Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost's ending and viewer reaction question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost's ending and viewer reaction question.

In light of the dissatisfaction many had regarding the finale of BSG, I guess it begs the question about Lost. Now it doesn't matter which side of the fence you sit on regarding BSG's finale. Fact it there was enough displeasure to say that it was almost a coin toss whether you liked it or hated it. But now with BSG as history, one may wonder if the ending to Lost will be satisfactory or a let down, or does it even matter?

Because of the slow buildup over the seasons with Lost, is it almost expected or required that the ending be truly fantastic?

Would a simple ending with the answer to all of something like the island is a space ship, or the island is a portal to another world, etc.. suffice?

Will just about any decent ending suffice as long as all the different and varied storylines come to a proper conclusion?

Would you consider the story to be a failure if they wrapped up all storylines, except answering fully WHAT the island is?

I have no idea, honestly. I think people will end up with mixed feelings, because they might expect something to be answered or to happen, but it doesn't.

Lost has almost never disappointed me, although not everything on the show is good (the wow, this is awesome-feeling isn't present as much as it used to be). I expect that the ending will be really great, because the writers really know it has to be really great.

Comment

It will not be disappointing because what ever happen it cannot not be as lame as an answer as god was behind it all and everything as in BSG and not even answer the question of why and how.
      I am pretty certain we will not have five episodes of them sulking around the island and then the opening hour of the final with some more sulking around. I am certain we will get lots of flash backs which will be relevant and cause a lot of WTF moments from the fans when they realize how everything connect together and nothing have been left for them to guest. It will be satisfying.

Also Lost unlike BSG has actually been answering questions for the last 2 seasons, moving through them all and linking everything up into one greater story, which BSG never did, it never link anything together, no one thread going through the entire series, no one reason behind any of the events which what made the ending so unsatisfying. Reason and explanations is a way to satisfy my heart.

Lost will not leave great big unexplored plot line called the centurions and there new found intelligence and freedoms.

BSG also had writers which are generally lazy and do not planned for things, I think lost has been planned out the overall ark of there story, not episode to episode like Babylon 5 but certainly the overall ideas for 6 seasons of television. The runway prove how well they thought it all out.

There will not be a single answer to the questions in lost, It would be lame if they said in the last five minute Jackub behind everything and then have a helicopter trip back to the main land, and then credits, also it has proven now that not all the answers will be given to the audience directly but there will be clues there for the people who want those answers and willing to work for them and think for themselves.

For instant I think they said they are not going to explain the numbers in the tv series but for those of us who dug a bit deeper and join in with the lost experience we already no the answer to that particular question and it makes sense within the context of the tv series.

I think things like Jakub. smokey, and Christian Shephard will be explained and I do not think they will use spirituality to explain any of it. Three of things does worry me slightly but I think will get an answer for them.
      Last edited by knowles2; 30 March 2009, 02:57 AM.

Comment

I think this show will end in spectacular fashion. I really do.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

People we want to leave and/or die wil live, and people we want to live will die... shows usually do that to fans... the only problem is do people really die in lost? can the past be changed? Will we see some justice..???

why would the show creators kill a Cash Cow? This show could go on for a very long time..
          My Story:
          http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
            People we want to leave and/or die wil live, and people we want to live will die... shows usually do that to fans... the only problem is do people really die in lost? can the past be changed? Will we see some justice..???

why would the show creators kill a Cash Cow? This show could go on for a very long time..
            But it won't. Next season will definately be the last.

Comment

I'm sure the finale of LOST will be great. It def won't be nearly as bad as BSG because BSG had been on a swift downward spiral for a long long time and LOST is still getting better with only one season and about five episodes left to go.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I think it will be awesome, but there will always be somebody that doesn't like it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  I think it will be awesome, but there will always be somebody that doesn't like it.
                  That is pretty much the case with everything. Both in TV, and in life.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X