Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    Definitely a memorable season finale!

If the ones Jacob touched are the only ones to remember, that is extremely disappointing, seeing as all the relationships, all the love, hate, resilience, pain, redemption... all of that between all of the characters over the years will be nullified, and that is almost as bad as saying "it was all a dream".

On the bright side, I'm guessing the reset means we'll be seeing several characters we thought gone forever be back and at it again.

Was also surprised to discover the statue was not Anubis as first thought, but rather that of Taweret, the Egyptian goddess of fertility. Not sure where that fits into all this though.

2010... the final season of LOST forever...
    I've been thinking about this too. Does this reset mean even the people who died like Shannon and Charlie will return to season 6. I'm not sure what it means to be honest.
    - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
      but i hated her...
      Jacob I loved\Esau I hated.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
        I think Jacob did die, and I think that's the major death you're talking about. But I don't read a lot of spoilers so I don't know what you're talking about.
        No doubt Jacob did die when Ben killed him (2007), but for how long will he remain dead? Don't you think the bomb exploding in the 1970s will change (reset) all of what happened in 2007? Certainly things will be be different because of that bomb exposion. According to Faraday, things will be reset.

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
        Ok, so I'm watching the west coast feed, and it occurs to me that Jacob purposely brings new people to the Island. If he brought the Black Rock, did he bring the Jughead people? And then Dharma? It seems he definitely brought Oceanic 815 and Ajira. Jacob is trying to accomplish something... but what? And why is he other guy trying to stop him?
        Black Rock? Jughead? Did I miss something here?

Originally posted by SBN View Post
        Confusing.

For all intents and purposes Juliet and Sayid should be dead, yet...One could make the argument with two angles that they are not. Neither was shown to be dead, and if the bomb resets then they would be alive. So, is that the major character death?

Could Jacob really be the major death? Both the character and the actor tonight should not really be considered major characters.

The only really big news tonight was that Locke is really dead, so no more Locke. Other than that I really just did not find anything all that shocking. I must say I will be glad that next season is THE end. Lost was fun the first couple of seasons, but now it just gets so bleeping tiresome the stop and go with the story. If I had to do it all over again I think I would have waited until the series finished so I could watch it from begining to end.
        I understand what you are saying here because season 5 certainly was hectic going in different time frames all the time, but I have to be honest, I like it when I don't understand everything. That makes me have to rewatch it and in two years, I'll have forgotten, which means I will have to rewatch again. It makes my investment in the DVDs all the more worth while.

As for the major death - they must have meant Locke, not Jacob, because you are right, the latter is not a major player. Juliett also probably died, but I don't think they met her.

What does all this mean? According to Faraday, when the bomb explodes, that will reset everything. Don't forget, this bomb exploded in the 1970s. Oceanic 815 took off in 2004. Stay tuned for season 6 (which I haven't seen yet, waiting for DVD).

Originally posted by Billz View Post

Wow!

Why couldn't Damien Lindelof and J.J. Abrams have got the same quality, writing wise, in the latest Trek film?
        IMO, they did. Star trek film was AWESOME! Sorry it wasn't to you; there is always one.

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
        well she did set off a nuclear weapon so i can't see how she lived
        True, she died then (1970s), but according to Faraday, that explosion will reset everything. To what extent does that mean? I don't really know.

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
        If you're talking about the season six preview, my guess is Jack's...
        I concur. I think season 6 will bring Jack back up to the man, unlike season 5.

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
        btw how exactly do they expect to "destroy energy" by adding more energy ? (especially in such a random manner as an explosion). even if energy can somehow counter energy the chances of this happening using such a method are infinitesimal (and that's an understatement). plus since the energy being countered is continuous (as far as we know), the energy used to *somehow* cancel it out would have to be continuous as well (in other words something more akin to a nuclear plant, not a bomb)
        I doubt too many people can think like you here (compliment to you).
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 August 2010, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
          If its a Christ/Satan relationship between Jacob and the Other Guy, then its entirely possible that while the Other Guy found the loophole, its was Jacob's plan all along to create a situation where Jacob could orchestrate the other person's death via Richard and the gang hence the reason why he asked what's her name in the hospital for help.
          I have been leaning toward this thinking myself; thanks for sharing it. Having just finished this episode and not having seen season 6 yet, all my words come only from what I know from the first five seasons.

I too see the Jacob/other guy as a God v. Satan struggle. Jacob = God; other guy = Satan. Of course when they meet, Jacob is dressed in white (purity) and the other guy is dressed in black (evil). I really enjoyed these two episodes a lot because a lot was revealed. Jacob personally visited the main characters from the show at various times in their life shows how predestined they were to this struggle between good v. evil. Please don't read any further if the spiritual angle upsets you.

Obviously "Satan" could not kill Jacob himself according to the established rules, so he had someone else do it for him - Ben. Ben's character became very revealing in this episode. Up until now, I didn't know what to make of him. Now I have an idea. I now see him as a man who wants to please God and follows his bidding but is very upset because God has not revealed himself to Ben. That sounds very familiar in today's world too. In fact, I too have felt God's snub in my life when I most wanted it. So, I can relate to Ben very much.

Obviously, Jacob/God anticipated Satan's play here - enter the people from Ajira Flight 316, led by Ilana. This is going to be fun to watch in season 6. I really like her character. I'm wondering what kind of history those two had previously because when he visited her in the hospital, it was clear, they already knew each other quite well. I'm wondering if she is another angel figure like Richard. I see Richard as Gabriel, God's faithful angel. Thus, he never ages. I'm thinking Ilana is not a mere human either because Jacob knows her so well. (Just thinking out loud.)

Finally, we all know the ending - good triumphs over evil, so I imagine Jacob will have the last laugh and the other guy will finally get his and be put to rest permanently. Now, what about John Locke? I guess, he will be resurrected again after the 1977 H-bomb explosion. So many possibilities here. I've said enough for now. (I'm probably talking to myself anyhow since I may be the only person in the world who has not seen season 6.)

Comment

Working...
          X