so hard to help the crew, her interactions with the aliens in Water, her reaction to losing a patient in Time...). True, her backstory hasn't been explored as much as some of the other characters, but I suspect that we will learn more about her in the coming episodes.
        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

She is the best and strongest on aboard. Simple.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I think part of the reason I like her character IS because they haven't delved deeply into it yet.

Patience though right?

There are still many episodes to dredge her character through the moral ethical mud.

She'll get her opportunity to show that she too is human.

She's either made, or will make some poor decisions, and cry about them to some dramatic background music.

Some of us will feel closer to her then, others of us will throw our hands up in disgust at yet another Meredith Grey aboard the Destiny.
            Last edited by beafly; 20 January 2010, 05:32 AM. Reason: Spelling; Clarity

Comment

She is one of my favourite characters too, In Justice she came across as genuinely caring about the welfare of the crew.
              "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
              "That he is concealing something."
              "Like what?"
              "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
              "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
              "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
              "I liked that movie!"

Comment

im glad to see so many like her aswell cos my family all watch stargate and one of them thinks she is boring and a terrible actress
                sigpic
                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Indeed.... Not to mention that she's easy to look at.
                  Mia: Don't you hate that?
                  Vincent: Hate what?
                  Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                  Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                  Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                  - Pulp Fiction

Comment

She's got gorgeous eyes

Comment

So far I like her But give it time, i'm sure they'll find a way to screw up her character What? Can I help it if i'm a pessimist and cynic *adjusts halo*
                      sigpic

Comment

I really like her. She's one of my favorite female characters in stargate.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        So far I like her But give it time, i'm sure they'll find a way to screw up her character What? Can I help it if i'm a pessimist and cynic *adjusts halo*
                        Have jel been injecting you with something?
                        sigpic

Comment

Linda was a cynic long before I met her, I just made her better
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I never thought of her as cynic. I just saw her as a crazy person.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                              The two aren't mutally exculsive
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I really like her. She's one of my favorite female characters in stargate.

Have jel been injecting you with something?
                                Not that I know of

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Linda was a cynic long before I met her, I just made her better
                                *nods head*

Stop talking about the crazy person when she's not here
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X