This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
    So I’ve been wondering lately what tv shows, movies and/or other media has made a reference to stargate. I don’t expect there to be too many, but I was just curious as I heard someone mention that there was a stargate reference on bones the other day. I can think of some like The Simpsons with the episode Kiss Kiss Bang, Bangalore. I was just wondering if anyone else could name a few?

On the March 2 '09 episode of Big Bang Theory, 'The Cushion
    Saturation,' Sheldon references a Stargate SG-1 episode.

This video clip is embedded on my google blog

Sheldon and his friends are playing a game of paintball war. They're
    in a shed, and Sheldon turns to his friends and says...

"What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on
    Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based
    loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta? (Blank stares from teammates.) Not
    important..."

[Brief Candle?]

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

^ Thanks!

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
      Huh, interesting! Could you elaborate on the Bones reference?
      I'm sorry I can’t, I just heard someone mention it, which is kind of why I started this thread. I'd love to know what it was in stargate that it was in regards to...and what episode of Bones that it was in.
      sigpic

Comment

Hmm... maybe this is a bit off topic, but the other day (a friend's brithday) we had a discussion on missing socks after washing them in a washing machine.
        After someone came up with the idea that the spinning barrel creates an anomalie beaming (Star Trek, and later seasons of Stargate) the socks into another dimension or another planet I saw the similarities between a washing machine and the stargate: both are spinning and when they are spinning they create a wormhole....
        Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
        Jack: "What?"
        Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
        Jack: "What?"
        Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
        Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
        - - - - -
        Knight Rider S01E11
        KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
        - - - - -
        Eureka S03E12
        Bismarck: This is madness.
        Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

Originally posted by nxcalibur View Post
          Hmm... maybe this is a bit off topic, but the other day (a friend's brithday) we had a discussion on missing socks after washing them in a washing machine.
          After someone came up with the idea that the spinning barrel creates an anomalie beaming (Star Trek, and later seasons of Stargate) the socks into another dimension or another planet I saw the similarities between a washing machine and the stargate: both are spinning and when they are spinning they create a wormhole....
          Dude that is probably the most off topic post I have ever read.....very funny though
          sigpic

Comment

If I remember right on the CBS series Numb3rs there was once a mention of "the stargate program". It had nothing to do with a stargate, but it was a code name for some other project. Can't remember which episode. But will post if I find which it is...

Comment

In South Park, Season 11 Episode's 10 - 12 "Imaginationland", they include the stargate as a plot device to getting to "Imaginationland" its meantion quite a lot with a few stargate parodies/jokes, they even have "kurt russell"'s Jack O'Neil in there.

Comment

Yeah i remember that south park episode pitty you beat me too mentioning it. That episode was very unusual but funny as well south park has a way of doing that. That episode was cool though.

What do they call their device though. I don't think they called it a stargate. Maybe an imagigate!!! It's been ages since i've seen that episode

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Answers View Post
                  Yeah i remember that south park episode pitty you beat me too mentioning it. That episode was very unusual but funny as well south park has a way of doing that. That episode was cool though.

What do they call their device though. I don't think they called it a stargate. Maybe an imagigate!!! It's been ages since i've seen that episode
                  "Project Imagination Doorway"

See clip here:
                  http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155739

And Kurt Russell
                  http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155759

The music is kind of "Stargateish" too
                  Last edited by Terra Atlantus; 14 March 2009, 06:38 AM.

Comment

i watched some documentary on space and stargate got mentioned because there was a topic about wormholes i can't remember the reference it was so long ago

Comment

This is slightly off topic because its not a TV show, however there is a comic in the newspaper called Brewster Rocket, which is basically a Sci Fi spoof. It uses the "Star Door" several times. The Star Door looks exactly like a Stargate, except its shapped like a doorway instead of a ring.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by CSESL View Post
                        If I remember right on the CBS series Numb3rs there was once a mention of "the stargate program". It had nothing to do with a stargate, but it was a code name for some other project. Can't remember which episode. But will post if I find which it is...
                        They were probably referring to the Stargate Project, which studied "remote viewing" (psychic powers, basically). I'll have to re-watch that show, see if I can catch the episode!
                        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
                          They were probably referring to the Stargate Project, which studied "remote viewing" (psychic powers, basically). I'll have to re-watch that show, see if I can catch the episode!
                          Yeah... I think that's the one... thanks

Comment

It uses the "Star Door" several times. The Star Door looks exactly like a Stargate, except its shapped like a doorway instead of a ring.[/

Exactly the same, but looks like a door instead

Comment

I don't know if you guys can remember this far back...but remember Reboot? How they would always try to create a doorway from Mainframe to the Net(or web, i honestly can't remember) anyways, they used a large round ring(not unlike a stargate) and even had the shimmering liquid surface...although to be honest Reboot came out even before the movie, which is probably where they got the idea from...but anyway...

The photo's from the last season, so i think stargate at least started...
                              Attached Files

Comment

my girlfriend claims to have heard Dane Cook make a refernece of stargate on one of his shows on Comedy Central

Comment

Working...
                                X