Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Post The Incident, Part 2 (517)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    THE INCIDENT, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 517

Jack must get past Sawyer in order to deliver a bomb to the Swan construction site. Locke and the Others reach Jacob's home, leading to a fateful meeting between two rivals.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; June 7th, 2009 at 09:04 PM.

Sitting in a corner, waiting for the 3rd SG1 movie

Default Re: The Incident, Part 2 (517)

Holy Moses!! I have to wait until 2010 for more?!?

I don't even know what to say! It's like some cosmic grudge match between Jacob and other guy (who has been in every show I have ever seen, I think LOL).

And Juliet! I had a bad feeling when Sawyer looked at her. And then boom! Darg! Must rewatch!

Captain

If its a Christ/Satan relationship between Jacob and the Other Guy, then its entirely possible that while the Other Guy found the loophole, its was Jacob's plan all along to create a situation where Jacob could orchestrate the other person's death via Richard and the gang hence the reason why he asked what's her name in the hospital for help.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

That was awesome. We finally get to see who Jacob is and then just like that...
    I thought Juliet's fall was an incredible scene but then there was that last scene.
    Finally got to see Jack and Sawyer throw down... awesome.

I gotta say it's nice they finally give us the answer to the question "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" - Anybody care to translate?!

Who is Anti-Jacob? I got a feeling he's the good one.
    So that's where all that stuff sticking out of the walls in the Swan came from...
    I could've sworn Miles was gonna die when he was saving Chang.
    Loved the scene with Ben, Jacob and Anti-Jacob.
    KA-BOOM! see ya next season...

I liked the way they inverted the closing logo... looks like they're gonna use that next season.

Spoiler:
    I'll bet anything it was Jack's eye opening in the season 6 preview.

Chief Master Sergeant

amazing finale...every min of it was great...

although the producers did say there would be 1 major death in finale...but they didn't actually make it clear who dies...Sayid was very near death the last time we saw him in the episode and then Juliet triggering the bomb...guess we'll have to wait 8 months for an answer to that question..

something i'm confused about, the real John Locke really did die back in L.A. but, Jacob's little boyfriend took his place...i guess thats what he ment when he said he found his loophole..as for jacob being killed, i doubt it...if he knew to visit a few of the losties at earlier points in there lives, he must know how future events play out and would have foreseen his death....

he also mentioned that "there coming", i'm guessing he means the losties found there way back...

something that disappointed me about the episode and the season in general is the lack of desmond...

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by boyd18 View Post

although the producers did say there would be 1 major death in finale...but they didn't actually make it clear who dies...Sayid was very near death the last time we saw him in the episode and then Juliet triggering the bomb...guess we'll have to wait 8 months for an answer to that question..

something i'm confused about, the real John Locke really did die back in L.A. but, Jacob's little boyfriend took his place...i guess thats what he ment when he said he found his loophole..as for jacob being killed, i doubt it...if he knew to visit a few of the losties at earlier points in there lives, he must know how future events play out and would have foreseen his death....

he also mentioned that "there coming", i'm guessing he means the losties found there way back...

something that disappointed me about the episode and the season in general is the lack of desmond...
    I took it as 'The Others' coming into the Temple.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Quote Originally Posted by boyd18 View Post

I think Jacob did die, and I think that's the major death you're talking about. But I don't read a lot of spoilers so I don't know what you're talking about.

Sitting in a corner, waiting for the 3rd SG1 movie

Ok, so I'm watching the west coast feed, and it occurs to me that Jacob purposely brings new people to the Island. If he brought the Black Rock, did he bring the Jughead people? And then Dharma? It seems he definitely brought Oceanic 815 and Ajira. Jacob is trying to accomplish something... but what? And why is he other guy trying to stop him?

Confusing.

For all intents and purposes Juliet and Sayid should be dead, yet...One could make the argument with two angles that they are not. Neither was shown to be dead, and if the bomb resets then they would be alive. So, is that the major character death?

Could Jacob really be the major death? Both the character and the actor tonight should not really be considered major characters.

The only really big news tonight was that Locke is really dead, so no more Locke. Other than that I really just did not find anything all that shocking. I must say I will be glad that next season is THE end. Lost was fun the first couple of seasons, but now it just gets so bleeping tiresome the stop and go with the story. If I had to do it all over again I think I would have waited until the series finished so I could watch it from begining to end.

I hate my life. about 40 seconds towards the end was cut because of a station glitch. I'll have to find that missing time somewhere.

This was a great episode... Great

One question though.

Sayid was wearing Horace's uniform... and he was dieing/ almost dead. In a few seasons back, when locke is looking through the corpses in the hole in the jungle, he searches through Horace's uniform for a paper. Is it possible, that since sayid was wearing his uniform, that the body locke finds is not horace, but indeed sayid?

That's what jumped out in my head when I saw that scene.

Other then that, I really feel sorry for the original locke. We'll most likely never get him back, and we've lost a good character.

wow, just wow.

there's SO much to take in!

is locke really dead, or is the body in the casket thingie just his shell?

quick question: when jacob went back in time to see all the losties, did he touch every one? i'm wondering that 'if' he touched each person, that might have?... i don't know.

juliet. i'm liking sawyer and juliet more as leading couple than jack and kate (i ship both couples).

this show... what writing.

(i'll have more tomorrow, when i can get my head around everything)
    sally

The First One (Moderator) Darren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    quick question: when jacob went back in time to see all the losties, did he touch every one? i'm wondering that 'if' he touched each person, that might have?... i don't know.
    Yep, about halfway through I realized that he was making deliberate, physical contact with each person he visited -- either touching them (finger on Kate's nose, hands on Jin and Sun, etc.) or through an object (candy bar to Jack, pen to James). By the Hurley taxi scene, I was watching for it -- and the touch is there at the end, very deliberate, just before Jacob gets out of the cab.

What was he doing? At first it seemed like he was influencing people in some small way. Then later, with others (e.g. Jack), it was more like he was just observing.

Was the touch some sort of "tagging," a part of bringing them to the island?

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Wake View Post
    I hate my life. about 40 seconds towards the end was cut because of a station glitch. I'll have to find that missing time somewhere.
    Well you'll just have to watch the whole thing online tomorrow (abc.com)

Chief Master Sergeant ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal's Avatar

Metallic black hole. So thats whats being blocked in the hatch. They really were saving the world by pushing the button. Too many good lines and moments
    When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    I gotta say it's nice they finally give us the answer to the question "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" - Anybody care to translate?!
    The answer is "He who will save us all." Basically: Jacob.
    Spoiler:
    Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Angry Re: The Incident, Part 2 (517)

Ffffffffuuuuuu

Wow!

Someone care to explain the loophole to me? I was stunned to see 'Living Locke' in the foot of the statue and 'Dead Locke' fall out of the box outside the foot at the statue, all in the present time line.

I hate that Juliet died. That really shocked me. To be honest, I wanted Kate to 'kick the bucket', as it were. I hate Kate.

I guess we can basically sum up that most of the statue was destroyed by the 'Jughead' bomb.

This is quite possibly the best episode to date. The writing was absolutly superb. Why couldn't Damien Lindelof and J.J. Abrams have got the same quality, writing wise, in the latest Trek film?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Quote Originally Posted by Billz View Post

Wow!

Someone care to explain the loophole to me? I was stunned to see 'Living Locke' in the foot of the statue and 'Dead Locke' fall out of the box outside the foot at the statue, all in the present time line.
    At first I was annoyed when they opened up the crate the first time, as I had the suspecion they were going to keep this a secret over several episodes, thanfully we get to see what is in the box.

I hate that Juliet died. That really shocked me. To be honest, I wanted Kate to 'kick the bucket', as it were. I hate Kate.
    But is she dead? We see she has fallen down a deep hole, is injured, but never dead. From now until next year anything, and I mean anything could change. They very well could write it in that she will survive, the island will heal her. Or she could never be seen again. Sadly we have to wait 8 months + to be sure.

I guess we can basically sum up that most of the statue was destroyed by the 'Jughead' bomb.
    We really don't know that yet, as we never saw the statue in 1977. Prior the brief glimpse shown gave us no time coordinates. And the begining of this episode gives us the idea the statue was whole several hundred years ago. It is a good assumption, but with Lost we never know.

This is quite possibly the best episode to date. The writing was absolutly superb. Why couldn't Damien Lindelof and J.J. Abrams have got the same quality, writing wise, in the latest Trek film?
    Just saw the Trek film..meh, it's for kids. The only character I enjoyed seeing was Karl Urban's Bones. The rest of the cast just bored me, I had no interest whether they lived or died.

Wow!

Remember what the guy who was talking to Jacob said at the start of part 1... That he wanted to kill Jacob, but needed to find a loophole.

The loophole was that he took Locke's form, to convince someone to kill Jacob... as he himself was unable.

Nope, series reset (hopefully)

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by SBN View Post
    At first I was annoyed when they opened up the crate the first time, as I had the suspecion they were going to keep this a secret over several episodes, thanfully we get to see what is in the box.

But is she dead? We see she has fallen down a deep hole, is injured, but never dead. From now until next year anything, and I mean anything could change. They very well could write it in that she will survive, the island will heal her. Or she could never be seen again. Sadly we have to wait 8 months + to be sure.

We really don't know that yet, as we never saw the statue in 1977. Prior the brief glimpse shown gave us no time coordinates. And the begining of this episode gives us the idea the statue was whole several hundred years ago. It is a good assumption, but with Lost we never know.

Just saw the Trek film..meh, it's for kids. The only character I enjoyed seeing was Karl Urban's Bones. The rest of the cast just bored me, I had no interest whether they lived or died.
    well she did set off a nuclear weapon so i can't see how she lived

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast