This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four groups to be closed

This is the notice that four social groups, Anti s4, anti s5, anti keller, anti mckeller are all going to be deleted.

We've looked into the software and there is no option to close the groups, they either exist or don't exist. But I know that members have things in the group they may wish to preserve, be they pictures or posts.

You have until Sunday night, US time, to pull out anything you want to keep. I'll then delete the groups Sunday evening sometime.

These four groups, the ones I've listed, are the only ones that we're deleting at this point in time. I'm not saying that more will be, but I'm also not promising that no others will be.

So if you have anything in those four groups that you want to save, get it done this weekend please.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Maybe you should post a notice about this somewhere because finding out on LJ is not the way to respect the people that do post in those groups - if only a long while ago.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This thread IS the notice

and I don't see it posted on LJ but it IS on GW...*looks around* this is GW right???
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

its in the "forum announcements and help" folder... what more of a official notice do you want?
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
          This thread IS the notice
          Mmm.... and how many people will actually see it, you think?

and I don't see it posted on LJ but it IS on GW...*looks around* this is GW right???
          I saw it pop up on my flist by someone who posts here too, otherwise I would never have known.

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
          its in the "forum announcements and help" folder... what more of a official notice do you want?
          You see, I only visit those parts of this forum that are of some interest to me. And I usually don't go any farther than my subscribed threads. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

All the changes (or almost all - depending on the thread) in the C&R got a notice in their threads.

Comment

I don't visit these threads, but I would have to agree that there should be a notice in the respective threads to be closed in case some of the posters are hermits like me.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              You see, I only visit those parts of this forum that are of some interest to me. And I usually don't go any farther than my subscribed threads. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

All the changes (or almost all - depending on the thread) in the C&R got a notice in their threads.
              Well I never visit those threads so I dunno which do or do not. But I would expect forum news to be posted in the subsection related to announcements not cluttering up the rest of the forum. I mean its the top subforum, and this thread is currently displayed on the main index because it is the newest.

Do you want it plastered over the forum when it only affects a to be honest minority of posters, who could reasonably be expected to check the fourm news/ announcement area?
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                Do you want it plastered over the forum when it only affects a to be honest minority of posters, who could reasonably be expected to check the fourm news/ announcement area?
                Posted in the affected groups and/or threads. It's what they did with the C&R.

Comment

This information should be posted in the affected threads because I'm sure I'm not the only one who only visits this section of the forum *after* I see a notice in a thread I usually visit that I should come here to weigh in on something related to that thread.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana

Comment

well Skydiver could be asked if she did post a notice in the prospective Social Groups?

These are not threads that are being discussed

Since there are no threads to post this notice in this would be the only thread available
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Season Five : Complaints and Misgivings thread is not a Anti thread. The first post specifically says it's not an anti thread so in essence, it shouldn't be deleted....in all fairness....

Now unless you mean the "social groups" listed here....http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        This is the notice that four social groups, Anti s4, anti s5, anti keller, anti mckeller are all going to be deleted.

We've looked into the software and there is no option to close the groups, they either exist or don't exist. But I know that members have things in the group they may wish to preserve, be they pictures or posts.

You have until Sunday night, US time, to pull out anything you want to keep. I'll then delete the groups Sunday evening sometime.

These four groups, the ones I've listed, are the only ones that we're deleting at this point in time. I'm not saying that more will be, but I'm also not promising that no others will be.

So if you have anything in those four groups that you want to save, get it done this weekend please.
                        I am just requoting this post to show folks that the word groups was used often

and not once was the

Season Five : Complaints and Misgivings thread even mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Posted in the affected groups and/or threads. It's what they did with the C&R.
                          FH she may have

I do not know where each of the four groups are and right now Skydiver is not online to answer that question.

I do believe she would place a notice in each group has she not already done so but we could also give her the chance to actually answer as well

Comment

I am just requoting this post to show folks that the word groups was used often

and not once was the

Season Five : Complaints and Misgivings thread even mentioned
                            well, when Anti S5 gets mentioned......it's hard not to automatically think of the thread. I've heard it mentioned before as a group so unless a specific thread location is posted, it gets confusing...especially for us non-mods.

Comment

well Skydiver could be asked if she did post a notice in the prospective Social Groups?

These are not threads that are being discussed

Since there are no threads to post this notice in this would be the only thread available
                              I had forgotten that there are social groups.

So, just to clarify - the social groups only are to be deleted, but not the corresponding threads?
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                              X