Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: the original movie- what should have been kept as part of SG-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: the original movie- what should have been kept as part of SG-1?

They changed a lot in the series, but is there anything you wish they kept??
    sigpic

Originally posted by Dr. Syverud View Post
    Erm... cant think of anything of the top of my head.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

The Anubis helmets. It would have been great if some of Anubis' jaffa wore them. Other than that I can't think of anything.
      My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

The way Sha're was portrayed. The original one seemed smarter, more suited for Daniel. The actresses were both good and very pretty, it was how the part was written.

Comment

I would have preferred that all the chevrons worked rather than just the one moving at the top.

Comment

Actually, I am glad TPTB made the changes they did for the show.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
              The way Sha're was portrayed. The original one seemed smarter, more suited for Daniel. The actresses were both good and very pretty, it was how the part was written.
              I second this! Had I not been smart and watched the original movie before Children of the Gods I would've thought to myself "why is Daniel so in love with her? She's nothing special..." based on how she was written...I was always disappointed with the direction they took the Daniel/Sha're relationship and the character herself. I would've liked to maybe see more of Sha're as a villain so we can connect more with her, then maybe have her actually redeemed in the end and instead of being killed, saved.
              That is just my two cents.

Comment

I definitely miss the transforming headpieces that Ra's Jaffa wore. That was my favorite effect from the movie. They tried to recreate it with a practical effect: Apophis's snake helmets that actually opened up. It was a weird idea and didn't really work. At least they tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Archetype View Post
                  I definitely miss the transforming headpieces that Ra's Jaffa wore. That was my favorite effect from the movie. They tried to recreate it with a practical effect: Apophis's snake helmets that actually opened up. It was a weird idea and didn't really work. At least they tried.
                  I miss them too. At least we got to see one again in Moebius when Teal'c had to retrieve the ZPM.

Temp0ral.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the actors in the movie did a great job. James Spader was great, Kurt Rusel was awesome, just...the hair... needs work.

Comment

i actually love how Ra's minions look in the movie. I know that they are not Jaffa exactly, but i think the design looks more authentic in terms of the Ancient Egypt link. Whilst i like the military style of the Jaffas outfits in SG1, i think they look rather boring compared to the movie. But hey, thats just me :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Syverud View Post
                        not many but,...very little actually...

definitely Horus and Anubis costumes. The way they animate.. it was really cool

The sound of the gliders... in the movie their sound was much more threatening.. Sound more like regular turbojets.

pyramids instead of tetrahedrons (New Hatak switched to the latter shape and at times was ridiculous when a tetrahedron lands on a pyramid ) The Hatak in Stargate SG-1 was a new ship compared to Ra's ship, but I think they shouldn't have changed the basic shape/inner shape to a tetrahedron. Keep the main shape as a pyramid and add new bells as whistles around it.

Abydos was the planet, Nagada (IIRC) was where the slaves lived...

Comment

cant really think of anything that darn important....

Comment

Can't think of anything at the moment but will get back to you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine View Post
                              The Anubis helmets. It would have been great if some of Anubis' jaffa wore them. Other than that I can't think of anything.
                              Agreed that would of been cool.
                              Tst

Comment

Working...
                              X